The Xbox Series X|S thread

53 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

What’s up with xbox? They cant keep E3 press conference from leaking in advance and yet kept megatons like bethesda and Activision acquisition a secret :roflroll:

Those are most likely planned leaks. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

All these new developers yet 2022 is still “barren” for Xbox exclusives. (At this point) 

Yep MS actually have too much now. What are they going to do with all these only time will tell. 

• Haha 1

I guess this is old news but still it is a news.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/1/5/22868704/ubisoft-plus-xbox-launch-rainbow-six-extraction-xbox-game-pass

If all Ubisawft and Activision titles come to GPU, it will be kickass and Sony may have to launch something as a counter attack. The only exclusives they have now are Ghost of Tsushima and Spiderman. Exclusives like God of war 4 and Uncharted have made their way to PC already.

1 hour ago, Swunkjyn said:

I guess this is old news but still it is a news.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/1/5/22868704/ubisoft-plus-xbox-launch-rainbow-six-extraction-xbox-game-pass

If all Ubisawft and Activision titles come to GPU, it will be kickass and Sony may have to launch something as a counter attack. The only exclusives they have now are Ghost of Tsushima and Spiderman. Exclusives like God of war 4 and Uncharted have made their way to PC already.

Its already gameover for other services , i doubt they can compete . Its better to join hands and add your games to the service or let the service be on your platform.

Losing out on COD, diablo ,overwatch  is a major revenue loss to sony .

Ms is removing major 3rd party games .

Edited by triggr happy ss

1 hour ago, triggr happy ss said:

Its already gameover for other services , i doubt they can compete . Its better to join hands and add your games to the service or let the service be on your platform.

Losing out on COD, diablo ,overwatch  is a major revenue loss to sony .

Ms is removing major 3rd party games .

Bro, you talk like it is not revenue loss for Activision/Xbox if they remove those games. I bet majority of the revenue COD is getting is also from PS.  It is not as easy as turning COD exclusive then wait for the millions of PS players to just buy the xbox for the same.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Bro, you talk like it is not revenue loss for Activision/Xbox if they remove those games. I bet majority of the revenue COD is getting is also from PS.  It is not as easy as turning COD exclusive then wait for the millions of PS players to just buy the xbox for the same.  

Yes, don't think they would make these well established franchises exclusives. The annualized cash cows will continue to be multi-plat, but will be day-1 GPU titles imo.

1 hour ago, Pacifier said:

Do you think it matters to them ? they just made the most unimaginable 70 billion acquisitions,i am sure they can take a loss another 500-1 billion by keeping the games off sony and then recouping that sum through new subscribers.

Growing subscribers is the end game not making 70% from game sales on a rival platform or service.

And hopefully sony will bend the knee and allow GP on playstation. 

P.S  as much as you want to make it sound like its sony vs xbox its not ,Xbox is more worried about netflix ,amazon ,apple etc who can anyday pick up a few publishers and start their own rival service cutting into the subscribers.

Edited by triggr happy ss

59 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Do you think it matters to them ? they just made the most unimaginable 70 billion acquisitions,i am sure they can take a loss another 500-1 billion by keeping the games off sony and then recouping that sum through new subscribers.

Growing subscribers is the end game not making 70% from game sales on a rival platform or service.

They can only grow subscribers by 1 - adding more Xbox console sales , or 2 - increase mobile/tablet subscribers through xcloud.   (or 3 - increase in pc audience due to game pass ???)

I see that with the new acquisition, they are betting on 2 more.  And it will take some time for it to become mainstream. 

As you only said, it isn't about sticking it to Sony but they are looking to take on other giants.

Hence, they will take any source of income they can grab their hands on. In fact, they wouldn't have paid 70billion upfront with "hopes" or generating new revenue sources by taking further loss. They would have paid looking at the revenue "already" being generated by ACTV, which includes cross platform sales.

1 hour ago, triggr happy ss said:

And hopefully sony will bend the knee and allow GP on playstation. 

P.S  as much as you want to make it sound like its sony vs xbox its not ,Xbox is more worried about netflix ,amazon ,apple etc who can anyday pick up a few publishers and start their own rival service cutting into the subscribers.

People are saying that another massive announcement is coming this week

it could be that PS is announcing their Gamepass competitor

but what if Gamepass itself is coming to PS!?