The Xbox Series X|S thread

1 minute ago, AnK said:

He didn’t have any & suddenly he got many 

Starfield aside (which was long in development) 

Games like Indiana Jones are watermarked from inception to be exclusive & take on Uncharted 

It would be interesting fight just like the good ol console wars 

Atleast till everything moves to service based model 

He took a complete 360 in one year.

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

Games like Indiana Jones are watermarked from inception to be exclusive & take on Uncharted 

It would be interesting fight just like the good ol console wars 

Now this is too early to say. MS would definitely want this as an exclusive. But both Disney and Paramount Pictures are behind the Indy IP, so it can also go the MLB route.

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

It’s as if he himself didn’t know what was coming 

All the more reason to believe that M$ is investing in cloud gaming & not Xbox 

And gamepass. I think that's the only brand that's bringing in a lot of money to their gaming division. I don't think they have sold enough consoles in q1 2021 (as they would have liked). Gp is the only profitable vertical at the moment I think. 

Edited by radicaldude

1 minute ago, AnK said:

GamesPass is!! their entry into the cloud gaming 

Since cloud gaming isn’t fully ready yet they are using GamesPass on console & PC as a tool to gather as much attention as possible before the clouds be ready 

They are practically not repeating the mistake Google did with stadia 

expecting ppl to invest in something over night is foolish 

GamesPass is a very smart move towards gathering as many subscribers as possible before things go completely hardware free 

they might be loosing money right now but if things work out M$ will be positioned where Sony is today when things finally move from Harware to Cloud 

That’s why $10b investment on acquiring studios made sense 

But the key here is 

mad long as games are on GamesPass 

It won’t hurt their larger picture if ppl are buying them on Xbox,PC or even Nintendo & PS 

If that's their ultimate plan, then why make Starfield and ES exclusive? 

2 hours ago, AnK said:

If it’s not even coming out this year then it’s not really as far into development as I was made to believe by constant 2021 hype 

In which case it’s more likely to be Xbox exclusive than not 

But yeah makes Xbox pretty dry this year 

A multi billion $$$ company will consult this guy before “developing” games on a console that barely makes a dent in their overall earnings. 
:rofl:

22 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Well xbox offers multiple access points for their games . There is steam ,xcloud as well devices that support gamepass . Obviously he didnt mean that the next gears,halo or forza will release on PS ,they are running a business afterall . I am sure if gamepass is allowed on switch or PS then they will happily let you play their 1st party games on those devices. 

i don’t understand the double standards when it comes to sony and xbox exclusives. You guys cheer sony gets a timed exclusive from 3rd parties like sega ,square etc and then xbox is not even allowed to have exclusive from their newly acquired 1st party studios like ninja theory ,bethesda and all . I mean like WTF ,this mindset is hilarious ?

I also understand that the de facto exclusives like yakuza ,kingdom hearts etc going multiplatform along with these xbox acquisitions in the last few years will put a dent in the 3rd party catalogue for sony but they can always counter with acquisitions of their own .

53 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Well xbox offers multiple access points for their games . There is steam ,xcloud as well devices that support gamepass . Obviously he didnt mean that the next gears,halo or forza will release on PS ,they are running a business afterall . I am sure if gamepass is allowed on switch or PS then they will happily let you play their 1st party games on those devices. 

i don’t understand the double standards when it comes to sony and xbox exclusives. You guys cheer sony gets a timed exclusive from 3rd parties like sega ,square etc and then xbox is not even allowed to have exclusive from their newly acquired 1st party studios like ninja theory ,bethesda and all . I mean like WTF ,this mindset is hilarious ?

I also understand that the de facto exclusives like yakuza ,kingdom hearts etc going multiplatform along with these xbox acquisitions in the last few years will put a dent in the 3rd party catalogue for sony but they can always counter with acquisitions of their own .

Look, exclusives are always good for the industry as a whole. It propels the industry forward. Makes developers think and innovate this acquiring fans. Im elated that MS might actually get some exclusives now to keep the competition fresh and thus keeping sony and Nintendo on their toes. In the end the gamer would benefit. 

However taking 180 flips after publically making certain statements is not cool. Just my theory, but if xcloud is the ultimate aim of MS, then it has to bank on exclusives to make it successful. Else it'll be another stadia clone. I don't think stadia has any exclusives and I guess that's why it almost bombed. I don't see it's revival anytime soon. If Spencer wants Gamepass to be the Netflix of games, he needs some exclusives for sure (just like Netflix has exclusive shows). Why did he make such vile comments in the first place, I wonder. 

10 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Look, exclusives are always good for the industry as a whole. It propels the industry forward. Makes developers think and innovate this acquiring fans. Im elated that MS might actually get some exclusives now to keep the competition fresh and thus keeping sony and Nintendo on their toes. In the end the gamer would benefit. 

However taking 180 flips after publically making certain statements is not cool. Just my theory, but if xcloud is the ultimate aim of MS, then it has to bank on exclusives to make it successful. Else it'll be another stadia clone. I don't think stadia has any exclusives and I guess that's why it almost bombed. I don't see it's revival anytime soon. If Spencer wants Gamepass to be the Netflix of games, he needs some exclusives for sure (just like Netflix has exclusive shows). Why did he make such vile comments in the first place, I wonder. 

Have you even read the article? its clearly about crossgen games where actually sony did a 360 after saying all games will be only on ps5.:rofl:

the Xbox chief opened up about his views on the company’s release strategy going forward, where it will eschew system exclusives and instead launch first-party games across current-gen, next-gen and PC platforms at the same time.

9 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

where it will eschew system exclusives and instead launch first-party games across current-gen, next-gen and PC platforms at the same time.

First get me a seamless cyberpunk 2077 experience on one s, before claiming that games like halo infinite and Starfield would get me decent frames on the console and I won't have to upgrade. 

Edited by radicaldude

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

First get me a seamless cyberpunk 2077 experience on one s first, before claiming that games like halo infinite and Starfield would get me decent frames on the console and I won't have to upgrade. 

cyberpunk doesn’t even have a seamless Experiance on ps5/XSX

that game is something else 

Edited by hsk_colossus
  • Haha 1