The Xbox Series X|S thread

2 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

I understand. A lot of games like Death Stranding, Plague Tale have written "playable on PC". Why would Microsoft keep them PC exclusive in GamePass ?

Not sure about Requiem, but Death Stranding was published on PC by 505, even though IP owned by Sony, hence on gamepass PC only.

1 hour ago, eddy4823 said:

Plague Take Requiem and Death Stranding ?

Only Death Stranding is not available. It's not available on console at all.

28 minutes ago, b!T said:

Everyone and their dog knows Switch is graphically inferior but the market it caters to doesn't care. They buy Switch for its library and portability. On the other hand, Series S doesn't have anything going for it except it's cheaper. It directly goes against SX and PS5 with the same games available where as Switch has its own demographic with its own exclusives.

I own a Series S and I think its a very good console but I don't pretend its equivalent to SX or PS5. I would anyday prefer a SX but my use case doesn't demand it because I have a PS5. No matter however you dissect it, Series S lacks graphically mainly because of stupid Xbox S version of games running with backward compatibility.

I don't say it's graphically equal to ps5/SX. Where did I say that?

But i find it's output to be beautiful to look at. Of course SX would look even better. 

Overall I like it for minimalistic form factor, simplicity. And is my console of choice. Would get PS5 version of Series S if Sony ever release one. Small, digital, 5tf PS5 would be day 1 purchase for me.

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Constantly pimping series L, passing veiled snide remarks against Ps exclusives in threads, that is a coping mechanism actually, for poor choices made-_-

Legit criticism=/= snide remarks.

41 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

I don't say it's graphically equal to ps5/SX. Where did I say that?

But i find it's output to be beautiful to look at. Of course SX would look even better. 

Overall I like it for minimalistic form factor, simplicity. And is my console of choice. Would get PS5 version of Series S if Sony ever release one. Small, digital, 5tf PS5 would be day 1 purchase for me.

Then why are you making comments about Switch's graphic quality? If SS looks beautiful to you then there will be people satisfied with Switch's output.

• Like 2

On 12/29/2022 at 12:29 PM, eddy4823 said:

Do the extra features in Series S over the X justifies the price difference of 30k ? I have an Xbox Game Pass for 3 years and would like to switch to Xbox.

If you already have a good gaming PC then i don't think there's any need for XSS/X consoles. 

Almost all games available on Gamepass console are their on Gamepass PC too.

Overall Console library is slightly better than PC not much . 

Not worth buying a console imo.

On 12/29/2022 at 12:29 PM, eddy4823 said:

Do the extra features in Series S over the X justifies the price difference of 30k ? I have an Xbox Game Pass for 3 years and would like to switch to Xbox.

Don't buy Series S, save some money and go for X, Series S is not worth the 20k you save. It was the biggest regret purchase for me, and I bought the WiiU at launch :lol: 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Don't buy Series S, save some money and go for X, Series S is not worth the 20k you save. It was the biggest regret purchase for me, and I bought the WiiU at launch :lol: 

Exactly lol. 

Series X pre-owned is selling for 35-37k these days. 

Incredible value tbh. 

55 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

If you already have a good gaming PC then i don't think there's any need for XSS/X consoles. 

Almost all games available on Gamepass console are their on Gamepass PC too.

Overall Console library is slightly better than PC not much . 

Not worth buying a console imo.

Xbox Game Pass is going to have far more better library in future. PC might get some but not all. 

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

Xbox Game Pass is going to have far more better library in future. PC might get some but not all. 

Yeah but i think major ones (owned by MS) will be available on both PC & Console . So i m not sure that the few extra third party games warrant need for a console . One can always buy those few games whenever they go on sale . 

Also not sure if you will enjoy playing on XSS (or even XSX) especially if you are used to playing on a very solid PC. 

I think my eneloop batteries charger for Xbox controller broke, isn’t charging the cells. How else can I play while I wait for new charger?

Does plugging controller into a power bank without cells inside it work?

I think it’ll work if I connect directly to xbox via usb-c cable without batteries but I don’t have long enough cable

12 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I think my eneloop batteries charger for Xbox controller broke, isn’t charging the cells. How else can I play while I wait for new charger?

I think it’ll work if I connect directly to xbox via usb-c cable without batteries but I don’t have long enough cable

Get the official play-charge kit instead of going the eneloop route again :fear1:

Currently 1800 on Amazon.

It’s totally worth it despite the shorter battery life than Eneloops, because you don’t have to remove the back cover at all. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Yes

• Like 1