The Xbox Series X|S thread

11 hours ago, Takeda said:

If they serious about boosting Gamepass numbers they have to add all big games into service dayone.  CoD needs to go in Gamepass for service to grow. 

I imagine that CoD on Gamepass will give it and XSX sales a super boost 

20 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I imagine that CoD on Gamepass will give it and XSX sales a super boost 

That’s exactly what I said.

For that boost they need to announce it before hand with a massive marketing campaign to let every Tom Dick & Harry know that COD is Day1 on GamePass this year.

Specially to those who are still playing on PS4 & Havn’t upgraded yet.

But it’s as if they just don’t want ppl to know & have them buy at full $70.

Most probably drop it last minute without any marketing behind it to please both freebie bots & Corporate Investors.

The second biggest leaked rumour was that they are still unsure about COD Day1 on GP along with them 1st Party games going 3rd Party.

One has already turned out to be true.

Even I might just sell by copy of MW3 & buy an XboxSX for COD.

But I just don’t know what they’re planning!!

Edited by AnK

Ok so anyone have experience with cleaning the XSX , i do it from time to time with the PS5 but the XSX seems more difficult especially with the screws below the S/N sticker , suggestions ? it's been two years now so need to do it :fear1:

Fan is too loud now.

22 hours ago, scuderiaT1fos1 said:

Ok so anyone have experience with cleaning the XSX , i do it from time to time with the PS5 but the XSX seems more difficult especially with the screws below the S/N sticker , suggestions ? it's been two years now so need to do it :fear1:

Fan is too loud now.

Naa. Dont Clean it from inside on your own. Take it some expert.

Cover it when not getting used.

23 hours ago, scuderiaT1fos1 said:

Fan is too loud now.

Yes, Series X is more difficult. 

Prying the back plate open feels very delicate and removing the fan is a hassle. 
The screw can get stripped easily, despite using the right driver. 

Even after removing everything, the most crucial part (the heat sink) is where most of the dust is accumulated, but it’s impossible to get it out. 

11 hours ago, Takeda said:

Naa. Dont Clean it from inside on your own. Take it some expert.

Cover it when not getting used.

sh*t but the console is too loud. When i started RE2 console used to drop a too hot message and had to restart , it continued and only stopped when i switched off RT. I always cover both my PS5 and XSX when not in use however since the PS5 plates can be easily removed cleaning is a non issue.

But 2 yrs is alot of time and dust accumulation is very high :mellow:

10 hours ago, Vamos said:

Yes, Series X is more difficult. 

Prying the back plate open feels very delicate and removing the fan is a hassle. 
The screw can get stripped easily, despite using the right driver. 

Even after removing everything, the most crucial part (the heat sink) is where most of the dust is accumulated, but it’s impossible to get it out. 

:suicide:

Phil Spencer Interview

Multiplatform:

The global video game business is big but barely growing, Spencer noted to me. One measure, from industry research firm Newzoo, estimates that 2023 game industry revenues were up just 0.6% from 2022. 

"I don't think we're doing a good enough job finding new players," Spencer said. "Let's pick consoles as a good example: We found 200 million global households that will play console games. And that number really hasn't changed in the last five, six years."

"We've raised the price of games," he added, acknowledging the increasingly common $70 price point following nearly two decades of $60 games. "We went through COVID. We found ways of getting more money per player. I think at some point you reach a peak on that, and, frankly, it can go to some places that are manipulative that I'm not a big fan of."

The solution, he said, is to "find new customers, and you find new customers through new ways of delivering games to players who can't play those games today, whether that's device, whether that's access, whether that's price point of video games."

Cloud Growth:

Cloud adoption and expansion had been slow, but is finally picking up, Spencer said. Gaming via the cloud now accounts for a double-digit percentage of total hours of Xbox games played, he noted. "There was a time when we weren't deploying more [server] blades because we had more supply than we did demand for the server racks that we had in place," he said. "That's clearly not true today."

Xbox cloud gaming growth in the last six months, he said, has been "in markets that are never going to be console markets," and has been spreading across TVs, Chromebooks and Android tablets.

Physical Games:

Gaming consoles themselves have kind of become the last consumer electronic device that has a drive," he said. "And this is a real issue, just in terms of the number of manufacturers that are actually building drives and the cost associated with those. And when you think about cogs that we're going to go put in a console—and as you have fewer suppliers and fewer buyers—the cost of the drive does have an impact.

"But I will say our strategy does not hinge on people moving all-digital," he said. "And getting rid of physical, that's not a strategic thing for us."

COD:

Microsoft has yet to say when Call of Duty will be added to its Game Pass subscription service, but the flagship Activision Blizzard franchise is still coming, Phil Spencer tells me.

"Our intent is the full portfolio of games from ZeniMax, Activision Blizzard and XGS—Xbox Game Studios—will be on Game Pass, day one," he said.

Spencer said there is development work to be done to get Game Pass launches going for the Activision Blizzard games. "We're doing the back end work to make them come to PC and console simultaneously," he said.

Layoffs:

"I have a commitment to the company on the Xbox business being a profitable and growing part of Microsoft," he said. "And I need to put us in the best position for long-term growth. Most of that is about building great products that exceed their expectations and find millions of customers. But honestly, you know, the cost of building the products inclusive of the people who work on them—I need to make sure we have enough of the right people and the right number of people in the right places for us to succeed."

"I'd say it was a combination of us looking across the full portfolio of what was working, which we have to do, and running the business, as well as areas of alignment between Activision, ZeniMax and Xbox," Spencer said. He also noted that, since the acquisition of the ZeniMax family of studios three years ago, the organization added "about 15,000 people" to its business.

24 minutes ago, Snake said:

Spencer said there is development work to be done to get Game Pass launches going for the Activision Blizzard games.

What sort of “developmental work” ?!?

So far they were just putting it up for download as it is.

How is that “work” all of a sudden!!

It seems they have a lot of planning to do before they put COD on GamePass.

• 2 weeks later...

Xbox Partner Preview announced for this Wednesday, March 6th.

• 30 minute broadcast

• Over a dozen new trailers 

• Publishers like Capcom, EA, and Nexon and more

• Confirmed titles: Tales of Kenzera: Zau, Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess, and The First Berserker: Khazan.