The Xbox Series X|S thread

2 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

There is one matter though- the estimated delivery is 17th and I get back to Bangalore on 16th night. If Amazon gets proactive and tries to deliver early, I am screwed. :fear:

now is a good time to be nice to your neighbour bhabhi

21 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

There is one matter though- the estimated delivery is 17th and I get back to Bangalore on 16th night. If Amazon gets proactive and tries to deliver early, I am screwed. :fear:

If the stock is in Bangalore might get delivered tomorrow or day after max, keep your options ready or even address change for that matter

21 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

The package is being shipped out of Kolkata, 50 kms from where I am right now. You can't make this sh*t up :roflroll:

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

They should give you a phone call if they can't find you. You can always ask them to come tomorrow. The delivery guy calls me via mobile when they are unable to find my place. You will also get the phone no of the delivery guy once the XSX is in "Out for Delivery" Status. Or maybe you can schedule a pickup delivery (i.e. instead of having the XSX delivered to your home, they will deliver to a designated store and you can pick it up from there at a time convenient to you). 

Pickup Delivery Option Details in link below:

https://www.amazon.in/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202085060

Edited by roun90
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, roun90 said:

They should give you a phone call if they can't find you. You can always ask them to come tomorrow. The delivery guy calls me via mobile when they are unable to find my place. You will also get the phone no of the delivery guy once the XSX is in "Out for Delivery" Status. Or maybe you can schedule a pickup delivery (i.e. instead of having the XSX delivered to your home, they will deliver to a designated store and you can pick it up from there at a time convenient to you). 

And they will have to call because of the value of this product. For the OTP. 

18 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Thanks!! That helps.

My plan is to call them up when it reaches the nearest hub in Bangalore, and request to hold the delivery till 17th.

Even 16th is fine since I can ask apartment security to hold it for a few hours until I land. Only concern here is Amazon delivering the box without any packaging whatsoever, from what I have heard from folks here.

Will also look into the pickup delivery option now.

14 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

@quixote_1989

finally !!! Congrats 

:happydance:

40 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Thanks!! That helps.

My plan is to call them up when it reaches the nearest hub in Bangalore, and request to hold the delivery till 17th.

Even 16th is fine since I can ask apartment security to hold it for a few hours until I land. Only concern here is Amazon delivering the box without any packaging whatsoever, from what I have heard from folks here.

Bro considering the turbulent times you've been through I'd suggest don't ask them to hold. You never know who in the system f**ks up and your unit gets shipped to the next guy in queue. Just let them deliver when they want to and have your security hold it or a neighbour. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Thanks!! That helps.

1 minute ago, Jigsaw said:

Bro considering the turbulent times you've been through I'd suggest don't ask them to hold. You never know who in the system f**ks up and your unit gets shipped to the next guy in queue. Just let them deliver when they want to and have your security hold it or a neighbour. 

Managed to sort out an alternate delivery location in the same pin code. An old good friend who I have almost lost touch with after switching jobs, felt like an a**hole asking for that favor after months of no interaction :(

Just now, quixote_1989 said:

Managed to sort out an alternate delivery location in the same pin code. An old good friend who I have almost lost touch with after switching jobs, felt like an a**hole asking for that favor after months of no interaction :(

Cut off his thumbs lest he gets corrupted by the irresistible 12TF

3 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

+100 I ordered Panasonic eneloop, guy called me I couldn't pick up, sent it back.. I ordered it again now :wallbash:

1 minute ago, Assassins Creed said:

+100 I ordered Panasonic eneloop, guy called me I couldn't pick up, sent it back.. I ordered it again now :wallbash:

If only I had a penny for everyone that I convinced to go eneloop :wub:

black dress GIF

• Haha 3

On 1/9/2021 at 7:35 AM, quixote_1989 said:

I did create my Xbox profile in anticipation of the XSX. <sigh>

7 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

Nope :(

6 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

I was wondering why I didn't get a notification even though I had done "notify me".

Turns out I had notifications completely turned off for the app 

frustrated fuck my life GIF

6 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

Guys.... <sniff>

Screenshot-20210111-162328.png

All because of @Shantz

Oh man, f**king finally.:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

Thanks!! That helps.

Only concern here is Amazon delivering the box without any packaging whatsoever, from what I have heard from folks here.

I got mine with  an external shipping box so all of them didn't come without the shipping carton, so don''t worry about it.

Congrats on the SX :D

Edited by speeddemon
  • Thanks 1

I always thought Xbox and Samsung had a thing going on.

If that *was* the case, then I think Xbox just did a "friendship ended with Samsung, now LG is my best friend."

Edit: *LG OLED TV is the official partner of Xbox Series X in key markets across Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia-Pacific.

So, I guess, Samsung in the Americas, and LG elsewhere.

Edited by VelivolusDas