The Xbox Series X|S thread

9 hours ago, RV1709 said:

So if anyone is contemplating a monitor upgrade for series x (for FPS games that are supporting 120fps), I’ve spent 2 days researching and here are the ones that are working. These are 1440p, 144hz monitors 

1. LG 27GL850 (freesync off only)

2.  Ben Q EX2870U

3. Acer V272U

4. Dell S2721DGF

I'd swap the Dell and put it at the first position and where LG LG850 or Benq one for second positions(whichever seems best as per use case between better contrast and all)

• Like 1

[mention=22748]0verlord[/mention] hey how about quick impressions of ur xsx? How’s it runnin?

- When Xbox starts, the giant logo and orchestral startup tune feels awesome.

- UI is very snappy. MS store loads very fast, eg screenshots of games. Comparing it to PS4 Pro

- Controller is awesome. The springs in the triggers feel much more premium compared to DS4. D-pad and bumper buttons are clicky, that’s much better than DS4’s D-pad and R1 L1 buttons. I was pleasantly surprised by the impulse in the triggers but I suspect that it won’t be as detailed as PS5 trigger feedback. Still I feel that spring and pulling action in triggers would be more premium for XSX as compared to PS5.

On thing that bugs me is the logo light on XSX controller because it blasts you straight in your face. I play in a very dark room. DS4 light go straight ahead that’s much better. PS5 controller light also blasts straight in your face going by pics.

- Can’t tell you about fan noise because I use over-ear Bose NC headphones which block a lot of noise.

- I am playing RDR2. Runs fine. Haven’t used Quick Resume because I play one game at a time.

- With Instant On mode, XSX boots lightning quick. That’s pretty cool but you’ll miss the awesome startup animation.

- With only one RDR2, I am already down to around 650 GB.

- Game Pass and EA play library is overwhelming. I was amazed that all these games are fully free and playable without any compromise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

RDR2, COD are bloated games due to mp component. Even PS3 gen GTA V is 85 gb now due to mp bloat. Not all games will have budding mp which will be patched regularly to add new stuff. Though Sony really needs to add ability to back up current gen games to external HDD. 664 gb with no ability to back up current gen games is pathetic. Microsoft handled it way better.

2 hours ago, AnK said:

Yeah I feel developers & store fronts should give an option to put apart SP & MP content from now on 

in CoD’s case put apart warzone totally separate altogether 

This should solve a lot of storage problems 

AC Valhalla is Just 17gb on PS5 :rofl: 

Wait, WHAT? :rofl:

@Ne0, here's something that may help (at least from a performance perspective):

2 hours ago, AnK said:

Yeah I feel developers & store fronts should give an option to put apart SP & MP content from now on 

in CoD’s case put apart warzone totally separate altogether 

This should solve a lot of storage problems 

AC Valhalla is Just 17gb on PS5 :rofl: 

I am googling and getting 45-50 GB in top results. 

Edit:

Full Game Sizes:

Xbox Series X|S: 45 GB

Xbox One: 44 GB

Playstation 5: 45 GB

Playstation 4: 45 GB

PC: 45 GB

link

Edited by WhatsInTheName

2 hours ago, Keyofx said:

Wait, WHAT? :rofl:

@Ne0, here's something that may help (at least from a performance perspective):

That's quite misinformed video, made with 0 research. On par with Indian youtubers. He compared one s version of Doom eternal running on Series S vs One X on Series X, which is already clear to anyone as Microsoft clarified it long back. But he made it sound like developers deliberately made Series S version 1080p or lower resolution. Patches of old Xbox one games are expected to double the frame rate and even increase the resolution for both series s and x (1440p and 4k respectively) using the Heutchy method of backwards compatibility. It's already shown in action for Fallout 4 working at 60 fps on series s. No idea when the patches will be released.

And the way he handles consoles is pure cringe. Slapping around, and then listening to them by moving them when the game is already running. Horrible.

This is a much better video with only one misinformation mentioned that Series S doesn't have autohdr but it supports Autohdr same as Series X:

2 hours ago, Big Boss said:

That's quite misinformed video, made with 0 research. On par with Indian youtubers. He compared one s version of Doom eternal running on Series S vs One X on Series X, which is already clear to anyone as Microsoft clarified it long back. But he made it sound like developers deliberately made Series S version 1080p or lower resolution. Patches of old Xbox one games are expected to double the frame rate and even increase the resolution for both series s and x (1440p and 4k respectively) using the Heutchy method of backwards compatibility. It's already shown in action for Fallout 4 working at 60 fps on series s. No idea when the patches will be released.

And the way he handles consoles is pure cringe. Slapping around, and then listening to them by moving them when the game is already running. Horrible.

This is a much better video with only one misinformation mentioned that Series S doesn't have autohdr but it supports Autohdr same as Series X:

Fair enough. I think the systems just default to the closest compatible build at the moment. SS gets 1S builds, and SX gets 1X builds. Builds optimised for SS will perform better.

32 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

Fair enough. I think the systems just default to the closest compatible build at the moment. SS gets 1S builds, and SX gets 1X builds. Builds optimised for SS will perform better.

Yup in bc... xss plays one s version and xsx plays one x version..