The Xbox Series X|S thread

5 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

I've noticed in these past few months that Xbox gets better deals and games from GP than on PC. 

But for mods, I'll use it on my PC, if they can run (no plans for an upgrade yet) .. those big boo.. fancy mods will be missed. 

Still too early for series x as all these games are playable in Xbox one consoles. Would suggest in saving for a good 4K or Oled TV before getting the series x later like mid gen. 

Still hate the fact they don’t make oled tv smaller than 55 inch as most Indian homes have small rooms unlike in west. Guess the manufacturers wants to maximize the profit margins and even more in CoVid times due to high demand caused by WFH. 

11 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

I've noticed in these past few months that Xbox gets better deals and games from GP than on PC. 

But for mods, I'll use it on my PC, if they can run (no plans for an upgrade yet) .. those big boo.. fancy mods will be missed. 

Yeah GP is treated like a 3rd class citizen on PC. But since Bethesda is first party they should come to GP day one on PC. That plus regional pricing if you decide to buy.

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Yeah GP is treated like a 3rd class citizen on PC. But since Bethesda is first party they should come to GP day one on PC. That plus regional pricing if you decide to buy.

PC Gamepass doesn't even have EA play yet. was supposed to launch in December 2019.

Edited by Snake

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Phil Spencer Comments on Bethesda Games Releasing Exclusively On Xbox and PC

I think after reading that if ppl still believe games like Elder Scrolls,Fall Out & Doom will not be released  on Playstation,they are real fools 

those games were bread & butter for Bethesda & they already have a large community as mentioned above on PS 

the newer games like Indian Jones or Starfield (if it already hasn’t been developed for PS using lot of money & resources of the production budget) may be exclusive 

It’s pretty clear from his comments above what one can expect on the PS & Xbox side of things from this deal 

I personally am not a big fan of Bethesda games as the last game I spent more than 15 hours on was Skyrim (Have Doom reboot in my backlog) 

Dishonoured was a crazy a*s good series that I know I missed (might pick it up in future) 

But expecting the existing IP’s specifically the ones that have big scope of new instalments to not release on PS is foolish 

The studios & their new IP’s are the real asset for now for Xbox brand 

Don’t expect them to show up on PS going forth 

That argument may not hold true. Why would a fully owned MS studio actually launch on competing platforms knowing it would eat into their overall platform sales? That's like expecting Rare Replay to have released on Nintendo platform cos that's where majority of the fanbase played it.

The whole reason MS acquired Bethesda was to build an exclusive line-up. They might as well had an exclusive deal for new IPs with Bethesda instead of buying them outright if they plan on releasing heavy-hitters on both platforms. 

While I won't discount the eventual launch of the games on Playstation, it's very unlikely that MS would launch on PS day 1 going forward at least. They'd probably adopt a model similar to what Sony's doing these days with their IPs by launching them on Xbox after a couple of years if at all. 

Edited by l33tmaniac

13 minutes ago, adity said:

He just means games which are already there will keep getting supported. I doubt any new game will be released on ps. Not that it matters. Maybe for single console peasants. 

From console peasants to single console peasants :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Phil Spencer Comments on Bethesda Games Releasing Exclusively On Xbox and PC

I think after reading that if ppl still believe games like Elder Scrolls,Fall Out & Doom will not be released  on Playstation,they are real fools 

those games were bread & butter for Bethesda & they already have a large community as mentioned above on PS 

the newer games like Indian Jones or Starfield (if it already hasn’t been developed for PS using lot of money & resources of the production budget) may be exclusive 

It’s pretty clear from his comments above what one can expect on the PS & Xbox side of things from this deal 

I personally am not a big fan of Bethesda games as the last game I spent more than 15 hours on was Skyrim (Have Doom reboot in my backlog) 

Dishonoured was a crazy a*s good series that I know I missed (might pick it up in future) 

But expecting the existing IP’s specifically the ones that have big scope of new instalments to not release on PS is foolish 

The studios & their new IP’s are the real asset for now for Xbox brand 

Don’t expect them to show up on PS going forth 

You clearly have no idea how a subscription model works . You need original content to have an impact ,just like mandalorian and wanda vision is exclusive to disney .

At most we might see the 1st few games from bethesda as multi-platform since they were in development from before the acquisition. Even this is not a guarantee ,but I definitely dont see MS wasting resources on developing for PS.

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

^^anyone would read it as I read it 

If what you are saying is what he meant then it’s not really hard to utter the lines “All future Bethesda releases will be console exclusives” ,is it?!?

Games like Elder Scrolls online & FO 76 are ongoing service games & will never be categorised as “fresh releases” 

Everyone & their moms know what the question regarding “ Future releases” & “Exclusivity” is 

& No one wants to know future of Games already out 

This is an old video :ko: ,watch the round table discussion from yesterday 

Is there anyway to fix the download speeds on Series X ?  Even with a amazon basics cat6 ethernet cable today, don't see a big improvement in speeds. Forza Horizon 3 downloading at 60 Mbps.

Earlier on 5Ghz wifi , Titles like Forza Horizon 4 and Motorsport 7 I got over 100Mbps speeds, yet some titles like Project Cars 2 and Midnight Club Los Angeles were downloading at 30Mbps or below. Plus it forces you to download only 1 thing at a time, instead of multiple downloads like PS.This aspect of Xbox is quite pathetic.

Edited by Joy
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, AnK said:

^^anyone would read it as I read it 

If what you are saying is what he meant then it’s not really hard to utter the lines “All future Bethesda releases will be console exclusives” ,is it?!?

Games like Elder Scrolls online & FO 76 are ongoing service games & will never be categorised as “fresh releases” 

Everyone & their moms know what the question regarding “ Future releases” & “Exclusivity” is 

& No one wants to know future of Games already out 

He's clearly mentioned that certain titles that already have been announced/have platform tie-up/deals will continue as is. Because it an obligation that Bethesda signed prior to acquisition. He obviously didn't mention what all titles, but did call out that the future is in exclusivity. 

12 minutes ago, Joy said:

Is there anyway to fix the download speeds on Series X ?  Even with a amazon basics cat6 ethernet cable today, don't see a big improvement in speeds. Forza Horizon 3 downloading at 60 Mbps.

Earlier on 5Ghz wifi , Titles like Forza Horizon 4 and Motorsport 7 I got over 100Mbps speeds, yet some titles like Project Cars 2 and Midnight Club Los Angeles were downloading at 30Mbps or below. Plus it forces you to download only 1 thing at a time, instead of multiple downloads like PS.This aspect of Xbox is quite pathetic.

We all are suffering from this low download speed. Nothing you do will matter.