Raji - An Ancient Epic

hope

Official Website: 

https://www.rajithegame.com

The Story of Raji

The story of Raji: An Ancient Epic, takes place right at the start of the next great war, where demons and their ambitions will drive humanity to the threat of extinction.

While the demons have challenged the very gods who put them in despair, they plan to avenge their embarrassing defeat, thousands of years ago in the last great war. During the thousand years of peace, the human race became content, falling into a false sense of security. Not only were they ill-prepared for an invasion, but they had forgotten the ways of alchemy. The situation threatens their very essence, leaving the humans to the mercy of demons. 

Amidst the chaotic invasion where cities and forts fell, Raji was chosen by the gods as the sole defender of the human race. Blessed by various gods who still stand compassionate to humanity, she wields weapons and powers of the gods that have yet to awaken from within.

Raji herself suffered during the siege of Jaidhar, having had her brother abducted by the Demons. She felt powerless and was knocked unconscious during the invasion. She awakes days later only to realize that she’s been gifted with godlike powers, yet her brother is nowhere to be found.

Raji sets on a journey of self discovery, to find her younger brother amidst the raging demonic enclaves, while the great Lord Mahabalasura plans to capture the human realm for himself...

Game finally in Finishing stages :)

https://themakoreactor.com/features/raji-an-ancient-epic-release-date-made-in-india-nintendo-switch-game-development-pc-ps4-xbox-one-nodding-heads-interview/13628/

Day 1 :thumbsup:

Edited by hope

Played the demo on Steam a little while ago. While the visuals and music were great, the gameplay felt really loose to me. Not sure if it would hold my attention for very long.

The setting, of course, was very refreshing though.

A few screenshots from the demo:

R2EwamB.jpg

h88Tmju.jpg

wqwZz4q.jpg

HyRulRp.jpg

n29w9Yh.jpg

f1JsCBg.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, adity said:

Really inspiring read. f**king sold the apartment to fund the game. Its ballsy as f**k. I'll definitely buy it if its any good. 

More like bunch of 7-8 people wasting time and money. 

This project has been going on since 2016-17 where they kickstarted and requested for a whopping $150k which failed. Raised $80k but couldn't work with that budget somehow and cancelled it. 

They kept working for 9 months and still didn't progress and expected to land on a publisher with just a demo concept of the game. 

This is just a militaristic indie game and made in India where cost is extremely low compared to states and yet somehow these guys couldn't do it for last 3 years. 

Entire thing is going to flop at launch. There are better games made with lower budget. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

This project has been going on since 2016-17 where they kickstarted and requested for a whopping $150k which failed. Raised $80k but couldn't work with that budget somehow and cancelled it. 

They kept working for 9 months and still didn't progress and expected to land on a publisher with just a demo concept of the game. 

This is just a militaristic indie game and made in India where cost is extremely low compared to states and yet somehow these guys couldn't do it for last 3 years. 

Entire thing is going to flop at launch. There are better games made with lower budget. 

Indie bhindi game development doesn't pay the bills in this country, nor do we have the nanny state giving any "benefits" to the unemployed.

24 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Indie bhindi game development doesn't pay the bills in this country, nor do we have the nanny state giving any "benefits" to the unemployed.

Indie bhindi game development doesn't need $150K either in India...Way less for title like this. 

Second, they made a mess and ran out of everything without making any progress for 3+ years. 

Q3 2020. Watch it get delayed or early access garbage. 

• Sad 1

Looks good,atmospheric,great BG.

About gameplay, well reviews will tell that. With all the powers and stuff, should be a decent play. 

If its short n crisp then it will do pretty well. 

No idea about game budgets but 150K is a lot of money but mybe it wasnt enough for them. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
13 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Out on eShop, will grab it later. Just need people to confirm how it runs on Switch, that's all.

Love the acrobatic skills, but I feel the protagonist looks...underpowered ?

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

timed exclusive to switch

aslo indie bhindi, considering no big publisher would be willing to pick up anything set in India.

Lost Legacy is laughing at you??. Or you meant made in India?

On 6/6/2020 at 4:26 PM, Joe Cool said:

On 6/6/2020 at 6:20 PM, PhantomShade said:

On 6/6/2020 at 6:48 PM, Joe Cool said:

Indie bhindi game development doesn't need $150K either in India...Way less for title like this. 

Second, they made a mess and ran out of everything without making any progress for 3+ years. 

Q3 2020. Watch it get delayed or early access garbage. 

On 8/19/2020 at 4:29 PM, PhantomShade said:

timed exclusive to switch

aslo indie bhindi, considering no big publisher would be willing to pick up anything set in India.

Didn't read the whole thread earlier, but man, the shitposting is epic in this thread. 

Going by most reviews, it is a pretty good game, with gorgeous art style and mythology. Just needs a bit of polish in combat (I was personally put off by narration, which sounded...hollow). I am no expert on game development, and I guess none of you are, so I will believe the reviews and gameplay videos. The devs are even considering a physical release, and that means the response has been pretty fantastic. A new patch is due soon with combat fixes as announced on Twitter. 

Also, most of the "Indie Bhindi" games are much better than utter trash "AAA" titles like COD, FIFA etc.

5 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Didn't read the whole thread earlier, but man, the shitposting is epic in this thread. 

Going by most reviews, it is a pretty good game, with gorgeous art style and mythology. Just needs a bit of polish in combat (I was personally put off by narration, which sounded...hollow). I am no expert on game development, and I guess none of you are, so I will believe the reviews and gameplay videos. The devs are even considering a physical release, and that means the response has been pretty fantastic. A new patch is due soon with combat fixes as announced on Twitter. 

Also, most of the "Indie Bhindi" games are much better than utter trash "AAA" titles like COD, FIFA etc.

This. Too much dissing for this game for no reason by @Joe Cool. Not every dev process is easy no matter how simple the game be.

Looks good and plays decent too.

Hoping for a ps4 release soon 

• Like 1