Rumor thread and discussion

1:10:00 - ACG hinting at Konami licensing out the Metal Gear Solid IP in relation to Kojima and Xbox

ACG response:

Let me add some clarification folks Hey folks thats mine.

The person who told me this, has been with me since Far Cry Primal leaks lol. And mostly has been right, from Bethesda moving to 0 day review code and this year to Death loop, Bloodlines, Dragons Dogma 2 leak, Xbox game boost work, and a couple more this year.

I was simply stating I had heard from a source, the same that informed of the Xbox boost the Death loop delay, Bloodlines, and the other stuff I had talked about as saying this happening and that Metal Gear ITSELF was in some way UP for grabs. Which then popped up in this discussion about Kojima(you guys SHOULD know I am not a huge Kojima follower as a person and don't work on personal leaks really ever as I find it a bit creepy)

That source has been reliable all this year so I said it. I don't have the time to really discuss bs so I don't repeat most. But they were right about the Bloodlines stuff the Deathloop stuff. So I figured it was worthy.

So far they hit 8 for 8 this year. And were right as far back as Far Cry Primal prior to it being announced by a huge margin.

https://realsport101.com/playstation/ps5-news-metal-gear-solid-collection-coming-to-playstation-5-ps5-stock-wont-be-coming-for-a-while/

According to a rumour that began of 4Chan, so take that as you will, Sony and Konami have reached a deal to bring the Metal Gear Solid collection to PlayStation 5 in September 2021.

The collection will feature Metal Gear Solids: Twin Snakes (the Gamecube remake of MGS1), Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

54 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Twin Snakes was funded by Nintendo, odd it would show up on other consoles unless a deal is made

MGS 4 needs a remake urgently. You guys realize - with Sony closing the PS3 and Vita stores this year, the conclusion of the Metal Gear Solid Saga will be lost forever. There is no other digital store that will supply it, and unless you are able to find a PS3 + physical copy of MGS 4 - the end story of Solid Snake and the conclusion of the franchise will be lost forever. Can't believe a day is coming soon, when the MGS franchise of all things has to be saved and preserved.

6 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

MGS4 is now PSNow right? 

I think it came there briefly and was removed in 2020. PS Now site lists MGS HD Collection (PS3), MGS: Revengeance (PS3), MGS: Ground Zeroes (PS4) and MGS 5 (PS4). Not a single mention of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

So yup, as of now, once PS3 store goes offline, people can kiss MGS4 goodbye. It will be lost in limbo. 

Edited by roun90

Days Gone 2 Was Pitched as a Shared Universe Game With Co-Op

Jeff Ross, the former game director of Days Gone, has revealed that the pitch for Days Gone 2 featured plans for a shared universe and cooperative play.

“We wanted co-op from the beginning [in Days Gone 1], but obviously you have to make concessions for what you’re not going to be able to do,

When asked by Jaffe if the ideas for co-op would have been implemented in a sequel, Ross said: “It’s one of the things that we had in our pitch, yeah. It was the idea of a shared universe with co-op play.”

Explaining the vision for the co-op, Ross described it as: ”[taking] this world that you’ve built, and all these assets and systems, and repurpose them for some sort of similarly themed multiplayer version of this universe. So [it] would be with guys like Deacon trying to survive, building up a clubhouse or a crew. I think it would be fun to be in that world cooperatively and see what horde battles could be like.”

While Ross’ openness about an unannounced game does make it feel as if Days Gone 2 is probably not going to happen, Ross reinforced that he cannot confirm the game’s situation. “I don’t think it’s publicly confirmed what the status of [Days Gone 2] is. I don’t want to be the guy who’s the official source for whatever that is.”

Ross himself no longer works at Bend Studio, but notes that his departure “had nothing to do with the status of the sequel or anything else that the studio was doing.”

“Days Gone has sold more copies than every game the studio has ever made combined. So it’s successful in that way, and in the community and player response. But the critics… yeah, that was Normandy Beach.”

“Sony with these big triple-A games… they’re not cheap games to make. The first Syphon Filter I think cost $1m or $2m. The second one was definitely $2m because we did it in a year.

“So the return of investment on those is great, [but] for games where you have to sell four of five million copies just to break even… there’s got to be a confidence in the return, because Sony doesn’t have the cash that Microsoft does and they’ve got to use it very intelligently and they’ve got to stay focused on a diverse portfolio.”

“Sony’s got to run a responsible business,” he said. “So it’s OK for them to make decisions based on the anticipated return of investment, because that’s the money they need to fund the next game.

“It’s naive to think it’s all Kumbaya, goodwill [and] we’re all sitting around doing the right thing, as opposed to the best thing for the company and the fans.

“Games are expensive, movies are expensive… in order to make more, the initial ones need to make money. I do think that the more you overthink something, the more you’re destined to doom it and that’s why I like the loose format at Sony. Even in the Schreier report where he talks about them tightening things up, they still trust their developers tremendously.”

-VGC

4 hours ago, roun90 said:

MGS 4 needs a remake urgently. You guys realize - with Sony closing the PS3 and Vita stores this year, the conclusion of the Metal Gear Solid Saga will be lost forever. There is no other digital store that will supply it, and unless you are able to find a PS3 + physical copy of MGS 4 - the end story of Solid Snake and the conclusion of the franchise will be lost forever. Can't believe a day is coming soon, when the MGS franchise of all things has to be saved and preserved.

I do have a copy of both Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and MGS 4 lying with me. Though no PS3 to play it on anymore.

ACG saying MS wants to get Metal Gear license and then work with kojima on it

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/microsoft-wants-to-buy-metal-gear-license-from-konami.1600598/

Ms not f**king around. War chest is open. Uncle phill is hungry 

Edited by WhiteWolf