The Xbox Series X|S thread

2 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

ok, this discussion is going in another tangent .... i'll close with this - when something costs like 50k (and a warranty of just 1 year), i think its better to take opinions / feedback from others, before making an impulse purchase :mellow: ? Its not just about affordability, but the purchase should also be provide VFM for me.  

VFM is subjective, what may add value to me may be completely useless to you. To answer your question, i believe series x will let me run games at a better res/framerate, even without specific optimization. Whether I buy it now or 12 months down the line, price will remain almost the same (maybe a 2-3k difference with additional discounts who knows), so paying that extra 2-3k now for better performance is is vfm for me. 

21 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

ok, this discussion is going in another tangent .... i'll close with this - when something costs like 50k (and a warranty of just 1 year), i think its better to take opinions / feedback from others, before making an impulse purchase :mellow: ? Its not just about affordability, but the purchase should also be provide VFM for me.  

35000 Vs 50000 is not vfm considering:

500gb SSD space, 8TFs, 4Gb ram and 4K Blu-ray drive will cost much more than 15000.

I might still get the series S used late next year because I need a portable little console that looks cool, to play all the last gen xbox games I missed out on.

PS5 day one for me because I live souls borne.

Edited by kmkaks

I think based on all the above, xbox series x seems like a better long term investment - like if you want to buy only one console in next gen, series x is looking to be a better purchase (with the added adv of gamepass).  Assuming, you don't care about ps exclusives and assuming that Bethesda acquisition pays off and MS has better exclusives down the line.

But if one is thinking of getting a ps5 sometime as well, i think better go with xbox series s for now, and get a ps5 sometime in the mid of next gen, so that one can get better of both the worlds !

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

I think based on all the above, xbox series x seems like a better long term investment - like if you want to buy only one console in next gen, series x is looking to be a better purchase (with the added adv of gamepass).  Assuming, you don't care about ps exclusives and assuming that Bethesda acquisition pays off and MS has better exclusives down the line.

But if one is thinking of getting a ps5 sometime as well, i think better go with xbox series s for now, and get a ps5 sometime in the mid of next gen, so that one can get better of both the worlds !

This is what I believed when I got Series S (real reason was I missed all Series X pre-orders and I am damn impatient for next gen, and wanted that Quick resume and faster load times more than anything as it fits perfectly with my gaming habits nowadays, and compliments gamepass well)

I will buy PS5 whenever its available, and owning Series S has satisfied that itch of buying a next gen console ASAP. The Quick Resume and load times are fantastic features, makes juggling between multiple games a breeze, even though it has now started to develop ADHD in me lol.

Watch Dogs Legion for example was such a chore on One X, even if it ran at 4K. The fast travel was really slow, and initial load times were quite slow too (45 seconds vs 15-16 now). And there was constant screen tearing which made the game seem unplayable. Series S OTOH, doesn't have any screen tear and runs the game locked at 30 FPS, and fast travel is instant. Makes game way more fun. 

Edited by Big Boss
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

I am getting series x now and ps5 2-3 years later maybe...

I have never owned an Xbox so have plenty of games to play on it.. on the playstation side, have already played most of the games I want to play and there is nothing coming which interests me till HFW next year..

plus with Ģặmể prices increasing to 5k, game pass is too good to ignore.. 

Edited by hsk_colossus

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

Wow. So on assumptions you put 50k on the line :rofl:

But not on a console where you get guaranteed good games plus Dual Sense features plus ps plus . Nice logic :hi2:

So if anyone is contemplating a monitor upgrade for series x (for FPS games that are supporting 120fps), I’ve spent 2 days researching and here are the ones that are working. These are 1440p, 144hz monitors 

1. LG 27GL850 (freesync off only)

2.  Ben Q EX2870U

3. Acer V272U

4. Dell S2721DGF

• Like 1

Series S is a great alternative to building a budget gaming PC but its hard to justify the price when its only 5k cheaper than PS5 DE. Microsoft needs to understand the Indian market as they do not seem serious if they want market share. There was no better opportunity than at launch but I imagine many are holding back because the price is ridiculous. Once PS5 launches its game over for Xbox.

36 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

Series S is a great alternative to building a budget gaming PC but its hard to justify the price when its only 5k cheaper than PS5 DE. Microsoft needs to understand the Indian market as they do not seem serious if they want market share. There was no better opportunity than at launch but I imagine many are holding back because the price is ridiculous. Once PS5 launches its game over for Xbox.

Yup, they have done a amazing job of getting the console on time.They could have caputured the early adopters with a great price But the pricing is way way off.

1 hour ago, AnK said:

I think SeriesS was in some really bad space while figuring out how to price it in India 

$200 is exactly ₹15k which is the difference in both international & domestic market between S & X 

Series S yes but the Series X is better, i was thinking of getting the series x from US by a friend next year but was coming to $535 after tax in his state. Which is approx 40k catching 75rs to the $.

10k difference its is but that was reduced with the card offers in the diwali sale, so didn't want to harrow him for 7k diff in price plus would loose warranty.

Edited by speeddemon

1 minute ago, AnK said:

I really don’t understand why ppl are even contemplating buying SeriesS if they are not able to precure a SeriesX 

It’s just a matter of a month or two & it’ll be available on all retail readily 

It’s nothing like you’ll loose out on any killer app game 

buying it & booting old games just to see how they look or playing WD with just a Raytracing effect is hilarious 

soon 1080p TV’s will be as obsolete as 720p were during the launch of PS4/XBone 

4k will be the general standard 

I might buy SeriesX over a PS5 this time around myself if GamesPass becomes more lucrative (as it is getting by the day)

might buy PS5 once Sony has good number of exclusives available 

just waiting for initial few months to see how the generation is panning out 

so far buying SeriesX makes more sense as Sony exclusives will most likely also be on PS4pro (the ones that matters most) 

FOMO.