The Xbox Series X|S thread

The new 1.0 GB update has done some good changes like XSX boot up time has been improved drastically. 

Two features added to Xbox in the recent update

- Party chat noise suppression option

- jump right into a game from a friend's screenshot/video capture

Party-chat-noise-suppression-8dba2e19bb5

Edited by Heaven Angel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

I thought you were just trolling. It's actually 800p ?

Fb_PajUX0AYTsdq?format=jpg&name=900x900

Yeah,it's mostly 800P especially if you are traversing through the city when there is a lot of stuff to render or maybe in gun fights.

The only time it hits 1080P is probably when you look up to the sky with a building in one corner of the view then the pixel counts return 1080P other than that i would guess it's mostly around 800P-900P range.

I mean it's a weak a*s console so sub 900P was expected.

Just now, 0verlord said:

Well that’s okay

XSS does 800p to 1080p for 60fps on a 1080p TV seems okay when we think about PS5/XSX doing 1440p-1800p for 60fps on a 2160p TV

Yeah,i wonder what will happen when even the bigger consoles will drop the resolution to 1080P just to get 60FPS in future UE5 games? Will XSS be dropping to the 540P range? Idk.

7 minutes ago, BK_317 said:

Yeah,i wonder what will happen when even the bigger consoles will drop the resolution to 1080P just to get 60FPS in future UE5 games? Will XSS be dropping to the 540P range? Idk.

If big consoles with drop to 1080p, then Series S will go down to sub 720p.

Am not too concerned about it though. I have Metro Exodus installed and it looks great. 

20 minutes ago, BK_317 said:

Yeah,it's mostly 800P especially if you are traversing through the city when there is a lot of stuff to render or maybe in gun fights.

The only time it hits 1080P is probably when you look up to the sky with a building in one corner of the view then the pixel counts return 1080P other than that i would guess it's mostly around 800P-900P range.

I mean it's a weak a*s console so sub 900P was expected.

It's worse on metro exodus, goes down to 512p apparently, that's dvd territory. Even their first party title GoW has dynamic low end of 720p.

I mean it's just an observation, if people are enjoying the games that's great. 

If games do get more resource intensive going forward, devs might have to tone down the fidelity on XSS just to make it playable, I just hope they don't make games with XSS as the base. 

5 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

If games do get more resource intensive going forward, devs might have to tone down the fidelity on XSS just to make it playable, I just hope they don't make games with XSS as the base. 

It's gonna be lead platform. It built for that.

Cyberpunk looks amazing on it. Not the right game to pick on it. 

800p might sound low but it's on high settings. Developers make right compromise on it.

8 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

It's worse on metro exodus, goes down to 512p apparently, that's dvd territory. Even their first party title GoW has dynamic low end of 720p.

I mean it's just an observation, if people are enjoying the games that's great. 

The target audience are just casual gamers so i think it won't matter at all,games are 100% gonna get more intensive in the coming years so i really think 60FPS modes will be skipped for this console(devs are already skipping it now,other than that the console should run games just fine in 30FPS)

So yeah,once we leave cross-gen then i wonder how the console will stack up.

2 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

It's gonna be lead platform. It built for that.

Cyberpunk looks amazing on it. Not the right game to pick on it. 

800p might sound low but it's on high settings. Developers make right compromise on it.

I hope not, see how Crisis Core Reunion looks on XSX and PS5, it's because Switch is the base.

I say, build for XSS/PS5 then downgrade for XSS as needed to get a respectable res and fps. Everyone's happy. 

2 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

I hope not, see how Crisis Core Reunion looks on XSX and PS5, it's because Switch is the base.

I say, build for XSS/PS5 then downgrade for XSS as needed to get a respectable res and fps. Everyone's happy. 

Switch is from a different planet.

It's a handheld that was outdated 10 years ago.

Edited by Vaibhavp

5 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Switch is from a different planet.

It's a handheld that was outdated 10 years ago.

I was only giving an example, same would be the case for games if XSS was taken as base console to develop for.