The Xbox Series X|S thread

2 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

I was only giving an example, same would be the case for games if XSS was taken as base console to develop for.

If developers make a game on it and keep it at 1080p, it will hit Series X limit at 4k.

It scales perfectly with it.

2 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

If developers make a game on it and keep it at 1080p, it will hit Series X limit at 4k.

It scales perfectly with it.

I'm not talking about resolution scaling only. XSS will limit how good a game can look. If gamers are happy with what XSS can push that's great, but there's no need to put a cap on what XSX and PS5 can achieve because of it.

Best to develop with XSX and PS5 in mind, then downgrade and remove stuff until it's playable on XSS.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

I'm not talking about resolution scaling only. XSS will limit how good a game can look. If gamers are happy with what XSS can push that's great, but there's no need to put a cap on what XSX and PS5 can achieve because of it.

Best to develop with XSX and PS5 in mind, then downgrade and remove stuff until it's playable on XSS.

Haven’t seen a single game which does native 4k at 60fps in ‘fidelity mode’ with max settings on ps5/xsx - these 2 are always base consoles where games are developed and then scaled down to xss

we have never seen and nor will ever see in future that xss was base console for devs

2 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Haven’t seen a single game which does native 4k at 60fps in ‘fidelity mode’ with max settings on ps5/xsx - these 2 are always base consoles where games are developed and then scaled down to xss

Good. 

If that's true, hope it stays that way. 

Edited by gecko89

2 hours ago, b!T said:

I fail to see what is new in this? my 1X UI looks pretty much the same. Am I missing something?

It's pretty subtle...

A random subset of Xbox Insiders in the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring will get access to some of the Xbox Home experiments this week. The first round of preview updates includes a new “jump back in” row at the top of Xbox Home that includes the usual recently played games and apps. You’ll notice (in the screenshot above) that there’s no longer a bigger tile for the most recently used app or game, and the interface is a lot more like Microsoft’s Xbox TV app.

That Xbox TV app also has a search function up top and quick access to settings — Microsoft is bringing both to its main Xbox Home console UI. There’s even a pinned tile for access to the Microsoft Store alongside the usual “My games & apps” tile. Unfortunately, the ad tile still exists and is pinned to the Xbox Home screen.

When you scroll down, Microsoft will show curated categories and recommendations based on the games you play, and there should be a more consistent design throughout with improved layouts.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TRMNTR said:

The entire home screen is now GamePass. I hope that's something that we can customise otherwise that'd be stupid.

I am gonna assume it's customisable. Otherwise yeah, it'll be pretty lame