The Xbox Series X|S thread

Just now, adity said:

No lol. He plays everything on hard. I on the other hand is a wimpy motherf**ker. Everything on normal, and when the going gets tough drop to easy. 

I bought the Gears 1 remaster day 1 for nostalgia. You guys getting the same on GP or the old one? 

But yeah i want to play with him now :giggle:

36 minutes ago, myst said:

There are some listings on Facebook marketplace, they are bit old though, so might not be available.

Thanks, I will check it out.

21 minutes ago, adity said:

No lol. He plays everything on hard. I on the other hand is a wimpy motherf**ker. Everything on normal, and when the going gets tough drop to easy. 

That sounds exactly like me. I tell myself that if the going gets easy, which happens in RPGs, I will increase the difficulty. But the last game where I truly did this was God of War, and that too only for NG+.

30 minutes ago, adity said:

That's not wimpy, just common sense. Real life is hard enough, don't need my games to be frustrating also.

58 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

That's not wimpy, just common sense. Real life is hard enough, don't need my games to be frustrating also.

I play for fun and entertainment, not young enough to try prove how good I’m in games to myself. If I was that good I’d make a career out of it ? After 5 days of corporate ‘kabaddi’, I barely find enough time for 4-5 hours of gaming on weekends. Not gonna happen.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bippukt said:

Where would I find a grey XSX in Bangalore? Never been much of a shopper here, to be honest :blush:

You should get it for 55K man, check this first very good online seller, the price on the listing was 55 earlier, suddenly 58 now .. if not Olx you can find some Bangalore folks selling.. thesouq.in also had it but their website is down now

https://mcubegames.in/product/microsoft-xbox-series-x-1024-gb-black

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2021 at 8:37 AM, 0verlord said:

XSX owners on IVG (with Xbox Gamertags)

1) @Jigsaw - Chainzsaw

2) @adity - maninthebox1093

3) @0verlord - UrsineCanvas520

4) @l33tmaniac - l33tmaniac26

5) @Assassins Creed - CleriCJBeast

6) @Keyofx - Keyofx

7) @R a g h u - FlawlessRaghu

8) @HundredProofSam - HPSam

9) @Big Boss - ambarhitman

10) @triggr happy ss - TRIGGR HAPPY SS

11) @speeddemon -

12) @DarthVader - darthnaboo

13) @hsk_colossus - hskcolossus

14) @Shantz - JabarGabru

15) @quixote_1989 TBA - quixote1989

16) @makdi_manav - dasception

17) @WhatsInTheName - MonsieurPapi608

18) @Animus - WALL E

19) @Heaven Angel - HeavenAngel9016

20) @gopalsr83 - SKLg

21) @TouchyFever - TouchyFever

22) @vickysud01 - PlainDosa

XSS owners on IVG (with Xbox Gamertags)

1) @Aercy - Aercy

@everyone who owns or has ordered an XSX or XSS, please PM me along with your gamertags. I'll update this list. You can also download the two apps for Xbox and Gampass for Xbox management - they are great.

Please update my gamertag to ‘Aercy#6983’

• Like 1

15 hours ago, adity said:

Finished Gears 2 coop with @0verlord.

Absolutely amazing game. Barring a couple of bullshit sections, the game is f**king perfect and holds up even to this day. Heck I'd go ahead and say it's probably the best third person shooter campaign I've ever played. 

The improvement in overall quality from gears 1 to 2 is comparable to Uncharted 1 to 2.

The game is just non stop balls to the wall action with a lot of variety to break up the flow of combat. 

Also, the game's story and characters are deceptively good. Like you'd think this'd be some dudebro action schlock but the characters have pretty solid acting and the story is also really cool and keeps you guessing. Also, the story gets really f**king dark at times. 

Anyone with an xbox should definitely play this game and honestly, MS is f**king stupid to let this franchise go to the sidelines. 

I completely agree with every word. I was pleasantly surprised with the variety of fun gameplay activities sprinkled in-between to keep the pacing excellent. I also loved the art direction - the locust palace is masterfully crafted. Combat is very fluid and just perfect - towards the end I was feeling like a professional locust hitman :D I took the hardcore difficulty and in the beginning, I was doing way less damage, taking much longer to kill enemies and taking too much damage but then I shifted to sniping a lot - just pop-up for a split second, make a head shot and get back into cover to reload - that helped in killing enemies much faster and taking much less damage by staying in cover longer. Also, there are surprisingly well thought out co-op coordination gameplay sequences which led to some hilarious moments when we didn't get co-ordination just right :roflroll::rofl: 

@adity I am excited for Gears 3, 4 and 5 co-op! I hope we can play the full series as planned in December. Also, I think Gear 3 supports 4 player co-op for the full campaign - we can look into that as well. There a dedicated co-op gameplay mechanics that are quite fun.

In Gears of War 3 you can play with 2 players locally through split-screen or with 4 players online throughout the entire story, a first for the entire series. There are also a few achievements attainable by completing the game in co-op.

https://www.ign.com/wikis/gears-of-war-3/Co-Op

Edited by 0verlord

BTW, downloads on this thing are slowwww (which was sort of expected as I read in this thread, but still it hits bad when you see it happening in flesh :|). Never crosses above 200 and fluctuates a lot. Also doesn't download things simultaneously, only one by one (or am I missing something?). This situation seems to be pre-PS3 :|

Question: For gears, I need to download gears ultimate edition and then rest of the 2/3/4/5 separately, right? Nothing like the MCC here?

1 minute ago, Shantz said:

BTW, downloads on this thing are slowwww (which was sort of expected as I read in this thread, but still it hits bad when you see it happening in flesh :|). Never crosses above 200 and fluctuates a lot. Also doesn't download things simultaneously, only one by one (or am I missing something?). This situation seems to be pre-PS3 :|

Question: For gears, I need to download gears ultimate edition and then rest of the 2/3/4/5 separately, right? Nothing like the MCC here?

Correct, no multiple downloads..  Right on Gears too all separate ..

• Like 1