The Xbox Series X|S thread

Guys, been having this problem where game's audio does not routed to connected headset, but keeps on playing on the TV. 

Have tried reconnecting the headset and restarting the game. Same issue. Does not get resolved till i reboot the console. 

It is updated to latest firmware. 

5 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Guys, been having this problem where game's audio does not routed to connected headset, but keeps on playing on the TV. 

Have tried reconnecting the headset and restarting the game. Same issue. Does not get resolved till i reboot the console. 

It is updated to latest firmware. 

Try playing around with the following setting:

AudioSettings3-1.png?resize=1200,675&ssl

If that doesn't fix it, maybe there's something wrong with the controller?

Guys what games (2 at max) should I buy (help please) as they are on sale on xbox;

1) Lost Judgement

2) Cyberpunk 2077 (worth it or should I wait for the next gen upgrade)

3) Far Cry 6

I have not played resident evil village or Marvel Guardians either but not my type so yeah.....

Or I can just pick 1 game because we own gamepass and eventually everything is free. :P

Edited by kaka_messi

4 hours ago, TRMNTR said:

Try playing around with the following setting:

AudioSettings3-1.png?resize=1200,675&ssl

If that doesn't fix it, maybe there's something wrong with the controller?

These settings are already ticked. 

It's a new sealed XSX. Used only for 3 days. Worked fine on D1. And then started crapping with some games. Costume Quest 2, ITT etc. Yesterday, I could her the other person's voice, but no in game audio. All volume controls and levels checked. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

It definitely sounds like the settings are f**ked in some way. Doesn't sound like a hardware defect because you can still hear chat audio. 

Can you check the audio mixer and make sure it's not all the way towards party chat. 

I fiddled around with all settings. The audio keeps coming out of TV whatever I do, barring a cold reboot. Seemingly random. Works for a bit, doesn't work for the next game. 

8 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I fiddled around with all settings. The audio keeps coming out of TV whatever I do, barring a cold reboot. Seemingly random. Works for a bit, doesn't work for the next game. 

Faulty headphone jack maybe? 

If you have a spare controller (or borrow someone else's), check if it's happening on that. 

3 hours ago, kaka_messi said:

Guys what games (2 at max) should I buy (help please) as they are on sale on xbox;

1) Lost Judgement

2) Cyberpunk 2077 (worth it or should I wait for the next gen upgrade)

3) Far Cry 6

I have not played resident evil village or Marvel Guardians either but not my type so yeah.....

Or I can just pick 1 game because we own gamepass and eventually everything is free. :P

Easy. Get - 

1) Lost Judgement

2) Far Cry 6

Far Cry 6 is pretty nice. Lost Judgement is really great, especially if you are a fan of Yakuza Series (The Brawler/Action Games)

Wait for Cyberpunk 2077. Currently it's only worth it on PC. The game is miserable on consoles.

This is just my opinion though.

Edited by roun90

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

These settings are already ticked. 

It's a new sealed XSX. Used only for 3 days. Worked fine on D1. And then started crapping with some games. Costume Quest 2, ITT etc. Yesterday, I could her the other person's voice, but no in game audio. All volume controls and levels checked. 

Have you tried a different headset. Or if you have a xbox one controller try with that too.

Seems like a faulty headphone jack but see if you can isolate the problem to headset, controller or console. Can troubleshoot from there.

Edited by El Tigre Chino

35 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

None imo

Judgement was pretty meh imo but maybe the sequel is a bit better. 

Cyberpunk wait for next gen and Far Cry 6 is a remake of a decade plus old game. Save your money for better games.

Agree with this.

Dont know about judgement 

Cyberpunk is no go

Farcry 6 is just not worth it .