The Xbox Series X|S thread

15 minutes ago, dante77 said:

lel

Want to play on my TV instead of monitor. I prefer KB+Mouse for usually everything but it has its limitations. Like almost all wireless keyboards have noticeable lag unlike controller. Not sure why PC industry never focused on that, or maybe there are some super expensive keyboards which are lag free but don't spend that much.  

Games like NiOh are best played with Controller and they are already in my library, just want to maximize my experience by playing it on 55 inch tv instead.

buy eneloops…. Best decision ever ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aercy said:

Sold my Xbox Series S couple of months back, thought I will buy Series X but thankfully due to non-availability of stock, I had time to give this a proper thought.

I have GamePass Ultimate till Dec 2022 which I can use on my quite capable PC, hence no more Xbox for me. Gaming has gotten more  expensive and game-time has reduced as well, I guess growing old does that. The PS5 and PC will have to do. Not sure if I will be able to do the GamePass trick without physical console when it runs out at the end of 2022, so that'll have to stop too.

Really loved Series S for what it offered for the price and it was a big change upgrading from original Xbox One.

Game pass pc is meh compared to Xbox, so many titles missing from list but if you only care about MS 1st party offering in future then PC gamepass will do.

I have experienced both Game pass versions and Xbox game pass version is more thoughtout plus PC game pass games seems more resource hog than Steam version. 

I bought Control from Steam and uninstalled Game pass crap version. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

I know PC library for GamePass is a watered down version, but I honestly don’t like any of the Xbox Exclusives. I always owned Xbox cuz it gave me better game deals than PS; Xbox One days had EA Access which PS got much later, so that and the game deals, and Series S for GPU which had lot of options plus EA+ added to it.

I cumulatively get 4-6 hours of gaming time weekly. So PS5 and PC will be more than enough.

Thanks for letting me know that I can try the GPU trick on PC. Still 15 months away so let’s see.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 2:43 PM, dante77 said:

Want to play on my TV instead of monitor. I prefer KB+Mouse for usually everything but it has its limitations. Like almost all wireless keyboards have noticeable lag unlike controller. Not sure why PC industry never focused on that, or maybe there are some super expensive keyboards which are lag free but don't spend that much.  

Games like NiOh are best played with Controller and they are already in my library, just want to maximize my experience by playing it on 55 inch tv instead.

I used to do the same when gaming on PC. However, for Xbox one controller, I always went with the wired solution. 3rd party bluetooth pairing was shite on the PC and I was not going to put down more dough for that stupid MS wireless receiver. Hope you have already tested the Series X's wireless capabilities and if it works well, then Eneloop is the way to go. Else, I'd stick with wired and just get a regular full length USB cable to avoid any lags/disconnection. Also, I believe the controller needs to be connected via USB if you need to make any profile changes/firmware update via Xbox App (customer button mapping etc.). 

2 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

I used to do the same when gaming on PC. However, for Xbox one controller, I always went with the wired solution. 3rd party bluetooth pairing was shite on the PC and I was not going to put down more dough for that stupid MS wireless receiver. Hope you have already tested the Series X's wireless capabilities and if it works well, then Eneloop is the way to go. Else, I'd stick with wired and just get a regular full length USB cable to avoid any lags/disconnection. Also, I believe the controller needs to be connected via USB if you need to make any profile changes/firmware update via Xbox App (customer button mapping etc.). 

The xbox controller works fine with a 500 bucks TP link adapter I got off Amazon. I had to use a usb extension cable and ensure that it was on the TV table. As long as the dongle is on my line of sight, it works fine.

Plugging it to the side/top/front of your PC cabinet will definitely lead to issues if you keep your desktop tucked in somwehere.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Sadly those xbox deals dont come to PC GamePass.

Best PC deals are on Steam and GoG n other clients. 

Yes, I know. But spending 50k on a console to get 40-60% discount on 3-4 games per year does not even do ROI breakeven for me, espeically as I'm on multiple platforms. 

47 minutes ago, Aercy said:

Yes, I know. But spending 50k on a console to get 40-60% discount on 3-4 games per year does not even do ROI breakeven for me, espeically as I'm on multiple platforms. 

You are going to get harassed for saying that in this thread 

Use PSvsXB thread 

9 minutes ago, AnK said:
58 minutes ago, Aercy said:

Use PSvsXB thread 

Nah, he’s just making a very valid point weighed against his own use case. And not being a needlessly annoying twat.
No reason for anybody to ‘harass’ him.

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Nah, he’s just making a very valid point weighed against his own use case. And not being a needlessly annoying twat.
No reason for anybody to ‘harass’ him.

Is twat the poster principal of tweets?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Use PSvsXB thread 

What harassment?  Not telling him to buy Xbox. I myself  dont own Series X, so why would i tell him to get one lol. He got PC and PS5 and that combo will get him every game. 

Im basically telling him don't expect PC Game pass to be same as Xbox when it comes to availability of games and deals/discount. Steam way to go for multiplatform game pass games on PC based on my experience. 

Game pass superior on Xbox and PC version is serviceable overall. I have experienced it on both, so i know what im talking about. 

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 1

I just want to save his time & mood before discussion continues & he repeats that ROI point again 

Some jack*** is going to show up sooner or later & make him fall into deeper discussions 

Better to warn him upfront 

50 minutes ago, AnK said:

I just want to save his time & mood before discussion continues & he repeats that ROI point again 

Some jack*** is going to show up sooner or later & make him fall into deeper discussions 

Better to warn him upfront 

I understand. I have nothing against Xbox to be clear and I believe XGP has made significant impact in the market where a lot of PS fans have considered Xbox. How financially viable it is, that’s a different debate that I don’t want to get into. But either way my experience with XSS was superior than with XBOne OG.

It checks out, if you have a PC & a PS5 then it doesn't really make sense to own an xbox, unless it's specifically for the convenience. The MS first party games will come to PC anyway.

Was in the same boat last year, if I had even one use case scenario where I would have needed a pc for beyond just gaming then I would have gone with it rather than the Series X.

Edited by El Tigre Chino

6 hours ago, El Tigre Chino said:

It checks out, if you have a PC & a PS5 then it doesn't really make sense to own an xbox, unless it's specifically for the convenience. The MS first party games will come to PC anyway.

Was in the same boat last year, if I had even one use case scenario where I would have needed a pc for beyond just gaming then I would have gone with it rather than the Series X.

Until the GPU prices stabilize, PC is out of the realm of possibility for most people. Even worse than the current shortages for consoles. I can still sell my 2 year old graphics card for the price that I bought if for if not more right now. 

1 minute ago, l33tmaniac said:

Until the GPU prices stabilize, PC is out of the realm of possibility for most people. Even worse than the current shortages for consoles. I can still sell my 2 year old graphics card for the price that I bought if for if not more right now. 

Yes true. A decent GPU that will last 4 years will cost atleast 70-80k if not more. Add to that the cost of additional setup lile cpu mobo etc and we are looking at close to 1L +. 

Just now, playstationdude said:

Yes true. A decent GPU that will last 4 years will cost atleast 70-80k if not more. Add to that the cost of additional setup lile cpu mobo etc and we are looking at close to 1L +. 

Totally. Both XSX and PS5 make more sense now than they ever did in the past. You are looking at a Ryzen 3600 + RTX 2060/2070 combination if you want to match the console specs and these two alone will easily set you back by 70-80k.