Persona 4 Golden

Heaven Angel

I haven't completed Persona 5 (i intend to start Royal again) but i found Persona 4 golden more. Same goes for Persona 3, havent completed it.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

For me, P4G is better than P5. I can't wait to play it on big screen :wOOtjumpy:
That's really awesome to hear it's as good and possibly better in some case though i am not sure I have that time to put in 150 hours in a game anymore [emoji14]

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

That's really awesome to hear it's as good and possibly better in some case though i am not sure I have that time to put in 150 hours in a game anymore emoji14.png

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

I believe one of the reasons why I love P4G more is because I was able to put in a lot of hours into it compared to P5. Persona is one of the games where you should never rush through because it diminishes the experience a lot.

1 minute ago, adity said:

How can you rush through a persona game? Everyone is going to have the same number of in game days to go through. 

First time I played P5, I finished it in around 90-100 hours. I didn't plan the activities properly and didn't really care much about maxing confidants because i just wanted to finish the story. Second time, I played it, it took around 150-180 hours because i was playing on hard for one thing and I actually planned my days properly and even referred some walk throughs.

Just now, adity said:

How can you rush through a persona game? Everyone is going to have the same number of in game days to go through. 

Skip all cutscenes, take multiple days in palace so you don't have to actually try and can easily finish it, don't care about all activities and do everything in fast forward - just this much and your playtime might reduce drastically (Maybe even by half). Still would take 50+ hours though.

OUT NOW :wOOtjumpy:

Persona 4 Golden

A coming of age story that sets the protagonist and his friends on a journey kickstarted by a chain of serial murders.

Persona 4 Golden on Steam is best experienced with a game controller. Key Features include:

• Enjoy gameplay with variable framerates
  • Experience the world of Persona on PC in Full HD
  • Steam Achievements and Trading Cards
  • Choose between Japanese and English VO

Steam

1 hour ago, Aftrunner said:

I think I might get this. Havent played a jrpg since intensely disliking blue dragoon like 10 years ago.

lol, you're gonna hate it then , don't know about p4, have played p3 before (on PS2 I guess) and it's weird as f**k.  Not just the gameplay (which has its own quirks - from a guy who's more used to western games in general), but even the story/characters all felt weird and not really up my alley.  I had played FF XIII (or whatever the one that released on PS3), and didn't feel that lost.  I think it's a game for ppl who're really into anime/manga kind of stuff.  

Edited by Ne0

I think I might get this. Havent played a jrpg since intensely disliking blue dragoon like 10 years ago.

I you entered a dark room, stepped on a lego and hated going back in again, playing P4G is like going in that room again and stepping on a broken glass this time.

I will suggest just play Persona 5/Persona 5 Royal. I will disagree with @Ne0 and @CarbonCore. Anyone can get into Persona 4 Golden, so long as they get beyond it's slow start. But - and this is a very big issue - this game is old. It's systems and mechanics are aged quite a bit. Still an excellent game with excellent characters, music and story, but gameplay might just turn you off. It was excellent in 2008-2011 period and people who are fans will still love it.But if you are starting on the series, or even the JRPG Genre, then in today's time Persona 5/Persona 5 Royal is what's recommended. Heck, if you have a PS4 - you can get Persona 5 for a price similar to what P4G is being sold for on Steam. So just play that.

Aww yea as expected it'll work on my potato pc....will put it in my wishlist....got a ton of other games in my backlog list.

Will buy it when it goes on sale :D

15 hours ago, adity said:

Dude the anime sh*t is certainly not for everyone. Japanese games especially RPGs have a certain vibe which will not click with some people. I'd say watch an hour or two of gameplay online to get an idea of what it's like. If he can't stand the teenage drama and turn based combat, there is nothing that could make him enjoy the game. 

True. Those who aren't into anime/ can't withstand anime may not like it.

Edited by kold_war

I have never seen anime/manga nor a fan of it. Persona 5 was instant hook up though. I didn't even notice much of anime style. Rather it was more of a different fashion and blend in really well with the game. 

Downloading it today. Let's see how it is. My friend who has never played Persona, nor heard of it got it yesterday after I told him. He's spent whole day playing it straight and already jumping how awesome it is so far. ?

1 minute ago, adity said:

You still haven't finished persona 5. Go finish it first. 

Watch me finish this before that. Too lazy to boot PS4 and spend 70-100+ hours sitting in living room. ? 

Need to move it room and connect to PC monitor. 

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

I have never seen anime/manga nor a fan of it. Persona 5 was instant hook up though. I didn't even notice much of anime style. Rather it was more of a different fashion and blend in really well with the game. 

Downloading it today. Let's see how it is. My friend who has never played Persona, nor heard of it got it yesterday after I told him. He's spent whole day playing it straight and already jumping how awesome it is so far. ?

ya that's why i added 'maybe' in my post :P  It's a different looking game......may not appeal to a few people out there :) 

But ya for me it was worth every damn penny