The Xbox Series X|S thread

Scampass peeps, how do we improve download speeds ? Nothing running in background. Starts at 300 Mbps or so, and quickly stabilizes at 70 Mbps (connection is gigabit, Jiofiber). 

Also, how do i put the console on standby ?

43 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Scampass peeps, how do we improve download speeds ? Nothing running in background. Starts at 300 Mbps or so, and quickly stabilizes at 70 Mbps (connection is gigabit, Jiofiber). 

Also, how do i put the console on standby ?

Don't put on standby :P Just go to the home screen from in-game and turn off the console. Standby is only for consoles that don't have quick resume :D

Jokes aside, check the power settings. There are two options - Instant On, Power Savings. Instant-On kind of operates like a standby mode. 

Edited by l33tmaniac
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

So well packed. Mine had no packing. And the side was torn. Thankfully inside was all good. 

They had did that with my One X. Series X by default has superb packing which nearly keeps the console safe. So good to see it was recieved in proper condition.

Setup done for the console and what on earth is wrong with the download speed? With a 200Mbit line it's fluctuating all over the place, even more than it did on my One X. Do any of you get full peak speed on it with an Airtel Fibre line?

Rest all looks good. The setup process was super smooth with all my settings carrying over. Will test out the games in morning.

Kudos to Amazon for getting it on Christmas day. Packaging was perfect this time.

Edit: Just rebooted and download speed seems better now. 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt

1 hour ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Setup done for the console and what on earth is wrong with the download speed? With a 200Mbit line it's fluctuating all over the place, even more than it did on my One X. Do any of you get full peak speed on it with an Airtel Fibre line?

Rest all looks good. The setup process was super smooth with all my settings carrying over. Will test out the games in morning.

Kudos to Amazon for getting it on Christmas day. Packaging was perfect this time.

Even i had this problem with xbox series s on Airtel fibernet. 
Connecting with  ethernet cable(cat6 for above 100 mbps) solves this problem.

Edited by ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ

3 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Haha. Same issue with my net too. Can't seem to get over 300 Mbps on ethernet on a gigabit connection. And that is when everything seems fine. 

Couple of things helped:

Suspend/close any background app/game

Got a slight boost when changing power mode from standby to energy saving. 

Guess many new Xbox consoles would be sold on Christmas, and servers are getting hammered. 

6 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Also, check if any games are on quick resume in Groups -> Quick Resume. 

If there are 2 or more games in QR, download speeds will throttle terribly. 

9 hours ago, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

Even i had this problem with xbox series s on Airtel fibernet. 
Connecting with  ethernet cable(cat6 for above 100 mbps) solves this problem.

I already had a CAT6 connected to it. I think it's not even our ISP at times and it's just Microsoft's serves being shite. It's the same on their Xbox PC app too. Every other store manages to max out my download speed, except this one.

6 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Haha. Same issue with my net too. Can't seem to get over 300 Mbps on ethernet on a gigabit connection. And that is when everything seems fine. 

Couple of things helped:

Guess many new Xbox consoles would be sold on Christmas, and servers are getting hammered. 

It was quite late, so decided to just queue up all my games, put it on standby mode and went to sleep. Pretty much everything was done by morning. I think it was around 200GB worth of data or probably a bit more. Just going to follow the same process now.

I also noticed that it runs quite warm or at least the top vent was sending out a lot of hot air. I'm guessing this is normal and not a cause for concern. I never actively monitored my one X and quite frankly, never had to as it just was never an issue. 

One thing I really like that Microsoft allowed us to use the Xbox one controller with every game. I really feel this is something Sony should have allowed us to do as well. I don't really like the Dualsense controller and DS4 feels natural in my hand, but eh, it's ok for now.  

26 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

I also noticed that it runs quite warm or at least the top vent was sending out a lot of hot air. I'm guessing this is normal and not a cause for concern. I never actively monitored my one X and quite frankly, never had to as it just was never an issue. 

Yep, that's normal. Don't worry about it. The thing is built like a tank.

• Like 1

Facing this issue. 

Standby is on (energy saving off), storage sleep option unticked. 

But I've tried like 20 games so far through both xbox and gamepass app - just gets stuck on "Waiting for console". Doesn't get downloaded unless I switch on the console and download manually. 

12 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Facing this issue. 

Standby is on (energy saving off), storage sleep option unticked. 

But I've tried like 20 games so far through both xbox and gamepass app - just gets stuck on "Waiting for console". Doesn't get downloaded unless I switch on the console and download manually. 

Welcome to the 90's UI. I still cant download anything from app , so stoped bothering with it.