Rumor thread and discussion

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

It won't launch outside gp? That would be a bummer. Quake community would be pissed. 

If Halo itself is realising as a F2P game outside of any sort of paywall then I doubt that there will be any reason for Quake to not do the same 

But there will be some incentive for subscribers like Halo Infinite campaign is 

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

If Halo itself is realising as a F2P game outside of any sort of paywall then I doubt that there will be any reason for Quake to not do the same 

This acquisition is extremely messy. Id has some epic ips from a forgotten era with a huge fanbase. Many of them offered mp as well and some of those games still have an  active mp scene. All of them are MS properties now. ? 

7 minutes ago, AnK said:

I hope they release halo on steam. 

Most prolly they will :rofl:

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

This acquisition is extremely messy. Id has some epic ips from a forgotten era with a huge fanbase. Many of them offered mp as well and some of those games still have an  active mp scene. All of them are MS properties now. ? 

Those PC gamers don’t really have anything to worry about 

Nothing that already existed is going behind any sort of paywall 

M$ is in an image building mode 

If anything some incentive will be added for subscribers which can’t be a bad thing 

• Thanks 1

Just now, AnK said:

Those PC gamers don’t really have anything to worry about 

Nothing that already existed is going behind any sort of paywall 

M$ is in an image building mode 

If anything some incentive will be added for subscribers which can’t be a bad thing 

Do you need to download the xbox client to access those mp games is something I'm wondering. 

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

Do you need to download the xbox client to access those mp games is something I'm wondering. 

You don’t even need that to play Gears,Forza,Halo anymore 

let alone new additions into the umbrella 

21 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I hope they release halo on steam. 

Most prolly they will :rofl:

Maybe not Day 1 but why won't they? Also, why is it funny? Halo: MCC is already on steam.

28 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

Maybe not Day 1 but why won't they? Also, why is it funny? Halo: MCC is already on steam.

Because it is being launched as an exclusive. If it truly is one, it should not be found beyond the Xbox (console + pc) ecosystem. 

Steam is not xbox. Probably will be chaper on steam compared to ms store. 

4 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Because it is being launched as an exclusive. If it truly is one, it should not be found beyond the Xbox (console + pc) ecosystem. 

Steam is not xbox. Probably will be chaper on steam compared to ms store. 

Is it? I'm personally not aware of this. Could you share a link?