The Xbox Series X|S thread

8 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

There have been so many random drops on flipkart and Amazon in last one week. Just follow the Twitter accounts which keep track of it and buy from a legit retailer than someone as scummy as ppgc

Could you link me one of the twitter handles? Dealing with that jackass is the last resort 

3 minutes ago, Aercy said:

Those who bought Xbox Series X from Amazon in the past 6 months: What was the wait times from ordering and delivery? My estimated time is Feb 14th, ordered on Jan 16th

Got mine in 5 days, but that was because Amazon had it in stock. 

In the latest drop, they themselves showed mid Feb as the delivery date. So looks like they're going to get new stocks, nothing in stock. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Aercy said:

Those who bought Xbox Series X from Amazon in the past 6 months: What was the wait times from ordering and delivery? My estimated time is Feb 14th, ordered on Jan 16th

This guy plays with time. 

How is the external hard drive support for the Series S (X would be same as well).  Can you default your downloads to the external drive for ALL games ? (even though you have to move them to main drive for playing)

Can we play games of external drive as long as the game is not "next gen only" ? or we cannot play any game which has got next gen patch?

For ex, can we play FH5 or Halo Infinite off external drive? or that would only play Xbox One version?

1 hour ago, Pacifier said:

How is the external hard drive support for the Series S (X would be same as well).  Can you default your downloads to the external drive for ALL games ? (even though you have to move them to main drive for playing)

Can we play games of external drive as long as the game is not "next gen only" ? or we cannot play any game which has got next gen patch?

For ex, can we play FH5 or Halo Infinite off external drive? or that would only play Xbox One version?

Yes you can download all games on external hard drives and move them to internal hdd later . 

You cannot play next gen games or games optimized for Series X/S via external hdd.

But Some games like Fifa 21 have 2 versions available for download ( shown separately on gamepass) 

1) optimised for XSX/S and

2) Xbox one version

You need to download the Xbox one version - that can be played via external hdd. 

Edited by Krazyniks

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yes to question 1.

Question 2, I doubt it. Smart delivery defaults to downloading the best possible version of a game because of which it's not possible to download last gen versions. So yeah, no next gen games off hard drive. Im like 90% sure about this.

21 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Yes you can download all games on external hard drives and move them to internal hdd later . 

You cannot play next gen games or games optimized for Series X/S via external hdd.

But Some games like Fifa 21 have 2 versions available for download ( shown separately on gamepass) 

1) optimised for XSX/S and

2) Xbox one version

You need to download the Xbox one version - that can be played via external hdd. 

Ok thank you. this clears up. Given that the default option can be set to Ext HDD, it makes sense to download the XSS version and move when required to play.

Microsoft:

• Gaming revenue increased 8% in FY 2022 Q2.
  • In-line with estimate of high single digits.
  • That's $ 5.43B in sales for Xbox in a record holiday quarter.
  • Content & Services rose 10% on first party & XGP subs. Estimate was mid-teens.
  • HW sales up 4% on continued demand.

FJ-fr1pXwAIu4ZS?format=jpg&name=large

• Based on FY 2022 Q2 gaming sales ~ $5.43B, its current annual revenue from the Xbox division is roughly $16.26B.
  • That's the first time it's above $16B and an all-time high.
  • ~77% from Content & Services. 

FJ-g6uxXMAUIbDp?format=png&name=large

• Like 3

Completed all the base game achievements for "Tails of Iron". My second 100% achievments for base game on Xbox (first being MLB The Show).

Now only one (out of the three achievements) left from the "Bloody Whiskers" expansion. But this requires the game to be completed in the hardest mode. Won't do that. 

There's some sweet feeling about the platinum trophy popping in PS. Xbox should definitely add platinum trophy like features.

I thoroughly enjoyed the 16 hours spent in TOI. The gameplay is really fun.

Now onto Death's Door and then to Nobody Saves the World.

• Like 1