The Xbox Series X|S thread

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but i have been contacted by a huge company called GAMEVICE(no,it's not a scam i checked thoroughly and it looks like it's the company directly contacting me from a post i made on the state of telescopic controllers for android) which makes telescopic/stretchable controllers for android...they are the ones who made the Razer kishi btw.

They are giving me a free Gamesir Flex controller compatible with android phones + gamepass ultimate for 3 months for posting a detailed review. Not sure how customs and shipping will be handled because this controller isn't launching in india so i'm thinking it will be shipped from the US.

Can't find a relevant forum here so oh well...do any of y'all ever been contacted like this on any products or such? Idk what to do.

Edited by BK_317

Do y’all think it makes sense for M$ to make a portable version of the XSS? Looking at how Steam deck is selling and also how MS already has a ready product in hand with lesser power, I would love to see the XSS as a handheld.

Wishful thinking, but the console space needs more portable devices

3 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Do y’all think it makes sense for M$ to make a portable version of the XSS? Looking at how Steam deck is selling and also how MS already has a ready product in hand with lesser power, I would love to see the XSS as a handheld.

I don't think they will considering they have invested heavily on xcloud which can be played on mobiles. Also, they might be favouring devices like logitech one recently unveiled.

4 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

They'd rather pour that money into their xbox game streaming tech instead.

Even Sony pussied out of the portable game after Vita flopped and still has no intent to return

Assume MS made a portable xbox, steam deck is still better

because you can play ps games on that :naughty:

8 hours ago, b!T said:

I don't think they will considering they have invested heavily on xcloud which can be played on mobiles. Also, they might be favouring devices like logitech one recently unveiled.

8 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Even Sony pussied out of the portable game after Vita flopped and still has no intent to return

I want all game streaming services to die ? It might be the future, but I like owning portable gaming devices that play native content. Rather than glorified mobiles

Edited by l33tmaniac
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

Vita's failure is on Sony. if they would have pushed some more content on it and made it with conventional memory card, it would have sold more.

10 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

I want all game streaming services to die ? It might be the future, but I like owning portable gaming that play native content. Rather than glorified mobile devices 

Same here. I prefer handhelds with native content. But, I don't have much experience with streaming to decide whether I like it or not :P

20 hours ago, BK_317 said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but i have been contacted by a huge company called GAMEVICE(no,it's not a scam i checked thoroughly and it looks like it's the company directly contacting me from a post i made on the state of telescopic controllers for android) which makes telescopic/stretchable controllers for android...they are the ones who made the Razer kishi btw.

They are giving me a free Gamesir Flex controller compatible with android phones + gamepass ultimate for 3 months for posting a detailed review. Not sure how customs and shipping will be handled because this controller isn't launching in india so i'm thinking it will be shipped from the US.

Can't find a relevant forum here so oh well...do any of y'all ever been contacted like this on any products or such? Idk what to do.

Yeah, I’ve received such requests many times. Good to go as long as they are not asking for any financial details or PII except shipping address from you.

3 minutes ago, Shantz said:

Yeah, I’ve received such requests many times. Good to go as long as they are not asking for any financial details or PII except shipping address from you.

But i'm curious how they will handle shipping though...? There are customs charges and shipping costs right?

59 minutes ago, BK_317 said:

But i'm curious how they will handle shipping though...? There are customs charges and shipping costs right?

Yeah, they should cover shipping themselves. For customs, they'd mark it as review/sample piece so most of the times there's no customs as long as it is not super expensive. Bigger companies who have some kind of presence in india cover customs as well or some companies reimburse the customs levied if any. In worst case though, you may have to bear customs.

9 minutes ago, Shantz said:

Yeah, they should cover shipping themselves. For customs, they'd mark it as review/sample piece so most of the times there's no customs as long as it is not super expensive. Bigger companies who have some kind of presence in india cover customs as well or some companies reimburse the customs levied if any. In worst case though, you may have to bear customs.

Thanks mate! I asked the company on how they will handle shipping and yet to recieve a reply,oh btw the controller costs $110 so i don't think that's expensive,right?

https://www.eurogamer.net/microsofts-activision-blizzard-buyout-gives-first-insight-into-xbox-game-pass-revenue

According to that data, revenue generated through Xbox Game Pass was $2.9bn in the fiscal period ending January 2021.

RIP ? Back door entry theory ?

3 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/microsofts-activision-blizzard-buyout-gives-first-insight-into-xbox-game-pass-revenue

According to that data, revenue generated through Xbox Game Pass was $2.9bn in the fiscal period ending January 2021.

If backdoor is 2.9 Billion, then imagine front door B):naughty:

7 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

What about costs? Is it breaking even ?

Nobody knows ,but 2.9billion without any 1st party is astonishing. Next year will break some records for sure with the 1st and 3rd party line up.

Also I doubt they are thinking about profits at this point of time with all the investments being made. Its all about growing the subscribers.

Once Azure is in place, GP is going to be a sight to behold. Truly the Netflix of Gaming (Even Better, since Netflix itself has a lot of competition while GP will have nothing). Hope they are able to do proper severs for India, so we don't have Latency Issues.

Edited by roun90

On 10/4/2022 at 11:17 AM, Heaven Angel said:

Dude, have you confirmed checked it & the update unlocks to 60 fps on native PS4 version while running on PS5?

Got the confirmed on Reddit where the official Supermassive account rep said that the PS+ version is eligible for the upgrade too. However, there is currently an issue with it and they are looking into the upgrade path. 

Edit: Just checked on my console and got the upgrade for both games. :wOOtjumpy:

Edited by Ethan_Hunt
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2022 at 5:14 PM, hsk_colossus said:

Finally some figure to talk about and analyse . Although 2.9bn couldn't have come from subscription revenue alone . 

Max Annual revenue per user for Ultimate gamepass at 15$ a month is 180$.  

2.9bn or 2900mn/15mn = 193$ per user. 

(18 mn user is year end number for FY21 . So average 15mn user for the year might be better - although it might be even less but definitely not more . Also not everyone paid 15$ a month for it :P)

The above article also states it's not clear whether this revenue includes just revenue from subscriptions or include game sales and MTx from games on Gamepass.

Going by my calculation 2.9bn has to include game sales and MTx . 

56 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Finally some figure to talk about and analyse . Although 2.9bn couldn't have come from subscription revenue alone . 

Max Annual revenue per user for Ultimate gamepass at 15$ a month is 180$.  

2.9bn or 2900mn/15mn = 193$ per user. 

(18 mn user is year end number for FY21 . So average 15mn user for the year might be better - although it might be even less but definitely not more . Also not everyone paid 15$ a month for it :P)

The above article also states it's not clear whether this revenue includes just revenue from subscriptions or include game sales and MTx from games on Gamepass.

Going by my calculation 2.9bn has to include game sales and MTx . 

Here's the original image based on which the 2.9B$ was extracted:

88846_1_game-pass-made-2-9-billion-in-20

Multiple Game Sub Services, so it probably includes Live Gold Revenue too.

On the bright side this from console only, does not include PC revenue.

Edited by gecko89

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

Here's the original image based on which the 2.9B$ was extracted:

88846_1_game-pass-made-2-9-billion-in-20

Multiple Game Sub Services, so it probably includes Live Gold Revenue too.

On the bright side this from console only, does not include PC revenue.

Live gold revenue would be negligible at that point of time . Everyone would have upgraded their membership to UGP for a dollar . 

Edited by Krazyniks