The Xbox Series X|S thread

1 minute ago, Vamos said:

Going by their dates for Fallout 4 and 76, they first revealed gameplay in June and launched the game in November. 
The same is happening now with Starfield. 

Except this time, they might’ve been forced to announce the showcase date 2 months in advance due to the employee leak. 

Maybe a coincidence. Who knows. 

11 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Why are they announcing this 2 months in advance

This:-

10 hours ago, Vamos said:

Maybe the recent Starfield leak by former employee forced them to announce something immediately, to alleviate concerns about the game. 

10 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Why in June and not in May in that case. 

Coz they can just announce an event early to kill the negativity coming from the leak.

They can’t really make the gameplay showcase up & running early just like that. 

41 minutes ago, AnK said:

This:-

Coz they can just announce an event early to kill the negativity coming from the leak.

They can’t really make the gameplay showcase up & running early just like that. 

Was the leak actually negative? IIRC, he only said that the engine isn't great and the air combat is something he doesn't like. Combat being crappy is a known issue with most Bethesda games and it's a well known fact that Bethesda games are unoptimized af. 

Edited by l33tmaniac

14 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Was the leak actually negative? IIRC, he only said that the engine isn't great and the air combat is something he doesn't like. Combat being crappy is a known issue with most Bethesda games and it's a well known fact that Bethesda games are unoptimized af. 

-Engine isn’t great.

-Combat/Flight is nothing to boast about (overall gameplay).

-Game has a lot of content ready but a lot will have to be left out to touch the release date.

Normally speaking it isn’t really a big deal & it can easily be as good/great game on the lines of FO4(87 meta) or HorizonFW(88 meta). 

But bots all around the internet are hyping it up as the next Hula Mula of the hooye gooye (Skyrim) & something that will be up there with the likes of Elden Ring & GoW~R in the GOTY race. 

That’s why internet was set ablaze by this news & angry bots even wanted Bethesda to catch the leaker & ruin his career. (Once some other guy confirmed he’s legit) 

Edited by AnK

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

-Engine isn’t great.

-Combat/Flight is nothing to boast about (overall gameplay).

-Game has a lot of content ready but a lot will have to be left out to touch the release date.

Normally speaking it isn’t really a big deal & it can easily be as good/great game on the lines of FO4(87 meta) or HorizonFW(88 meta). 

But bots all around the internet are hyping it up as the next Hula Mula of the hooye gooye (Skyrim) & something that will be up their with the likes of Elden Ring & GoW~R in the GOTY race. 

That’s why internet was set ablaze by this news & angry bots even wanted Bethesda to catch the leaker & ruin his career. (Once some other guy confirmed he’s legit) 

Fanboys on both side will always have something to crap on. As long as the story, world-building and exploration is good - the game will be a hit. Skyrim was freaking fun to play because of the sandbox nature. It had every single pitfall that's being highlighted here, but was still a GOTY contender. 

18 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Fanboys on both side will always have something to crap on. As long as the story, world-building and exploration is good - the game will be a hit. Skyrim was freaking fun to play because of the sandbox nature. It had every single pitfall that's being highlighted here, but was still a GOTY contender. 

I don’t know man,if I was an Xbox fan (which I was for a short while) I would for once just sit back & let things come to pass & not make statements like it will kill this kill that. 
I have a feeling that each f**ckin time the collective Xbot consciousness is just jinxing things for themselves for over a decade now. 

Just keep calm atleast one freakin time. 

44 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

He was mostly negative about engine. Game still going heavy QA every week, they will tweak stuff here and there till it feels right.

They will never use brand new engine coz Creation Engine is extremely modder friendly. Game will fully support mods on PC and Xbox dayone. Modding community is massive and it keeps game active for years. One of the main reason i play Bethesda RPG on PC are mods  :P

I totally expect it to have bugs at launch but i also expect it to have less bugs compared to previous Bethesda RPG games.

Edited by WhiteWolf

3 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

He was mostly negative about engine. Game still going heavy QA every week, they will tweak stuff here and there till it feels right.

They will never use brand new engine coz Creation Engine is extremely modder friendly. Game will fully support mods on PC and Xbox dayone. Modding community is massive and it keeps game active for years. One of the main reason i play Bethesda RPG on PC are mods  :P

I totally expect it to have bugs at launch but i also expect it to have less bugs compared to previous Bethesda RPG games.

Changing engine will just kill it. 

While From Soft engine, BGS engine, Dying Light engine etc they all perform poorly, it's the engine that make them special to play.

Else everything will feel like different flavours of Assasins Creed games. Smooth, inoffensive, boring. 

Obviously the engine change thing can’t happen at this stage of Starfield but yes if Witcher 4 can switch engine & opt for UE5 then so can Elder Scrolls 6.

Edited by AnK

People said the same about cdpr and their engine.. how it's mod friendly, easy to use, blah blah etc But the bottomline is that even they had to change the engine and opt for a 3rd party one. And the Red engine was miles better at visual showcase than any BGS engine (creation or gamebyro)

Creating the most pristine polished & cutting edge game is much more important than catering to modders & post game fixes. 

PC hardcore players are the majority of gamers who relish mods but these ppl are getting lesser in numbers than ever before. 

Most ppl on consoles/handhelds & even PC today want to play a good game & be done with it.

Rise of cloud will make this trend even more prominent. 

28 minutes ago, AnK said:

Creating the most pristine polished & cutting edge game is much more important than catering to modders & post game fixes. 

PC hardcore players are the majority of gamers who relish mods but these ppl are getting lesser in numbers than ever before. 

Most ppl on consoles/handhelds & even PC today want to play a good game & be done with it.

Rise of cloud will make this trend even more prominent. 

There's a joke that goes that Bethesda games are mod friendly in order to allow the users to fix all the bugs and problems themselves :rofl:

Also polished and Bethesda don't go together.

By Bethesda i mean the Todd Coward studio, not the publisher.

1 hour ago, AnK said:

I don’t know man,if I was an Xbox fan (which I was for a short while) I would for once just sit back & let things come to pass & not make statements like it will kill this kill that. 
I have a feeling that each f**ckin time the collective Xbot consciousness is just jinxing things for themselves for over a decade now. 

Just keep calm atleast one freakin time. 

Dude where do you hear these xbots? Might want to spend less time on Twitter 

3 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Dude where do you hear these xbots? Might want to spend less time on Twitter 

On 4/26/2022 at 8:26 PM, triggr happy ss said:

starfield ,redfall and forza motorsport will probably review higher than the sony games as well. 

This includes GoW~R too 

& he wasn’t the first or the last to say this….don’t need to go anywhere else.

So without watching anything about anything he is going gungho that everything will kill everything. 

Just now, AnK said:

This includes GoW~R too 

So without watching anything about anything he is going gungho that everything will kill everything. 

So probably review higher means it will kill this kill that? :ko::lol:

1 minute ago, AnK said:

This includes GoW~R too 

so? It can review higher.. that’s a possibility.. isn’t it ? 
what’s so out of ordinary about that ? 
where does killing it come into picture ?