The Xbox Series X|S thread

16 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

People who have played Fallen Order on XSX post-patch, which is the best mode for this game? 1440p@60 or 4k@30?

60 fps all the way

• Like 1

Undead Labs doubled in size, but lost its charismatic founder. It's working on the ambitious sequel State of Decay 3, but after several years is still trapped in pre-production. And recently it's faced allegations of mismanagement, burnout, and misogyny as it's struggled to live up to its promise of being the welcoming, diverse, and inclusive Xbox first-party studio it touts itself as.

:rofl::rofl:

Another one bites the dust.

Spencer :majesty:

https://kotaku.com/state-of-decay-3-xbox-series-x-s-sexism-microsoft-undea-1848728682

Very lengthy article . .

One former developer recalled men asking women to take notes during meetings, ignoring their expertise, and even making sexist remarks like, “You don’t look as pretty as normal today,” and “I’m surprised a girl like you has this job.” “We had to have meeting etiquette rolled out because men kept talking over women so badly in all the meetings and belittling them,” said another former developer.

Current and former developers also blamed Holt for pushing out two director-level women at the studio by not giving them the support needed to succeed and hiring men over top of them in the hierarchy to absorb their roles. “It was really a pattern where women were uprooted and men were protected and helped,” said one current developer. “[Studio leadership] didn’t want to upset anyone unless it was a woman.”

“There was a guy on the SOD3 team who was being blatantly sexist, and Anne didn’t do anything about him,” alleged one former developer. There was a manager of the Tech Art team who was awful that Anne sided with, and lo, nearly the entire tech art team quit.”

“The weirdness with the demos boiled down to Philip putting pressure on the team, not Xbox,” said one former developer. “Philip was pushing us because he was obsessed with proving himself as a leader inside Xbox Game Studios. He was using this as leverage to further his own career and image, at the cost of the developers.”

In mid-February, Holt held an all-hands meeting telling staff a negative story about gender discrimination could be coming, and to not discuss it on social media.

I really like the optimism of Xbox fans till this day. :rofl: 

No wonder Phill (& Satya) were in a hurry to buy whatever they can in open market. 

Almost none of their studios that they built,worked with & then acquired or outright acquired are in a good productive shape. 

Bethesda & Activision would potentially be self operational & sustainable but you know…..you kinda never know. 

I’m more hopeful for Bathesda than anything else right now. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 10:21 AM, WhiteWolf said:

Give this man big budget, so that he can create RE style masterpiece again 

Even with a big budget, he no longer wants to direct/develop games anymore which he reiterate multiple times. He will give that budget to someone one/mentee. 

13 hours ago, gecko89 said:

https://www.psu.com/news/more-allegations-of-a-sexist-work-environment-at-playstation-surface-as-eight-more-women-come-forward/

It exist everywhere. So stop it. 

@Assassins Creed

This type of discussion should take place in PS v Xbox thread not SX or PS5 thread.

Edited by WhiteWolf

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf said:

Stop what? Stop posting about stuff that happened? So no, I will not stop.

And why bring PS stuff here? Post it in PS thread.

Edited by gecko89

Just now, gecko89 said:

Stop what?

Stop posting it here. If you want to post it then post it in ps vs Xbox. 

And why you all ps fanboys never post about all sexist sh*t happens in PS. 

There are plenty of articles of crunch, harassment, sexism nd all happening in PS for years but ofcourse loyal blind fanboys like you ignore all that but attack other companies.

4 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

You don't care about women who suffering sexism or harassment. You posting it coz you ps loyalist who search internet for all the negative sh*t you could find against Xbox like your fellow ps brethrens to help your narrative lol.

4 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

You don't care about women who suffering sexism or harassment. You posting it coz you ps loyalist who search internet for all the negative sh*t you could find against Xbox like your fellow ps brethrens to help your narrative lol.

15 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Stop posting it here. If you want to post it then post it in ps vs Xbox. 

And why you all ps fanboys never post about all sexist sh*t happens in PS. 

There are plenty of articles of crunch, harassment, sexism nd all happening in PS for years but ofcourse loyal blind fanboys like you ignore all that but attack other companies.

Jeez man, so defensive of your precious corporation that you can't handle one post about stuff that actually happened? Instead of agreeing, your first thought is 'But it happens in PS too :('.

And stop getting PS here, this isn't the place, besides sexual harassment news was posted by someone when that happened.

And I did post in PVX thread, but deleted that and posted here after @hsk_colossus thought it wasn't the right thread. So ask your friend.

Edited by gecko89
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

There's no need to search, its freaking everywhere. Besides, instead of arguing if you had read the article you'd know some feel things have gotten better since the start of this year.

But nooo, your first response is 'But it happens in PS too, blame Sony too!!'.

I can't take post from gecko, ank and radical on this issue seriously as these 3 don't care about actual issues happening. They just use to start console war nothing else sorry lol.

If anyone else would have posted then i can understand but not these 3 fanboys lol

Plus post it in ps v Xbox thread plz

Edited by WhiteWolf

Meltdown 

I think it should be directed towards Phill. 

The horrors from within Xbox Games Studios are just not coming to an end even after a decade & 100 billion of expenditures. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

69+7.5 = 100 billion? 

Kinnect

+
They bought/built a lot of studios starting 2018 apart from Bethesda+ActiBlizard

I also counted for the endless investments they have made in bringing games to GamesPass. 

It’s been a pretty rough decade for games business at M$.