The Xbox Series X|S thread

On 4/25/2021 at 3:04 AM, hussain said:

Ok Ive been trying to wrap my head around this

The xbox one x has more ram, more TFLOPS, better graphics, 4k support, apart from the SSD it is better in almost every way. So is it fair to say it is a better console than the series S? I know it won't have features like quick resume etc (because Microsoft probably wants to keep that exclusive to new gen and also no SSD) but apart from that, isn't it just better? and won't it have support for all games (In 1080p) for as long as this gen lasts (because its better than the series S performance wise)

1TF of X1X is much less efficient (or poewrful) than 1TF of XSS due architecture differences

So, 6tf x1x is not comparable to 4tf xss

Saving money or getting something for cheap is not just an Indian mentality, but a human one. Half of my non Indian friends are on GP because they found it economical. Stop promoting it as a bad thing to choose a cheaper way to engage in an expensive hobby. For every AAA game where there is a revenue loss because of GP, 10 other AA games will be played by gamers who wouldn't otherwise. If subscribing to GP is cheap and a bad way to approach gaming then we shouldn't be on Netflix, Prime, Hotstar, Hulu, Spotify, Gaana etc. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AnK said:

You weren’t part of the whole discussion which was far longer

I was not contributing to the core of the discussion. I just read your post where you mentioned "typical Indian mentality" to want free games when on GP and my post was in response to that because Indians are not the only ones who want cheap games. 

Now boasting about the numbers and whether GP is godsend or not is something yet to be seen. I have GP and I don't use it as much as I want.But whether it is sustainable or not is something I rather not comment on right now.

48 minutes ago, b!T said:

For every AAA game where there is a revenue loss because of GP, 10 other AA games will be played by gamers who wouldn't otherwise.

This, things like GP or Netflix is the way to increase market share of gamers.. Subscription is the future of gaming as well.. Devs will get money from big giants and they still make money via subs get more people into the equation..

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

This, things like GP or Netflix is the way to increase market share of gamers.. Subscription is the future of gaming as well.. Devs will get money from big giants and they still make money via subs get more people into the equation..

Exactly. If Netflix can make billions with a subscription service, so can MS provided they can throw out a first party game every few months but I think with the recent acquisitions, they are all set to do just that.

Now one thing I agree with Ank is that, I am not sure whether MS can hold gamers interest till those FP titles hit GP maybe in 2022/23?

3 hours ago, b!T said:

Saving money or getting something for cheap is not just an Indian mentality, but a human one. Half of my non Indian friends are on GP because they found it economical. Stop promoting it as a bad thing to choose a cheaper way to engage in an expensive hobby. For every AAA game where there is a revenue loss because of GP, 10 other AA games will be played by gamers who wouldn't otherwise. If subscribing to GP is cheap and a bad way to approach gaming then we shouldn't be on Netflix, Prime, Hotstar, Hulu, Spotify, Gaana etc. 

The kind of shows and movies current Netflix puts out, I'm never spending money on it outside of wholesale subscription. Music sub is like radio where you pay to not have ads. And the quality of music has also nosedived since streaming became the norm.

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

The kind of shows and movies current Netflix puts out, I'm never spending money on it outside of wholesale subscription. Music sub is like radio where you pay to not have ads. And the quality of music has also nosedived since streaming became the norm.

Yeah, Netflix quality has dipped a lot recently. I have no complaints about music because it's dirt cheap unlike Netflix.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Hmmm, yeah. Last show I was excited for was Umbrella Academy and that quite a while back. But tbf, one of my favourite shows - Bojack Horseman was produced by Netflix. 

Heard good things abt Bojack. Yet to start though.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

If you do watch it, please stick around till the end of first season. The tone of the show changes a lot midway and stays like that till the last season. Don't judge it based on the first few episodes. 

I really love the show. It has made me laugh out aloud and cry too at times. 

Will do. Thanks for the heads up.

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

I am just going to wait for sony to have a day 1 service similar to GP and how you change your tune.