The Xbox Series X|S thread

1 hour ago, hsk_colossus said:

I think you can still use emulators.. 

Without dev mode active, i doubt you can install emulators.   

Also, Funny thing i tried enabling dev account for my MS account in preparation for future XSS but the payment was failing all the time with a wierd error code that is all over internet with no answers.  Now it would have been more sad for me, if that went through. 

1 hour ago, Pacifier said:

Also, Funny thing i tried enabling dev account for my MS account in preparation for future XSS but the payment was failing all the time with a wierd error code that is all over internet with no answers.  Now it would have been more sad for me, if that went through. 

i think you can...let me search

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Can't. It boots into dev mode for the emulator thingys. 

1 hour ago, Pacifier said:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-is-disabling-dev-mode-access-on-xbox-mvg-retail-emulation-still-available.535475/

Microsoft Is Disabling Dev Mode Access on Xbox... | MVG (Retail emulation still available)

“Those emulators haven’t required dev mode for ages now. That’s super outdated info.

I’ve never ever used dev mode and I use Retroarch, DuckStation (PS1), FlyCast (Dreamcast), AMR2 etc happily on my Series X.”

6 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-is-disabling-dev-mode-access-on-xbox-mvg-retail-emulation-still-available.535475/

Microsoft Is Disabling Dev Mode Access on Xbox... | MVG (Retail emulation still available)

“Those emulators haven’t required dev mode for ages now. That’s super outdated info.

I’ve never ever used dev mode and I use Retroarch, DuckStation (PS1), FlyCast (Dreamcast), AMR2 etc happily on my Series X.”

6 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

There are retail emulators available on the store. Since xbox can run any uwp app, these apps also run. 

Thanks ! Will give it a go ! :wub:

Today marks the 1st anniversary of receiving my XSX.

Thanks to gamepass and WFH, don't think I have ever played these many games in a single year.

Still feel like Xbox console exclusive games, like Gears and Halo, lacks behind PS titles like God of War & Uncharted. That being said FH4 and FH5 are the best racing games I've played.

Edited by makdi_man
  • Like 7