The Xbox Series X|S thread

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

If anyone is interested in diverting their preorder (arriving within this month) pm me:fear: Dec and beyond deliveey no point since I have mine ordered for Jan already.

are you talking about xbox series x or series s ? As I see in amazon, xbox series s is available to be delivered by Nov 17 

Edited by Ne0

considering there's no next-gen games for either series s or series x , and looks like even 2021 would be mostly cross-gen titles.... why would you want to pay extra 15-20k for series x ? I'm not trying to put down your choice, but just curious as to why are you interested in series x instead of series s ? Do you have lot of disc based games from prev gen ?

Edited by Ne0

1 hour ago, hsk_colossus said:

but will local shops get units as people are suggesting that shipments are stuck at port ? 

we should know this week what is the deal, If the lot releases then I think us who are waiting till Dec end might also get new stock.. 

anyone else here didn’t get who ordered in September ? @CarbonCore

2 hours ago, Ne0 said:

considering there's no next-gen games for either series s or series x , and looks like even 2021 would be mostly cross-gen titles.... why would you want to pay extra 15-20k for series x ? I'm not trying to put down your choice, but just curious as to why are you interested in series x instead of series s ? Do you have lot of disc based games from prev gen ?

1 hour ago, adity said:

Because Series X plays everything better? I mean, no one buys a console for 1-2 years. It'll probably last for the entire gen and you want it to play games for the entire gen. Why does anyone buy anything? Why a 4k set instead of a 1080p, why 3080 instead of a 2060 super? 

Bigger question is, why would I pay 35k to buy a console that will become obsolete in 2 years, also considering the fact that my ps4 pro probably performs as good as that console. Lol.

3 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Bigger question is, why would I pay 35k to buy a console that will become obsolete in 2 years, also considering the fact that my ps4 pro probably performs as good as that console. Lol.

Pretty much this. What you'd lose in a depreciated resale in a couple of years, you may as well put into a full-fat console that lasts longer right now imho.

Legion mostly runs at 1080p, dropping down to 900p in the open world. Not to mention slightly worse RT, etc.

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

we should know this week what is the deal, If the lot releases then I think us who are waiting till Dec end might also get new stock.. 

anyone else here didn’t get who ordered in September ? @CarbonCore

Mine is stuck in preparing for dispatch for over a week now :lol: Can't even cancel because of that shipping status.

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

1 hour ago, Keyofx said:

Pretty much this. What you'd lose in a depreciated resale in a couple of years, you may as well put into a full-fat console that lasts longer right now imho.

Legion mostly runs at 1080p, dropping down to 900p in the open world. Not to mention slightly worse RT, etc.

Then, doesn't it make sense to wait for another year before buying a new console, when you actually have games optimized for it ?

10 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Then, doesn't it make sense to wait for another year before buying a new console, when you actually have games optimized for it ?

There is no logic in buying anything.

A person has been looking forward to buying a next gen console, said person has gathered the means to buy to it so going for it. Why do you want to find out any logic or sense in that? :lol:

Edited by playstationdude

Just now, playstationdude said:

That statement make no sense whatsover?:mellow:

A person has been looking forward to buying a next gen console, said person has gathered the means to buy to it so going for it. Why do you want to find out any logic or sense in that? :lol:

But apart from an itch to spend money, I can't think of any good reason to get a 50k console as of now .... just asking around if someone can convince me otherwise I guess :P:D

2 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

But apart from an itch to spend money, I can't think of any good reason to get a 50k console as of now .... just asking around if someone can convince me otherwise I guess :P:D

Im curious why you need people to convince you to buy stuff?  :lol:

Edited by playstationdude

1 minute ago, playstationdude said:

Im curious why you need people to convince you to buy stuff?  :lol:

ok, this discussion is going in another tangent .... i'll close with this - when something costs like 50k (and a warranty of just 1 year), i think its better to take opinions / feedback from others, before making an impulse purchase :mellow: ? Its not just about affordability, but the purchase should also be provide VFM for me.