The Xbox Series X|S thread

5 hours ago, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

Found a new trick with download speed.
close any background running s game for quick resume. download speed will go back to  full speed.

Any trick doesn't work, unless XSX is in the mood, but thanks! 

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

This is true. 

Was downloading Gears 5, and speeds kept on going from 25 mbps to 200 mbps. Wild fluctuations all over the place. Nothing running in BG. 

f**king thing never reaches my full connection speed. Connected via ethernet. 

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

48 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

This is true. 

Was downloading Gears 5, and speeds kept on going from 25 mbps to 200 mbps. Wild fluctuations all over the place. Nothing running in BG. 

f**king thing never reaches my full connection speed. Connected via ethernet. 

For whatever reason, the servers also treat different ISPs differently. I have 2 connections, Airtel and Excitel. On good days, I get full 300+mbps on my Excitel but on bad days, some games will just refuse to download while they download just fine on Airtel. So, there's that as well.

8 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Using a 30k device for charging ipad. Ultimate way to mock xbots. 

Not really. I used PS5 (and PS4) before this but gave it for service today beacuse of disc eject issue. Tried it on xbox and it didn't work. I watch Netflix or something on my iPad till late night and plug it to charge before going to sleeep cause my daughter needs it early morning for her school. Also Google classroom is bugged AF on iOS and the battery goes from 100 to 20 in 2 hours so I have to charge it atleast twice. Same with powerbank and other stuff like bands or watches that could be charged on PS4/5, even charged my switch through it once. 

53 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Does anyone charge their ipad/smart device etc on xbox? Trying to charge ipad but it doesnt work in instant on mode. Am i doing something wrong or is it just not supported? Ps4 and 5 worked perfectly fine.

I don't think it works on Instant Mode.. I have never tried in On Mode either.. Instant Mode just keeps the HDD on.. 

51 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Does anyone charge their ipad/smart device etc on xbox? Trying to charge ipad but it doesnt work in instant on mode. Am i doing something wrong or is it just not supported? Ps4 and 5 worked perfectly fine.

:lol:

Can't say I have. I don't think it would be driving as much power to charge an iPad. Even if it does I'd imagine it would switch off power to the usb ports after a while.

30 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

:lol:

Can't say I have. I don't think it would be driving as much power to charge an iPad. Even if it does I'd imagine it would switch off power to the usb ports after a while.

Strange power abnk seems to be charging and so was the eneloop battery charger. Been charging my ipad through PS4 or laptop for the last 3-4 years and don't even know where the charger is. Plus it charges extremely quick through PS4/5  rest mode while takes a lot longer if I use some traditional 5~10v apple/Android charger. Newer fast chargers don't work so can't use that.