The Xbox Series X|S thread

5 hours ago, KnackChap said:

- It runs faster on PS5 than XSX (~12%)

12% faster but the difference is actually of 1 second if you see the video. It doesn't mean anything.

Other factors will be taken care of as devs adopt the new hardware.

But I am happy that PS5 is so capable and not like the Pro (under-powered). PS5 can be the one console to rule them all practically speaking.

15 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Nice... but they should have priced it better in India 

Yup...should have been 25-28k, 35k is stupid pricing

I am seeing lot of aliasing in the Series S gameplay for this and Valhalla. I am wondering if its Youtube compression or that's just how Ubisoft games are.

@Big Boss  how's the aliasing during gameplay? Did you observe anything?

do 

3 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

I am seeing lot of aliasing in the Series S gameplay for this and Valhalla. I am wondering if its Youtube compression or that's just how Ubisoft games are.

@Big Boss  how's the aliasing during gameplay? Did you observe anything?

do 

It looks fine on my monitor. I had to turn off motion blur because it made game a bit too heavy. Also game looks way better at night than in day.

It might look bad if you play on large screens. I play on 27 inch monitor. Also the ray tracing looks bad in water bodies, but I saw Series X videos and the reflections in river are similarly bad.

I played One X version too but it looks kinda flat even though more crisp. And the load times are unbearable.

• Thanks 1

Any Shops retailers in Bangalore where I can pick it up. I mean does anyone know about probable day it comes to the retailers here.

I made one setting with one Hyd dealer who promised me on 20th Nov but still not sure.

15 hours ago, AnK said:

Well 

it is!!! running the game at native 4k@60fps 

so if it sacrificed somethings  that was there in native 4k@30fps is not really a biggie 

Considering XBoneX is just a 3 year old console which was also $499 

We can’t expect upgrades like we used to after 7 years of console generation in this specific case 

These are not really cutting edge tech that can take leaps within 2-3 years @ same price points 

Problem here is M$ always bites more than it can chew 

the emphasis on the Power of their console was so huge & particularly annoying to some extent when they had absolutely nothing!! to show or prove it 

emphasises on native 4k@60fps or even 120fps was so huge that all this was putting soap in your own mouth 

on top of that they have the SeriesS which is stupid move at best to describe in the long run for all multiplatform development 

& they kept touting it as everything SeriesX just in 1440p 

& the first AAA itself can’t hold the resolution/Framerate on that system,talk about coming 5 or 6 years 

It’s the lies that always makes me hate this brand

This is launch week with console software bugs being continuously addressed. ACV is on V1.0 and there will obviously be updates to the game code. It’s currently probably just drawing 60-80% of both consoles’s potential power. 

It would be foolish to pass any judgement just out of the gate.

I bet things will be more clear with Cyberpunk 2077 - a competent developer - likely that both consoles perform very similar with maybe 5% difference in perf

The only “practical” difference between XSX and PS5 is the controller and PS exclusives vs Game Pass. That’s it.

Edited by 0verlord