The Xbox Series X|S thread

15 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

He never said it for games ,if a games fits a genre that is needed of course xbox or even sony would money hat.

He said it for dlc like destiny had 2 strikes And 4 guns locked away. 

They just announced exclusive Tetris Effect multiplayer DLC for Xbox that's coming to other platforms later in 2021. I mean, come on :lol: 

4 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Go look for the article and prove me wrong 

Just now, CarbonCore said:

They just announced exclusive Tetris Effect multiplayer DLC for Xbox that's coming to other platforms later in 2021. I mean, come on :lol: 

le bhai ab soja

• Haha 1

On 7/18/2020 at 11:57 AM, WhiteWolf said:

It's obvious that MS don't expect to sell lot of Series X at launch and to make money Halo infinite needs to be on as many platforms possible. Its on PC as well. 

Also do u know 343 is making 2 separate versions of Halo infinite?  One entirely for Series X and one for Xbox one. Yes two separate games with 1200 people total working on it total. 

Ok

5 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

He never said it for games ,if a games fits a genre that is needed of course xbox or even sony would money hat.

He said it for dlc like destiny had 2 strikes And 4 guns locked away. 

Ok, so locking entire game is fine and ethical but locking pointless dlc is bad. Ok. Amazing spin and logic.

Edited by Sach4life

It's obvious that MS don't expect to sell lot of Series X at launch and to make money Halo infinite needs to be on as many platforms possible. Its on PC as well. 

Also do u know 343 is making 2 separate versions of Halo infinite?  One entirely for Series X and one for Xbox one. Yes two separate games with 1200 people total working on it total. 

Omg :roflroll:

If that was the Series X version, imagine how sh*t the Xbox one version looks.

• Haha 1

Hide this

May day may day
Abort the Mission

??

10 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

List of games shown

1. Halo Infinite - very dated with some low quality texture. Footage was nothing special overall. OST is still awesome though.
  2. State of Decay 3 - trash
  3. Forza Motorsport - not Horizon and footage was in-engine
  4. Everwild - pretentious art bullshite
  5. Tell Me Why - won't be better than LiS 1
  6. The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon - game was massive disappointment. not interested in DLC and won't be included in Game Pass.
  7. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - now with more frames. 120fps. Big whoop.
  8. Grounded - GamePass unfinished stuff
  9. Avowed - years away but likely release before TES VI
  10. As Dusk Falls - trash
  11. Tetris - yay...
  12. Psychonauts 2 - will play when it comes out...
  13. Destiny 2: Beyond Light - pre-ordered 
  14. Warhammer 40,000: Darktide - Fatshark dev. Basically Vermintide in 40K universe. Not a bad thing and has co-op.
  15. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - @ me when it comes out 
  16. The Gunk - 5 hours fun and never touching again
  17. The Medium - dual-Reality sounds good but nothing much shown yet
  18. Phantasy Star Online 2 - decade late dead MMO game
  19. CrossfireX - trash
  20. Fable - TES VI level reveal. Not coming for a very long time. 

Overall show - 4/10. 

Launch - 1/10.

At least everything will be on Game Pass (except DLCs) - 9/10 will get $1 deal again and play. 

Good summary. 

In hindsight the show was a lot worse than imagined. Even their E3 2013 Xbox one show had more surprises than this. Only a few new titles are most were announced and shown earlier. Let me elaborate. 

1. Halo infinite - announced and shown 2 years ago & the previous 2 E3 simultaneously. Still looks unfinished and unpolished with new graphical features coming post launch like some early access titles. Not expected from their flagship AAA IP. 

2. Forza - Will be four years since forza 7 at release. Missing the subtitle, might be another Gaas game. Looks good though. 

3. State of decay 3 - looked like poor man's days gone. Why are they still continuing with this crap other than telling the team to come up with a new ip. 

4. Everwild - Announced last year. Looks like another 4p pretentious BS like sea of thieves. Also looks super early and rare still doesn't know what the gameplay will be. 

5. Ori - old game now in 120 fps. Good for the 3 people with 4k with 120 fps refresh rate tv sets. Pretty sure there are more 120 fps mobile phones out there than TV's. 

6. Outer worlds dlc - can't believe they show this on the stream. 

7. Tell us why - also announced last year. And dotnod peaked with LiS. 

8. Avowed - CGI trailer and years away. They'll show trailer next year and gameplay the year after. 

9. Grounded - announced and shown last year. made for gamepass. Not worth more than 1$

10. The gunk - Junk. 

11. Tetris - multiplayer DLC of an old game as exclusive. :rofl::majesty:

12. Medium - looked good but they showed it back in June. Should have held it back for this show. 

13. Psychonauts 2 - announced at psx show years back. Still not out. 

14. Stalker 2 - announced in 2011. :sleep:

15. Warhammer darktide - budget halo ODST  if fps or budget gear judgement if tps.

16. PS0 2 - expansion pack of almost a decade old mmo. Must be a add on deal for yakuza 7 xsx exclusivity. 

17. Crossfire X - looked good with cod style set pieces but remedy hasn't delivered in a long long time. 

18. Hellblade 2 - watch our documentary on Iceland after the show.  :roflroll:

19. Fable - another CGI trailer. Might be a mmo. 

Revising my score to 2 on 10. 

1 minute ago, adity said:

what the *bleep*, SEGA. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. 

Its an exclusive next-gen patch. We don't do that anymore, except maybe sometimes, when no ones looking :lol: 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

They obviously showed the 1X version. Wait for Sept show for actual SX version.

I think It's the only game XSX is going to be bundled with at launch.

CoD is aligning with PS5 this time right?

Damage is done.

30 minutes ago, Right said:

I think It's the only game XSX is going to be bundled with at launch.

CoD is aligning with PS5 this time right?

Damage is done.

CoD has been with Sony this whole gen. But I dunno going forward, Sony seems more interested in Fortnite this time.

36 minutes ago, adity said:

f**k that, dude. Patch exclusivity is the worst kind of exclusivity. I wonder how many games will be held back like this. 

This is so horrible because it f**ks with a product I already own. Like I own this game and a system capable of running it but Dev be like no *beep* you. 

Its not really that taxing anyways. Its Yakuza, it'll run on a potato PC :lol: 

I think that is what they will offer now. Quality like gamepass level.

They wont make AAA games now maybe a forza or gears in between but they wont make a big budget game like tlou2. 

Sony wants to sell PS5,xbox is only interested in selling gamepass. They will rely heavily on 3rd party to sell their consoles. Dont think 3rd party will look drastically different on both consoles.

Still baffling how an iconic game like Halo can be shown so flat in such a big event :doh:

10 hours ago, adity said:

Gta San Andreas can probably run at 4k 60 on ps4 Pro. Doesn't really mean anything. If you completely f**k a games graphics and animations to run at 4k 60 what's the point? 

It's like a car which runs super fast but doesn't have a seat or AC or windows or a roof. Sure you got bragging rights, but beyond that you have an empty shell of a game. 

Wolfenstein 2 runs at 1080p 60 fps on base ps4 and looks absolutely gorgeous. I'm sure xbox series x is capable of achieving 4x the resolution with 10x power.

You are dropping bombs on all halo and xbox related threads :rofl:

10 hours ago, Big Boss said:

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/71663/crytek-engineer-playstation-5-is-better-than-the-xbox-series/index.html

This guy was right all along. The games aren't able to utilise the full power it seems.

Lol it's because they have Xbox One the OG weighing it down :lol:

It will take minimum 2022 to see powa of 12 TFLOPS, maybe Gears 6 will be proper 4K60 without compromising on graphics.

4 minutes ago, hope said:

I think that is what they will offer now. Quality like gamepass level.

They wont make AAA games now maybe a forza or gears in between but they wont make a big budget game like tlou2. 

Sony wants to sell PS5,xbox is only interested in selling gamepass. They will rely heavily on 3rd party to sell their consoles. Dont think 3rd party will look drastically different on both consoles.

Still baffling how an iconic game like Halo can be shown so flat in such a big event :doh:

Lol unironically Halo 4 was looking better than this.

Except the terrain, world whatever you call it, but then that was universally sh*t in all games of PS360 era, HW limitations i guess.

Long ago when i wanted PS3 sometimes i used to get tempted to get the 360 for gears 3 and Halo 4, both very good looking games for the time.

OT but wish i had the last gen consoles, atleast one of them, such games.