The Xbox Series X|S thread

3 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

AMD version of DLSS

Not exactly DLSS. DLSS uses machine learning, but AMD doesn't have tensor cores to facilitate this. 

Not sure what AMD is using under the hoods, but it will have to use real-time data to achieve this whereas DLSS relies on a pre-trained model. 

Doe, who joined the company in 2017 as a senior administrative assistant in the IT department, claims she was regularly pressured to drink alcohol and participate in lewd games. She also says female employees were regularly subjected to sexual comments and groping by male colleagues during alcohol-fuelled 'cube crawls' around the office.

Doe alleges that complaints about excessive drinking and sexual advances made by her supervisors were explained away as "leadership being nice and trying to be friends with her".
She also claims to have been told not to air her concerns due to the reputational damage it could have on the company.

9 hours ago, Snake said:

Doe, who joined the company in 2017 as a senior administrative assistant in the IT department, claims she was regularly pressured to drink alcohol and participate in lewd games. She also says female employees were regularly subjected to sexual comments and groping by male colleagues during alcohol-fuelled 'cube crawls' around the office.

Doe alleges that complaints about excessive drinking and sexual advances made by her supervisors were explained away as "leadership being nice and trying to be friends with her".
She also claims to have been told not to air her concerns due to the reputational damage it could have on the company.

Similar harassment complaint as previous claims. 

Quite strange that she remains to work at another division with lower pay despite the humiliation and harassment. 

1 hour ago, Mysteryman said:

Similar harassment complaint as previous claims. 

Quite strange that she remains to work at another division with lower pay despite the humiliation and harassment. 

I would imagine it's not easy getting another job. I don't think many employers (i.e. interviewers, HR and supervisors, not firms as a whole) take kindly to having a record of filing a case against the old work place. She does need to earn and run her own house at the end of the day.

She might also be hopeful that the work-place might be better once the new management takes over (MS). She might be there to help other employees, who are going through or went through a similar experience. All of this, is discounting what she would have discussed with her lawyer. It's very much possible that the lawyer told her to stay at the existing work-place. for better chance at the case.

2 hours ago, TRMNTR said:

The Halo games and the show have different cannons. I'm going to watch it today. Keeping expectations low considering the previews.

Yeah, I quite liked it. Pretty standard for any Sci-Fi series, though. Nothing groundbreaking. But pretty good for a first episode. Also, the violence shown... :surprise:

Don't know much about the Halo universe but it was still easy to understand.

Also, I noticed one of the announcements in the UNSC facility that went like, "Commander Shepherd, you are requested to be at the Skillian lab" or something like that. Reference to Mass Effect? Or I'm just looking too much into it?

And I'm not sure why they couldn't have gone for any other streaming partner in India. The bitrate on Voot is just too low and looks pathetic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

And I'm not sure why they couldn't have gone for any other streaming partner in India. The bitrate on Voot is just too low and looks pathetic.

The Voot app is so shitty as well. Actually, most streaming platforms in India have such bad apps. :fever:

13 hours ago, Snake said:

damn. what century are these companies operating in? Such toxic work culture. 

3 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Yeah, I quite liked it. Pretty standard for any Sci-Fi series, though. Nothing groundbreaking. But pretty good for a first episode. Also, the violence shown... :surprise:

You liked it?? I couldn't get through the prologue thingy before the starting creds. Might give it another chance.

6 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Sony liv is shitty as well

Hotstar is the only decent one but I guess that doesn't count now that it's Disney. Wierdly, MX Player is at least on par or better than most. :lol:

13 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Don't know much about the Halo universe but it was still easy to understand.

Also, I noticed one of the announcements in the UNSC facility that went like, "Commander Shepherd, you are requested to be at the Skillian lab" or something like that. Reference to Mass Effect? Or I'm just looking too much into it?

You weren't kidding about the bitrate. Finally watched the first episode and I quite liked it as well.