The Xbox Series X|S thread

On 1/10/2023 at 8:51 PM, TRMNTR said:

Probably because they're sh*t. Only buy the normal Eneloops. White ones.

I posted about this about an year ago. Xbox controller kills the pros

On 1/10/2023 at 3:19 PM, 0verlord said:

After 2 years, these eneloop pros now refuse to charge. Used it in my XSX controller 
MeKue72.jpg

I bought these recently and they are charging perfectly. So charger isn’t broken

ywVvhDA.jpg

This is the charger
RNkBhdo.jpg

5 minutes ago, Shantz said:

I posted about this about an year ago. Xbox controller kills the pros

Yo That’s why, my pro enloops blink red in the charger

18 minutes ago, Vamos said:

I never understood the hype with Eneloops tbh. 

The Play-charge kit is way more convenient. 

I’ve actually given up on replacing batteries now. Got those replacement battery kits + charging stand which is much more convenient.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/powera-dual-charging-station-for-xbox-series-x

Edited by Shantz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

The last tweet may be a good idea, I’ll do it for my new Duracells

I always charge them when low and never till disconnects

On 1/10/2023 at 3:19 PM, 0verlord said:

After 2 years, these eneloop pros now refuse to charge. Used it in my XSX controller 
MeKue72.jpg

I bought these recently and they are charging perfectly. So charger isn’t broken

ywVvhDA.jpg

This is the charger
RNkBhdo.jpg

Good I didn't buy the Eneloop Pros :fear:

I have the white ones, surprised with the battery life, lasts longer than normal Duracell AAs, non-rechargable wala.

21 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

This layoff has nothing to do with acquisition of Bethesda (especially it's date).  Almost every big tech company has laid off 10k or more employees recently as part of cost cutting in a looming recession in the west . 

Exactly, if anyone is using this to forward their Xbox Diss agenda, then that person does not really know tech in the first place.

On 1/16/2023 at 10:51 PM, TRMNTR said:

I always assumed it's because the Pro batteries are rated for 500 charges vs 2100 for the normal ones.

Usually Pros last a week or more when I am playing XSX. Mine died in 2 years. That’s about 100 charge cycles 

also, when I am playing my PS5, XSX takes a rest which means the Pros have been charged for max 50-80 cycles perhaps 

Which mean Pros died too soon ?

https://www.pcworld.com/article/1479735/microsoft-execs-partied-with-sting-hours-before-announcing-layoffs.html

The Wall Street Journal broke the news of the Tuesday night concert, which was reportedly an “intimate” gathering of 50 or so people. Gordon “Sting” Matthew Thomas Summer is one of the most recognizable rock musicians in the world, whose private appearances generally cost around $500,000 according to AAE Music. It’s not known if Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, who personally signed the blog post announcing the mass layoff, attended the concert, though he was present in Switzerland for the World Economic Forum.

On 1/19/2023 at 4:10 PM, Krazyniks said:

This layoff has nothing to do with acquisition of Bethesda (especially it's date).  Almost every big tech company has laid off 10k or more employees recently as part of cost cutting in a looming recession in the west . 

Bethesda has never had a mass layoff before, this is the first in publisher's history. People join and leave on their own but people weren't laid off wholesale.

12 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Bethesda has never had a mass layoff before, this is the first in publisher's history. People join and leave on their own but people weren't laid off wholesale.

Like it has been explained in Versus thread - this layoff has more to do with recession in the west and not with MS acquiring Bethesda or planning to acquire Activision.

Although yeah things can and should have been managed better ( goes for all big tech companies in general ) .