The Xbox Series X|S thread

41 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Also, check if any games are on quick resume in Groups -> Quick Resume. 

If there are 2 or more games in QR, download speeds will throttle terribly. 

It's a toss, bro. I have like 6 games in QR and sometimes I get full speed, sometimes if get nothing more than 50 mbps. 

9 hours ago, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

Even i had this problem with xbox series s on Airtel fibernet. 
Connecting with  ethernet cable(cat6 for above 100 mbps) solves this problem.

I already had a CAT6 connected to it. I think it's not even our ISP at times and it's just Microsoft's serves being shite. It's the same on their Xbox PC app too. Every other store manages to max out my download speed, except this one.

6 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Haha. Same issue with my net too. Can't seem to get over 300 Mbps on ethernet on a gigabit connection. And that is when everything seems fine. 

Couple of things helped:

Suspend/close any background app/game

Got a slight boost when changing power mode from standby to energy saving. 

Guess many new Xbox consoles would be sold on Christmas, and servers are getting hammered. 

It was quite late, so decided to just queue up all my games, put it on standby mode and went to sleep. Pretty much everything was done by morning. I think it was around 200GB worth of data or probably a bit more. Just going to follow the same process now.

I also noticed that it runs quite warm or at least the top vent was sending out a lot of hot air. I'm guessing this is normal and not a cause for concern. I never actively monitored my one X and quite frankly, never had to as it just was never an issue. 

One thing I really like that Microsoft allowed us to use the Xbox one controller with every game. I really feel this is something Sony should have allowed us to do as well. I don't really like the Dualsense controller and DS4 feels natural in my hand, but eh, it's ok for now.  

26 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

I also noticed that it runs quite warm or at least the top vent was sending out a lot of hot air. I'm guessing this is normal and not a cause for concern. I never actively monitored my one X and quite frankly, never had to as it just was never an issue. 

Yep, that's normal. Don't worry about it. The thing is built like a tank.

• Like 1

Facing this issue. 

Standby is on (energy saving off), storage sleep option unticked. 

But I've tried like 20 games so far through both xbox and gamepass app - just gets stuck on "Waiting for console". Doesn't get downloaded unless I switch on the console and download manually. 

12 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Facing this issue. 

But I've tried like 20 games so far through both xbox and gamepass app - just gets stuck on "Waiting for console". Doesn't get downloaded unless I switch on the console and download manually. 

Welcome to the 90's UI. I still cant download anything from app , so stoped bothering with it.

16 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Facing this issue. 

Doesn't work App download if its on standby mode unfortunately..

If console is on and if you do download to console, it must start the download.. You can pre load any game like this even if you don't own it.. 

8 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Welcome to the 90's UI. I still cant download anything from app , so stoped bothering with it.

3 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Doesn't work App download if its on standby mode unfortunately..

If console is on and if you do download to console, it must start the download.. You can pre load any game like this even if you don't own it.. 

So I've noticed that remote downloads work from Xbox app, but not from GP app. 

Well, it's Microsoft. Something outta be broken. 

18 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

So I've noticed that remote downloads work from Xbox app, but not from GP app. 

Well, it's Microsoft. Something outta be broken. 

Gamepass App is pretty useless.. Just use the Xbox app.. when you know a certain game is dropping on GP just download that from Xbox App.. If its an old game it can be launched once the GP date crosses.. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Facing this issue. 

You may need to turn on remote management on the console setting.

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Already on. Xbox app installs work. GP app doesn't. 

Just queue the GP games from the Xbox app only.

The Xbox app lets you download games that you don't own too, good for pre-loading big games which are coming to gamepass a day or two prior.

19 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Facing this issue. 

I have the same issue on 1X for a long time now. Gave up on gamepass app.

27 minutes ago, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

Speaking with their Customer service now.
BTW xbox guide button is not working unless i press it hard. never had this problem with my white series s controller.
is it normal with series x controller?

No it's not.