The Xbox Series X|S thread

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

PC stays connected to the monitor, still primary way to play stuff.

Ah, so this is only for couch gaming ? Even I'm thinking of getting a series s, does it upscale well to a 4k tv ? Ps4 games look really bad in full hd mode on 4k tv without upscaling.

39 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Ah, so this is only for couch gaming ? Even I'm thinking of getting a series s, does it upscale well to a 4k tv ? Ps4 games look really bad in full hd mode on 4k tv without upscaling.

It does pretty good job of upscaling. 

42 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Yeah mainly for couch gaming in another room. It looks alright on 4K tv as long as game doesn't go under 1080p. But it holds 60fps in most games which is what's important.

58 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

It looks fine if you sit a bit further away. 

Though get the X for 4k if you don't have any other means of playing xbox games.

11 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

It looks fine if you sit a bit further away. 

Though get the X for 4k if you don't have any other means of playing xbox games.

I already have a gaming PC.  But recently thinking of getting a console for living room/couch gaming as sometimes I don't feel like being in my room after having worked for 8+ hours there (wfh).  Also don't have too much space on my tv unit to keep series x/ps5 for now. Series s is tiny and i can push it into one of the bottom shelves.  Last and most important, where's series x available ? Most units get sold within secs/mins lol ?

31 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

I already have a gaming PC.  But recently thinking of getting a console for living room/couch gaming as sometimes I don't feel like being in my room after having worked for 8+ hours there (wfh).  Also don't have too much space on my tv unit to keep series x/ps5 for now. Series s is tiny and i can push it into one of the bottom shelves.  Last and most important, where's series x available ? Most units get sold within secs/mins lol ?

XSX doesn't get sold out within minutes. Sometimes it's available for hour or more. Few guys reported here . PS5 is a different story though it gets sold out in 2/3 minutes max. And almost impossible to get without use of bots. 

5 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Folks with an Xbox Series S, how does it look on a 1440p monitor?

It's perfect for XSS since it natively supports this resolution. The difference between 1080p and 1440p is striking especially if you play on 27 inch monitor.  Games look much better on it.  

4 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

It's perfect for XSS since it natively supports this resolution. The difference between 1080p and 1440p is striking especially if you play on 27 inch monitor.  Games look much better on it.  

Are you saying that 1080p looks good on a 1440p monitor or vice versa? 

25 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Are you saying that 1080p looks good on a 1440p monitor or vice versa? 

No i mean if you play on a 27 inch monitor then difference between playing on a 27 inch monitor with 1080p native resolution compared to playing on a 27 inch monitor with 1440p native resolution is striking and very noticeable. If a monitor is 24 inch or less than the difference is hardly noticeable. 

P.S. I know what i am stating is very obvious. Should have clarified it better in original post.

Edited by Krazyniks

2 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

No i mean if you play on a 27 inch monitor then difference between playing on a 27 inch monitor with 1080p native resolution compared to playing on a 27 inch monitor with 1440p native resolution is striking and very noticeable. If a monitor is 24 inch or less than the difference is hardly noticeable. 

P.S. I know what i am stating is very obvious. Should have clarified it better in original post.

I know that part. That's why I was confused about what you were saying. The upscaling on the XSS does not mitigate the issue?

16 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

I know that part. That's why I was confused about what you were saying. The upscaling on the XSS does not mitigate the issue?

XSS outputs most games at 1440p so no need for upscaling . 

57 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Upscalers on new gen consoles are good. It works well enough on 4k too. But it depends on you as well. What you consider acceptable.

If you care too much about this then get X obviously.

6 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Upscalers on new gen consoles are good. It works well enough on 4k too. But it depends on you as well. What you consider acceptable.

I sold my Series X a while back since I wasnt using it. Was wondering if the XSS would make sense down the line if I hook it to my monitor. I seriously love the small form factor

1 minute ago, l33tmaniac said:

I sold my Series X a while back since I wasnt using it. Was wondering if the XSS would make sense down the line if I hook it to my monitor. I seriously love the small form factor

What size monitor you have? Also how far do you sit?

6 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said: