The Xbox Series X|S thread

6 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Yup, true. 

They are very big in the UK. 

In India they seem to attract parents who want to buy their kids a console. Everytime I visit a CeX store, I see kids with parents. 

They provide a safe buying experience, with minimal risk. 

Yeah i have also seen kids with parents there. Safe buying experience with warranty and guaranteed buyback/ exchange should indeed attract parents who visit there . 

On 11/3/2022 at 7:05 PM, CarbonCore said:

I'm going there tomorrow to sell my SX for 40k, and now I can show this news and haggle for a better price :D

Did you go there ?

They increased their prices for PS5 for both Disc and digital according to new MRP and are offering more amount in return. 

But left prices for XSX unchanged :P

56 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Did you go there ?

They increased their prices for PS5 for both Disc and digital according to new MRP and are offering more amount in return. 

But left prices for XSX unchanged :P

He came to my house and picked it up. Didn't budge from 40k though, said "sir humare pass bahut sare SX pade hue hai" :rofl: 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Yeah I can see this totally working :roflroll:

Dev to MSHey I know you guys promised every single one of your customers that Series S will support all games that come to Series X, but we want you to break your promise. Lie to all your customers and create a PR and Image disaster for yourselves that will be worse than the RRoD disaster. All because we can't develop a game that will not work on what is a scaled down PC and we want the minimum requirements to be higher (As per PC standards)

Frankly, MS should have thought of this before. Series S should have been a Digital Only Series X. But what's done is done. Devs also can't complain. Either they have to be competent to make a good game for both platforms or avoid Xbox and lose all the money from that platform.

Anyways, nowadays there really is no reason to complain I think. If God of War Ragnarok can run on a base PS4, devs can really create good games on an XSS.

4 hours ago, roun90 said:

Dev to MSHey I know you guys promised every single one of your customers that Series S will support all games that come to Series X, but we want you to break your promise. Lie to all your customers and create a PR and Image disaster for yourselves that will be worse than the RRoD disaster. All because we can't develop a game that will not work on what is a scaled down PC and we want the minimum requirements to be higher (As per PC standards)

Frankly, MS should have thought of this before. Series S should have been a Digital Only Series X. But what's done is done. Devs also can't complain. Either they have to be competent to make a good game for both platforms or avoid Xbox and lose all the money from that platform.

Anyways, nowadays there really is no reason to complain I think. If God of War Ragnarok can run on a base PS4, devs can really create good games on an XSS.

if XSS goes away, devs will have to work less

7 hours ago, roun90 said:

All this has been rebutted in this video already.

Series S has no separate developer kit. Series x has it inbuilt, they are so similar. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Xbox Series X|S has now sold over an estimated 20 million units worldwide as of the week ending December 3.

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/455822/ps5-sales-top-28m-xs-tops-20m-worldwide-hardware-estimates-for-nov-27-dec-3/

• Like 1