The Xbox Series X|S thread

6 hours ago, AnK said:

This is a very contradictory statement 

If you are going to stick with a 1080p screen for next two years atleast 

the Series S is the best option for you 

If upgrading to a 4k screen within next 6-12 months then PS5/SX would be the better option 

If you play just GTA mostly then you should know that next gen version of GTA online will be Free to play on PS5 exclusively 

I am happy with 1080p for next 2 years.

Gta Gamepass pe bhi aaraha hai. 

Thanks

Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto V, and the ever-evolving, shared world of GTA Online are getting expanded and enhanced for PlayStation 5 in 2021. Download the standalone version of GTA Online to keep for FREE*, exclusively for PS5 players for the

first 3 months from the game's launch in 2021.

So, I had one interesting Thursday. I keep my console in vertical position. My kid, while playing near it yesterday, gave it a nice push sending it hurtling to the floor. It fell from a height of 1.5 feet landing on the floor edge first. Of course, hearts were brought to the mouth, stomachs were churned and heads were spun. I immediately turned it on and checked it.

Bloody thing took the beating like a champ and walked away with scars to show for it. Still works whisper quiet and the chassis is still as intact as it was on day one. I must say, after having gone through the trauma of RROD back in the day, I did not expect this level of build quality. Well MS, color me impressed.

PXL-20210409-024316241-2.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

So, I had one interesting Thursday. I keep my console in vertical position. My kid, while playing near it yesterday, gave it a nice push sending it hurtling to the floor. It fell from a height of 1.5 feet landing on the floor edge first. Of course, hearts were brought to the mouth, stomachs were churned and heads were spun. I immediately turned it on and checked it.

Bloody thing took the beating like a champ and walked away with scars to show for it. Still works whisper quiet and the chassis is still as intact as it was on day one. I must say, after having gone through the trauma of RROD back in the day, I did not expect this level of build quality. Well MS, color me impressed.

For a 1.5 feet fall, that damage to the body plastic seems fairly high.

But as long as the internals held up and were kept safe, its all good!

50 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Oof. This makes me feel so uneasy. 

it was gut wrenching. but its a nice drop test. :P

13 minutes ago, Ram Dante said:

lol, dude, its a 4.5 kilo box full of electronics that fell "edge first". this is literally nothing. I have had 200 grams phone that start to creak after falling from similar heights.   

2 hours ago, WhatsInTheName said:

A tank. I keep it in horizontal position.

On the other hand, PS5 vertical may be stable, less so I believe than XSX vertical but PS5 horizontal is a recipe for disaster - it’s so wobbly 

Edited by 0verlord

6 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

A tank. I keep it in horizontal position.

On the other hand, PS5 vertical is may be stable, less so I believe than XSX vertical but PS5 horizontal is a recipe for disaster - it’s so wobbly 

I am thinking of some other fool-proof solutions, like putting a vertical barrier on both the sides of the TV table, as ugly as they may look. Need to somehow balance ventilation and security.

12 hours ago, Divu Mehta said:

Yes, you are right.

But (24k from US) mein gaming is very affordable. I enjoyed the choppy bf1 experience on PS4. socha thoda adjust karke it still would be fun. Paisa bacha ke 2 year baad ps5 bhi add karluga.  Ab Dil pe pathar rakh ke wait karna hoga PS5.

For 2-3 games save up for the PS5 and get it in a couple of month. Till then there'll be a lot more next gen. releases too.

1 hour ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Damn. I'm going to go move my box closer to the floor after reading this. 

58 minutes ago, Ram Dante said:

The Series X has a surprising amount of weight to it, the insides are quite densely packed. 

1 hour ago, WhatsInTheName said:

That took some beating and stood up like baus!

10 points to MS. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnK said:

PSN has been giving Free cash to PS4 players every month leading up to PS5 launch 

Bro trust me that free cash is sh*t. Everything is so expensive that psn cash wont help you much. I had 60m in bank and now i have 250k. I had to sell my cars and apartments to generate cash to start new heists and other businesses. Rockstar pushing shark cards hard by making sh*t expensive. 

I stopped playing GTA online for this very reason. 

2 hours ago, 0verlord said:

no, saw the wobble in an unboxing video

It doesn't wobble unless you want to make it wobble. I have 3 cats who lounge around on the entertainment unit because its warmer there with all the electronics. On occasion they sit or walk over the PS5 and I've never seen it wobble. The base is not very secure though, and is not maid proof, while dusting she moves things around and the PS5 always slips off the base. I've asked her to not dust the entertainment unit and I do it myself now.

Also 3D printed feet for the XSX which are quite stable and give an elevation of about an inch. It will keep the base scratch free and I run my soundbar's cable under it to make a cleaner setup

Edited by psinide

4 hours ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Ooff.

Whether it took the fall like a boss or not, this is how my kid would become an orphan.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

You would kill yourself and your wife if your kid dropped xbox? 

sh*t, thought orphan also applied to kids abandoned by their parents :/ 

Edit: I was right, it does apply.

joe jonas relief GIF

Edited by gecko89
  • Haha 1