The Xbox Series X|S thread

36 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Grounded 100%? 

:majesty:

Especially if you did it without sharing the save file. 

My second favourite game released this year after Elden Ring.

Yeah it's fantastic game. Got 100% only on the main game. Not in the DLCs and title updates. Did not use save sharing. Overall completion percentage as per the end game screen was only 88.

36 minutes ago, gopalsr83 said:

Yeah it's fantastic game. Got 100% only on the main game. Not in the DLCs and title updates. Did not use save sharing. Overall completion percentage as per the end game screen was only 88.

That's super cool. 

Was my first survival game. Beating it was similar to finishing my first Soulsborne game. Pretty long and kinda difficult journey.

Also you get horrible ending if you don't visit that seemingly impossible to get to place.

12 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

Do the extra features in Series S over the X justifies the price difference of 30k ? I have an Xbox Game Pass for 3 years and would like to switch to Xbox.

It's worth it. Both systems are good.

Look at it this way - You are buying a RTX 3070 instead of a 3050 so you can play at higher resolution. 

Both cards are worth it at their price points.

Just now, Vaibhavp said:

It's worth it. Both systems are good.

Look at it this way - You are buying a RTX 3070 instead of a 3050 so you can play at higher resolution. 

Both cards are worth it at their price points.

I understand. A lot of games like Death Stranding, Plague Tale have written "playable on PC". Why would Microsoft keep them PC exclusive in GamePass ?

16 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

Do the extra features in Series S over the X justifies the price difference of 30k ? I have an Xbox Game Pass for 3 years and would like to switch to Xbox.

Series X is the better one, series L is the inferior model. If you are buying a next gen  console and budget isnt a limiting factor, get a series x. 

1 minute ago, eddy4823 said:

I understand. A lot of games like Death Stranding, Plague Tale have written "playable on PC". Why would Microsoft keep them PC exclusive in GamePass ?

Both have slightly different library, depending on game availability and deal with publisher. 

Console has slightly better library from what I hear.

1 minute ago, playstationdude said:

Series X is the better one, series L is the inferior model. If you are buying a next gen  console and budget isnt a limiting factor, get a series x. 

Then we have Switch lovers like this. 

Who somehow think Series S graphics is not good enough :giggle:

4 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Looks completely opposite to me. The new AAA Games which I mentioned above are 2 examples. Hitman 3, All EA Play games are PC only. I guess I will stick to PC Game Pass for now.

7 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

Looks completely opposite to me. The new AAA Games which I mentioned above are 2 examples. Hitman 3, All EA Play games are PC only. I guess I will stick to PC Game Pass for now.

They are all available on consoles too. Hitman Trilogy is available. EA play entire catalogue is available too.

49 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Both have slightly different library, depending on game availability and deal with publisher. 

Yes, because switch isnt competing in the marketspace of "the most powerful console ever". Series S has nothing going for it except the cheaper price-: neither has the specs of series X nor the lineup of ps5/switch.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Yes, because switch isnt competing in the marketspace of "the most powerful console ever". Series S has nothing going for it except the cheaper price-: neither has the specs of series X nor the lineup of ps5/switch.

How does "where it's competing" matters when you are playing games?

You see output on screen, either it's acceptable or is it not.

Or is this some sort of coping mechanism, for sub par graphics on Switch.

I play ton on Series S and I have no issue in accepting graphics look very pretty.

20 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

How does "where it's competing" matters when you are playing games?

You see output on screen, either it's acceptable or is it not.

Or is this some sort of coping mechanism, for sub par graphics on Switch.

I play ton on Series S and I have no issue in accepting graphics look very pretty.

Constantly pimping series L, passing veiled snide remarks against Ps exclusives in threads, that is a coping mechanism actually, for poor choices made-_-

Edited by playstationdude
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Everyone and their dog knows Switch is graphically inferior but the market it caters to doesn't care. They buy Switch for its library and portability. On the other hand, Series S doesn't have anything going for it except it's cheaper. It directly goes against SX and PS5 with the same games available where as Switch has its own demographic with its own exclusives.

I own a Series S and I think its a very good console but I don't pretend its equivalent to SX or PS5. I would anyday prefer a SX but my use case doesn't demand it because I have a PS5. No matter however you dissect it, Series S lacks graphically mainly because of stupid Xbox S version of games running with backward compatibility.

Edited by b!T
  • Like 1