Persona 4 Golden

Heaven Angel

Japanese audio sounds a little low quality compared to . English Audio 

Also, don't know if there is a setting to get subtitles in the cut scenes. While I somehow prefer the Japanese audio (blame my love of anime), I cant understand what is going on without subtitles. 

But overall, I am having fun. I wish Persona 3 / 5 would make their way to PC as well

16 hours ago, lithuvien said:

Japanese audio sounds a little low quality compared to . English Audio 

Also, don't know if there is a setting to get subtitles in the cut scenes. While I somehow prefer the Japanese audio (blame my love of anime), I cant understand what is going on without subtitles. 

But overall, I am having fun. I wish Persona 3 / 5 would make their way to PC as well

Hey I'm thinking of getting this game eventually. Keep on hearing about a lot of bugs. Is it really worth it? 

On 6/29/2020 at 4:34 PM, lithuvien said:

I haven't encountered any bugs so far, but I am only 6-7 hours into the game, which is still very early

As for the game, it is an awesome game, BUT ONLY IF you like anime type rpgs with an absolutely Japanese setting. 

I know the game, I'm just about to finish Persona 3 Portable and loving every moment of it.

There were a few mentions of bugs and issues hence was asking. 

Edited by jak3072

• 2 weeks later...

2.5 hours in and I'm liking it though the game has barely begun yet lol. It's my first Persona game (second game of this kind in terms of gameplay mechanics, have tried FFVII before it wasn't able to hook me). This game has so much style to it, especially as I am into anime. The music with the art style and Japanese locals is very cozy. I think the game is very long (witcher 3 long) so I'll take my sweet time with it.

On 6/27/2020 at 1:40 PM, lithuvien said:

So the fix is to cap the FPS to about 40. Doesnt make a visible difference to me but it is disaapointing

Facing the same issue but this didn't fix it for me. Even tried 30 FPS but no luck.

Edit: Found a different fix which worked for me.

Here: https://www.gameskinny.com/bip95/persona-4-golden-cutscene-stutter-fix#:~:text=best so far.-,Persona 4 Golden Cutscene Stutter Fix,them to a smaller size.

Apparently the video files in the game are encoded at very high settings. The fix is to replace the files with reduced qualify video files. I tried it and it worked though the quality of cutscenes took a visible hit. At least it's better than the stuttering mess.

Edited by Aloy

2 hours ago, Aloy said:

I think the game is very long (witcher 3 long) so I'll take my sweet time with it.

Yup. Witcher 3 and P4G are the only 2 single player games on which I've spent 200hrs+ in the last 5-7yrs. 

Also I didn't encounter a single bug on the Vita version. 

8 hours ago, rAgHaV said:

Yup. Witcher 3 and P4G are the only 2 single player games on which I've spent 200hrs+ in the last 5-7yrs. 

Also I didn't encounter a single bug on the Vita version. 

I kinda rushed through W3 so it consumed ~110 hours of my life. I expect P4G to easily surpass that:lol:

Would have got the game on PS4 but it's not available there. Found that weird

On 6/30/2020 at 5:41 PM, jak3072 said:

I know the game, I'm just about to finish Persona 3 Portable and loving every moment of it.

There were a few mentions of bugs and issues hence was asking. 

I'm nearly level 30 now and so far haven't found any bugs, or noticed any

On 7/14/2020 at 8:01 PM, Black_Hawk said:

I haven't played a Persona game before so can someone explain what these games are all about? Are they all connected to each other?

This game is my first Persona game and I'm loving it. 30 Hours in and I think I'm barely scratching the surface.

In brief, Persona a JRPG series with a turn based combat system. You take up the role of high school student whose job is to make new friends and investigate some weird things which happen in his town. A persona is basically the personality of a user manifested into a pokemon like creature. You use them to fight monsters. But they are highly versatile and the game allows you to create and experiment with different personas. The combat system is very deep and engaging. 

The narrative heavy approach of the game with a deep, satisfying combat system and memorable characters make it an unique experience. In terms of art, it's basically anime so that's a plus point for me haha. This game has turned me into a fan of Atlus ( the developer of these games) and the genre.

Finished my first play through. This brought back a lot of memories, happy ones. I never got to start a new Game + when I had this on my console. Started it now. I like how your social stats are carried over giving you more time to find out and progress on more social links. 

Given that the sales for this game were great on PC< I can hope that Persona 5 will come next

By the way, I have not encountered any bugs so far. 

6 minutes ago, lithuvien said:

Finished my first play through. This brought back a lot of memories, happy ones. I never got to start a new Game + when I had this on my console. Started it now. I like how your social stats are carried over giving you more time to find out and progress on more social links. 

Given that the sales for this game were great on PC< I can hope that Persona 5 will come next

By the way, I have not encountered any bugs so far. 

probably when they get Persona 6 for the PS5 :P

btw are you ok with the oversized UI elements ? i was watching videos of this and i realized this is a direct port of the Vita version with minimal changes to anything else apart from resolution/framerate