The Xbox Series X|S thread

Dude Series X is the better hardware ,no matter how much mumbo jumbo cerny keeps speaking.
Problem is MS does not know how to utililise the hardware.
Games, they need fresh AAA Holy sh*t games. Halo & Gears are overdone and I say this as a gears fan. Forza Horizon is good but very mtx heavy. State of Decay & Sea of thieves is garbage. Hellblade is cool but does not even touch god of war. Fable seems good but not Holy sh*t. Avowed seems like the only game that can match Sony level of games.

They seriously need new IPs. So damn bad.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

KC got some special news feed system, where he immediately gets notified when there's negative article about Xbox :lol:. He only posts all negative sh*t about Xbox. Not just now but since 360 days lol. He is one dedicated Xbox hater.  :hi2:

Come to think of it, I haven’t actually read any negative news about Sony/PS in a long while.

The last IIRC was Agent’s unofficial cancellation but that was kinda bummer than a bad news. I was so looking forward to it.

There is a potential bad news regarding the pricing but seeing that Sony is preparing for 120m units in 5 years, I guess they might still hit 399$ 

1 minute ago, Right said:

Come to think of it, I haven’t actually read any negative news about Sony/PS in a long while.

The last IIRC was Agent’s unofficial cancellation but that was kinda bummer than a bad news. I was so looking forward to it.

There is a potential bad news regarding the pricing but seeing that Sony is preparing for 120m units in 5 years, I guess they might still hit 399$ 

They've been really wishy-washy about backward compatibility so far. Hope they clear that up.

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

:rofl::console:

Here. Enjoy. 

:kisstogether:

He'll show up soon to announce half life alyx in PSVR2

2 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

They've been really wishy-washy about backward compatibility so far. Hope they clear that up.

Really doesn’t matter much.

I mean BC is great to have, especially for recently released games. Like you got your Fifa & CoD for PS4 and a month later you cannot play that disk on your shiney new PS5.

But companies also think that if you hold onto your old games you can hold on to your consoles. Of course, there trade-in deals and all for that and it kinda skewed.

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Dude Series X is the better hardware ,no matter how much mumbo jumbo cerny keeps speaking.

They don't want to, it's as if suddenly some "decision maker" suit had a brainwave to make all games episodic and mtx, gamepass lootbox oriented, and told all the game dev studios to change sh*t accordingly :rofl:

I can literally imagine a suit going all sweaty like Ballmer and doing GAMEPASS GAMEPASS GAMEPASS while clapping and jumping :rofl:

KEJ1bey.gif

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

MS is like those Chinese phones that promise megapixels but have poor optimisation 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Right said:

There used to be some made up stuff like PS5 overheating, the boost clock is not sustainable, production issues, missing hardware features etc. The narrative only flipped in last few weeks. The SX still has power advantage, it hasn't gone anywhere. But its hilarious how the power and TF talk disappeared after last Thursday :lol: 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

There used to be some made up stuff like PS5 overheating, the boost clock is not sustainable, production issues, missing hardware features etc. The narrative only flipped in last few weeks. The SX still has power advantage, it hasn't gone anywhere. But its hilarious how the power and TF talk disappeared after last Thursday :lol: 

Ironic they spent so much time and money designing and manufacturing the xdabba with it's custom motherboards, custom powersupply, custom box, extra $$$$ to Lisa Su for custom Sony BTFOing AMD SoC, 1TB custom SSD with new and fancy API to be used on windows also.

And they just piss it all away screaming GAMEPASS GAMEPASS GAMEPASS.

What a chu company, they will probably axe Philly S when he has his own Mattrick moment one of these months for this colossal Xflop

Quote this jhumla boys, put it in your sigs, by 2025-2026 MS will be out of the game console business B)

5 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Ironic they spent so much time and money designing and manufacturing the xdabba with it's custom motherboards, custom powersupply, custom box, extra $$$$ to Lisa Su for custom Sony BTFOing AMD SoC, 1TB custom SSD with new and fancy API to be used on windows also.

And they just piss it all away screaming GAMEPASS GAMEPASS GAMEPASS.

What a chu company, they will probably axe Philly S when he has his own Mattrick moment one of these months for this colossal Xflop

Quote this jhumla boys, put it in your sigs, by 2025-2026 MS will be out of the game console business B)

The dabba is designed by Surface team (just like 1X), not Spencer's Xbox team. If it was up to Xbox's hardware division you'd get another under-powered VCR with massive external power brick.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Right said:

They got mind share and doing everything right so far.  PS5 is under powered system but they got talented studios who can create stunning games on that under powered system. MS got lot to prove in that department with Series X.

5 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

They got mind share and doing everything right so far.  PS5 is under powered system but they got talented studios who can create stunning games on that under powered system. MS got lot to prove in that department with Series X.

yeah having resources and being resourceful are 2 different things. 

BvS mai kaise kutte ki tara maara tha supes ko Batman ne. Ghuma ghuma ke. 

ProjectRochelle_XStore_HeroSlotAsset_192

There’s never been a better time to play Playground Games’ Forza Horizon 4. Now optimized for the Xbox Series X, players will experience higher fidelity graphics and faster performance as they explore beautiful, historic Britain and drive hundreds of the world’s greatest cars in native 4K Ultra HD at 60fps. Get behind the wheel faster than ever with Quick Resume and dramatically improved load times. With Smart Delivery, the Xbox Series X update is a free download for all Forza Horizon 4 owners and Xbox Game Pass subscribers

Forza Horizon 4 will run at 4K60fps with dramatically improved draw distance, shadow quality, particle effects etc., similar to Ultra setting on PC, on Xbox Series X according to Forza Monthly.

Open world setting at native 4k60 Ultra PC settings :majesty: Fable will look bonkers when its out..  I can totally see PG's Fable creating new graphics benchmark for open world games on consoles

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

ProjectRochelle_XStore_HeroSlotAsset_192

Open world setting at native 4k60 Ultra PC settings :majesty: Fable will look bonkers when its out..  I can totally see PG's Fable creating new graphics benchmark for open world games on consoles

Given the GPU is on par with RTX2080 this is possible for older builds. But  i doubt microsoft will chase 4k resolution in the future. They will definitely going to utilize directML and super sampling like feature for higher resolution. One frame will be 4kother 1440p. DLSS and supersampling checkerboarding is future.