The Xbox Series X|S thread

Is there a point to the walking segment of Matrix Awakens (after the shooting section), or is it just "free roam till you're bored with nothing to do"? Game is pretty - yes. I can easily see them dropping resolution a bit to introduce unlocked 60 fps here though. Don't think it will be that much of a burden.

UE 5 is great. But we are yet to see what it's really capable of. I want to see how 50+ hour RPGs will look and play like in UE5 before passing judgements.

24 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Is there a point to the walking segment of Matrix Awakens (after the shooting section), or is it just "free roam till you're bored with nothing to do"? Game is pretty - yes. I can easily see them dropping resolution a bit to introduce unlocked 60 fps here though. Don't think it will be that much of a burden.

UE 5 is great. But we are yet to see what it's really capable of. I want to see how 50+ hour RPGs will look and play like in UE5 before passing judgements.

If it was 60 i would have praised it. But at 30 no big deal plus you cant go inside any of the buildings.  GTA V on PC with some insane graphics mods and ray tracing can look as good at 60 fps lol.

Im talking about buildings and city details not character models n all.

Edited by WhiteWolf

24 minutes ago, roun90 said:

These guys did a decent job of covering the walking segment and give you an idea of what to try until DF do their breakdown. There are lots of settings you can play with, try the fly mode, for 25GB it almost feels like a full game, if you add missions and some cutscenes and stretch the game to around 60-70GB, you get a very futuristic and something far better than any eye candy modern open world games. The last time something like this blew my mind and is going to release as a actual game is beyond good and evil 2.

It’s just free roam with no activity of any sort. 

I don’t think a game can have RT reflections,RT shadows & all sorts of high end fidelity features available & then expected to run at 60fps on PS5 & SX. 

Only reason SS version is more stable coz it’s 720p at times & has worse RT reflections(in proportion) & no RT shadows. 

Edited by AnK

I can't believe people are trying to play down a great futuristic tech demo on consoles and playing the FPS card, go buy a 1.20L 3070 build a PC around it taking cost around Rs.2.5L then buy a OLED TV, taking cost to around Rs.3.8L. Meanwhile let the console gang enjoy the fine peace of tech for around Rs.1.7L less than half you pay just for a 30FPS more. Optimization is a later part, and with this amazing engine I'm sure top studios will make 4k60 on consoles possible and PC might go to 4k120.

So just enjoy the taste of future instead of finding faults in it. I can't believe people can find fault with this, only bad part in the demo is water in sea looks poor though they might not have wanted to give it importance

Power On: The Story of Xbox - all 6 chapters out

A small team of upstarts sets out to convince Microsoft that it’s time to enter the console business. Chapter 1 of Power On: The Story of Xbox. Xbox almost didn’t happen. Find out why in this behind-the-scenes, six-part series that takes you back to the scrappy beginnings of Microsoft's video game console. It’s the untold story of the people behind the box, glitches and all.

The battle to own the living room is on–but not without significant cost and risk. Chapter 2 of Power On: The Story of Xbox. Xbox almost didn’t happen. Find out why in this behind-the-scenes, six-part series that takes you back to the scrappy beginnings of Microsoft's video game console. It’s the untold story of the people behind the box, glitches and all.

Public doubt intensifies as issues threaten to spoil the 2001 launch for Xbox. Chapter 3 of Power On: The Story of Xbox. Xbox almost didn’t happen. Find out why in this behind-the-scenes, six-part series that takes you back to the scrappy beginnings of Microsoft's video game console. It’s the untold story of the people behind the box, glitches and all.

A console is only as good as its games… and Xbox needs a gamechanger to survive. Enter Halo. Chapter 4 of Power On: The Story of Xbox. Xbox almost didn’t happen. Find out why in this behind-the-scenes, six-part series that takes you back to the scrappy beginnings of Microsoft's video game console. It’s the untold story of the people behind the box, glitches and all.

The demand for Xbox 360 is at fever pitch, but a critical malfunction threatens its success. Chapter 5 of Power On: The Story of Xbox. Xbox almost didn’t happen. Find out why in this behind-the-scenes, six-part series that takes you back to the scrappy beginnings of Microsoft's video game console. It’s the untold story of the people behind the box, glitches and all.

Xbox loses its way. Can a former intern get the team back on track? Chapter 6 of Power On: The Story of Xbox. Xbox almost didn’t happen. Find out why in this behind-the-scenes, six-part series that takes you back to the scrappy beginnings of Microsoft's video game console. It’s the untold story of the people behind the box, glitches and all.

Pretty good documentary. 

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Xbox nailing 2021 Best Console Exclusive of the Year :majesty: 

2021 belongs to Xbox. There is no debate on this, fantastic  come  back by Xbox.  Now they need to keep it up.

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Power On: The Story of Xbox - all 6 chapters out

A small team of upstarts sets out to convince Microsoft that it’s time to enter the console business. Chapter 1 of Power On: The Story of Xbox. Xbox almost didn’t happen. Find out why in this behind-the-scenes, six-part series that takes you back to the scrappy beginnings of Microsoft's video game console. It’s the untold story of the people behind the box, glitches and all.

The battle to own the living room is on–but not without significant cost and risk. Chapter 2 of Power On: The Story of Xbox. Xbox almost didn’t happen. Find out why in this behind-the-scenes, six-part series that takes you back to the scrappy beginnings of Microsoft's video game console. It’s the untold story of the people behind the box, glitches and all.

Public doubt intensifies as issues threaten to spoil the 2001 launch for Xbox. Chapter 3 of Power On: The Story of Xbox. Xbox almost didn’t happen. Find out why in this behind-the-scenes, six-part series that takes you back to the scrappy beginnings of Microsoft's video game console. It’s the untold story of the people behind the box, glitches and all.

A console is only as good as its games… and Xbox needs a gamechanger to survive. Enter Halo. Chapter 4 of Power On: The Story of Xbox. Xbox almost didn’t happen. Find out why in this behind-the-scenes, six-part series that takes you back to the scrappy beginnings of Microsoft's video game console. It’s the untold story of the people behind the box, glitches and all.

The demand for Xbox 360 is at fever pitch, but a critical malfunction threatens its success. Chapter 5 of Power On: The Story of Xbox. Xbox almost didn’t happen. Find out why in this behind-the-scenes, six-part series that takes you back to the scrappy beginnings of Microsoft's video game console. It’s the untold story of the people behind the box, glitches and all.

Xbox loses its way. Can a former intern get the team back on track? Chapter 6 of Power On: The Story of Xbox. Xbox almost didn’t happen. Find out why in this behind-the-scenes, six-part series that takes you back to the scrappy beginnings of Microsoft's video game console. It’s the untold story of the people behind the box, glitches and all.

Pretty good documentary. 

Binged it... very very well directed.. 4th 5th and 6th episodes feel more connected to our Era of gaming..Goosebumps Guaranteed..  Man wat a disaster with Xbone going from Major success from X360..

Kudos to them to for including  the RROD and Xbone disaster without any shame ...  I think they have come a long way to Series Era after such a fall by these acquisitions and Gamepass.. 

Must watch for some of the greatest stories in Gaming...

24 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Kudos to them to for including  the RROD and Xbone disaster without any shame ... 

Until & unless they openly admit that they are having to give games practically for free with a backdoor into the ecosystem,I don’t think they are quite there yet. 

But yes in terms of fanbase & generating interest among gamers,it’s one hell of a turnaround. 

• Haha 1