The Xbox Series X|S thread

29 minutes ago, godspeed4476 said:

Thinking of upgrading my xbox one s to series s as i am unable to download microsoft flight sim. Just wondering if there is any remarkable difference between the 2 in terms of graphics, loading speed? I play on an average high def monitor, and mainly use the console for xbox game pass and multimedia. The lack of physical Blu ray player is not a factor as i havent brought any physical game in almost 5 years. Any inputs from ppl who made the switch recently would be appreciated 

Like KC said it's a huge difference from One S to Series S .You will get better graphics / loading speeds as well higher frame rates in all games  (upto 120 fps in few games on FHD )

Also Quick Resume is amazing. This feature allows you to resume your game from the exact spot you left playing ( even after you fully shutdown/unplug Series S) . Not only it saves a lot of time in game launching / loading save - it just makes the experience so much better. 

Definitely worth the switch .

Also just read about your injury. TC n get well soon .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, godspeed4476 said:

Thks bud <3, might just make the switch tomorrow. I have 10-11 more days on being immobile and being on full bed rest hence trying to make most of it by gaming haha

Get a Thrustmaster Hotas One & wireless mouse too if you are into Flight Sim and specifically getting it for that. Exponentially improves the experience compared to controller.

If you can shell out for the SX, basis my experience on the X, Flight Sim is quite resource intensive and there are some high density areas that can really work the system. I don't know how well optimised those are for the SS.

12 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

If you can shell out for the SX, basis my experience on the X, Flight Sim is quite resource intensive and there are some high density areas that can really work the system. I don't know how well optimised those are for the SS.

Frame rate more stable on Series S due to lower settings.

2 hours ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Get a Thrustmaster Hotas One & wireless mouse too if you are into Flight Sim and specifically getting it for that. Exponentially improves the experience compared to controller.

Thks bud. the joy stick does look slick. Though this time, i'll be doing it piece by piece. Back in the days, had spent a bomb on Sidwinder Force feedback joystick(which i still have) and MS flight sim 2002 disc. Dont know if I would enjoy getting back into the game so much after all the years

3 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Frame rate more stable on Series S due to lower settings.

Ah makes sense. Also looked it up, seems like the frame rate issues are cause by one of the recent Sim updates and is being investigated.

1 hour ago, godspeed4476 said:

Thks bud. the joy stick does look slick. Though this time, i'll be doing it piece by piece. Back in the days, had spent a bomb on Sidwinder Force feedback joystick(which i still have) and MS flight sim 2002 disc. Dont know if I would enjoy getting back into the game so much after all the years

Aye makes sense. I just jumped in head first and got the stick before the game was even out ?. FS20 was my primary reason to upgrade to the SX from the Xbone.

With respect to the Hotas One, the build quality isn't really the best. The throttle feels like in needs more tension / resistance and overall the build feels like it could have been put together better. But it's the only compatible starter stick available unless you're willing to drop big bucks and get some of the Honeycomb yoke & throttle quadrant, etc

Hotas One occasionally goes for 7-8k on Amazon when it comes in stock. I see it's currently listed for 15k, don't fall for that if you decide to pick it up.

5 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Look what came in the mail

IMG-20220618-212351-01.jpg

Sold PS4 Pro for 25k, bought SS for 25k

minecraft-free-real-estate.gif

That's a really good price for PS4 pro .

Also XSS - Imported from US or pre-owned from India ? 

2 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

That's a really good price for PS4 pro .

Also XSS - Imported from US or pre-owned from India ? 

It is imported and maybe 10 days used. The guy upgraded to SX and wanted to offload it.