Raji - An Ancient Epic

hope

6c678c0731844654c615ef8f80c77096.jpg

I might be bit out of context here but....there are some issues with respect to scale of character vs the environment.

So they could be possibly trying one of two things

1. A character which is dwarfed by some spell or something [Think about Toy Story]

2. The environment is gigantic 

But art lies somewhere in between. Like if you see foliage in the front they look out of proportion wrto character size.

Yeah very true, the characters is way too small compared to Environments and they mean to do the #2 but it doesn't apply everywhere like in Market area..

During combat it feels like the character is lost between enemies..  they have focused more on the environment and camera is also fixed..  probably something they can work on next time.. 

31 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Yeah very true, the characters is way too small compared to Environments and they mean to do the #2 but it doesn't apply everywhere like in Market area..

So basically, they just scaled their models up rather than organically making them big.

Like this foliage will look perfect when it is used as a small bush that is as tall as the ankle of the character.

Same with the giant statues all around, scaled up but not added necessarily details to make them look organic and rich.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Engineer said:

Played the game and found that this game is basically a Hindutva propaganda. This game doesn't represent Indian culture

Not sure what you are calling as propaganda??? Are you saying the game is funded by political parties??? :rofl: please do some research how the funds came into making the game before calling it a propaganda :giggle:

No one said it represent Indian culture, what is Indian culture in todays world btw ?? The game basically tells story of a girl who is blessed by Gods and which gods do you wanted them to choose when making an Indian game? It was co incidentally released around Durga Pooja and obvsiously talks lores about how Durga was created etc based on mythology.. 

3 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Not sure what you are calling as propaganda??? Are you saying the game is funded by political parties??? :rofl: please do some research how the funds came into making the game before calling it a propaganda :giggle:

No one said it represent Indian culture, what is Indian culture in todays world btw ?? The game basically tells story of a girl who is blessed by Gods and which gods do you wanted them to choose when making an Indian game? It was co incidentally released around Durga Pooja and obvsiously talks lores about how Durga was created etc based on mythology.. 

Here read the vice article, it explains all this propaganda stuff: https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7ajbv/raji-ancient-indian-epic-far-right-hindu-nationalism

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Is there a tldr version of that article?

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

No muslims, dalits, LGBT in the game, and it comes out during Modi raaj, therefore Hindutva propaganda.

Supposedly Durga/Parvati plays a role in this game, so the author also goes into tangent that the PC being a girl or the main supporting char being a goddess isn't feminist and all, because hinduism is all patriarchal in the end etc.

Hope this meme article doesn't affect the game's sales :/

• Like 1

Just now, Right said:

Gave me glimpse into typical rotten commie mind, which cannot think beyond identities, think that India was vorn in 1947 only to live happily in their post-truth world.

I don't even get angry reading such "articles", I just feel a mix of amusement and maybe pity, for someone needing to over analyze one game like this and write an essay over it.

Yes. I actually read through most of it. It has a lot of words but little to say. I think their entire point is that there are no Muslims in the game which makes it alt right. Which is a f**king stupid point to make. Because the primary enemies in the game are rakshasas. I mean, a game rooted in Hindu mythology will have characters from Hindu mythology. That's like asking why there is no Thor in God of War. Very stupid article. 

No muslims, dalits, LGBT in the game, and it comes out during Modi raaj, therefore Hindutva propaganda.
Supposedly Durga/Parvati plays a role in this game, so the author also goes into tangent that the PC being a girl or the main supporting char being a goddess isn't feminist and all, because hinduism is all patriarchal in the end etc.

Hope this meme article doesn't affect the game's sales :/

Thank God I did not waste time reading this garbage article. I felt like kuch bhi likh do for the sake of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

I don't even get angry reading such "articles", I just feel a mix of amusement and maybe pity, for someone needing to over analyze one game like this and write an essay over it.

That’s the whole point.
If you outrage then their mission is “highly successful”, if you don’t and ignore it, then they have successfully planted the propaganda and set the narrative for better use in future.

Either way they win.

I too pity such fellows but have no desire to wrestle pigs.