The Xbox Series X|S thread

42 minutes ago, Vamos said:

XSS is a good option for 20k (brand new). 

The fact that buying extended storage costs almost the same as the console itself is stupid af. 

Especially a big problem considering the storage is only 500 gb for a digital-only console. 

Get a USB3 HDD?

Internal storage can hold 5-10 AAA games, so even that is sufficient for me. 

I have an external storage but it just holds games that I won't be playing anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Get it if something interests you. 

Gamepass is not a good reason to get it. 

If you wanna play online, xbox community is very cool and is primary reason to get it. Else wait till something interesting come up. Price will go down as well.

I already have one S bro. Been using game pass since 3 years or so. It's so damn worth it. Finished so many good sp games thanks to xgp. Just looking to upgrade my one S so I wanted series S plus it's small and portable :wub:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

I already have one S bro. Been using game pass since 3 years or so. It's so damn worth it. Finished so many good sp games thanks to xgp. Just looking to upgrade my one S so I wanted series S plus it's small and portable :wub:

Cool. It's a nice upgrade over One S for sure.

I think you can get sub 30k new if you keep an eye. Else get used.

1 hour ago, Vamos said:

XSS is a good option for 20k (brand new). 

The fact that buying extended storage costs almost the same as the console itself is stupid af. 

Especially a big problem considering the storage is only 500 gb for a digital-only console. 

Don't think you will get a brand new XSS for 20k even if you import from US .

Actual usable storage is 364 GB. So yeah definitely need external HDD with USB 3.0 or SSD . While you can't run next gen games , game transfer between drives doesn't take a huge amount of time at all.

Test Results while transferring AC origins game files (49 GB) between Drives on XSX were as follows :

External SSD - Internal SSD 2m 20s

Internal SSD - External SSD 4m 33s

External HDD - Internal SSD 7m 46s

Internal SSD-External HDD 10m 36s

source: https://www.destructoid.com/xbox-series-x-has-speedy-file-transfers-between-hdd-and-ssd/

Transfer times from XSS should.be the same or near about.  

I think these times are manageable especially if XSS is not your primary console. Why spend extra on storage.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Yeah. Don't need 120fps anyways. It's good but since I have PS5, i can play on 120fps on that.

1440p & 4k upscaling will do

Yeah if PS5 is your main console then XSS is a great budget buy to enjoy games on Gamepass at 1440/60fps. 

I had the same combo but recently sold of my XSS as i just don't have the time for two consoles . 

17 minutes ago, BK__317 said:

Someone was selling a Series S for 21k here or in techenclave,you willing to buy used? 

I think you might be referring to my post here .  I sold it via OLX for 21k few days back.

Edited by Krazyniks

1 hour ago, BK__317 said:

Someone was selling a Series S for 21k here or in techenclave,you willing to buy used? 

Ya i saw those. Want a new one as of now. No hurry as of such ...can wait. Will see during the sales.

1 hour ago, Krazyniks said:

Yeah if PS5 is your main console then XSS is a great budget buy to enjoy games on Gamepass at 1440/60fps. 

I had the same combo but recently sold of my XSS as i just don't have the time for two consoles . 

I think you might be referring to my post here .  I sold it via OLX for 21k few days back.

Ya primary PS5 is sufficient for 4k gaming. Xbox only for gamepass content 

2 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Internal storage can hold 5-10 AAA games, so even that is sufficient for me. 

I doubt it. 

Flight Sim alone takes upto 150 GB (maybe a bit more) on my SX. 

This is without any offline map data. 
Forza is 105 GB. 

Not sure what else will fit. 

31 minutes ago, Vamos said:

I doubt it. 

Forza is 105 GB. 

5 Games at Max if you Gears, Forza, Halo the trinity of Xbox :P 

26 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

5 Games at Max if you Gears, Forza, Halo the trinity of Xbox :P 

Just buy a 1TB hdd for 3-4k 

a smart gamer can make things work with 300gb SSD + 1TB hdd without too much inconvenience 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vamos said:

I doubt it. 

Forza is 105 GB. 

You will still be left with 120 gb so you can go for Sniper Elite 5 and Watch Dogs 2, both new gamepass releases which are good. And 2-3 indie titles.

But yes if you want to keep 250gb data permanently parked in SSD, a usb hdd becomes a must. 

I don't do that so never had any storage issue. Even my external drive is just 500gb SSD that has 100-200 gb free always.

19 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

The way it happened is Xbox execs were discussing that we should compete with PS5 digital edition as its 40K, After several discussion they invite hardcore Xbot @El Tigre Chino into the room, he says Hold My Beer and suggests let’s increase the price as close to the PS5 digital edition so we are Neck to Neck in the market… 

Oh My God Omg GIF

• Haha 3

Y'all saw this crazy post on reddit?

Someone got a Series X and a controller for just Rs.7389 directly buying it from amazon with a 87% discount(basically due to a price glitch and unlike the usual times where thr order gets cancelled,OP actually got the freaking product delivered and the controller which he bought for around Rs.705 is working absoluely fine)

All there is left is the actual console and if it actually gets delivered then holy sh*t bruh.

The price glitch in the post:

Edited by BK__317