Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart

Heaven Angel

33 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

Is everyone okay with the 4999 price? I feel like that's stretching things a bit.

I bet third parties haven't increased because they know it's a psychological barrier.

Not a matter of choice though is it?

60$/4k per game on consoles were already stretching things considering that most games have other forms of monetisation. 

Third parties have alteady increased their prices with Activision and 2K leading the charge. I expect more publishers to follow suit and increase their prices. Ubsifot could become one of them.

And why wouldn't they since Sony (a major paltforn owner) did the same.:(

Personally, I will be relying more on rentals and physical games this gen as opposed to going completely digital last gen on both Xbox and PS.

Edited by L33TWiZaRd

57 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

Is everyone okay with the 4999 price? I feel like that's stretching things a bit.

I bet third parties haven't increased because they know it's a psychological barrier.

Not okay but what can be done. I usually buy only 3-4 games a year at launch. Otherwise, I'm fine with waiting for deals which are surprisingly pretty frequent on PSN. With the current backlog I've (thanks PS+) and the actual gaming time I get, I'll manage.  I don't like dealing with discs.

23 hours ago, Sach4life said:

True. I would looking forward to a deluxe physical edition.

23 hours ago, kold_war said:

No steelbook? :rant:Come on insomniac :/

I feel like they always do this at the start of a new generation. The early PS4 games didnt really get any fancy special editions that were easily obtainable at launch. I guess it's hard to upsell people at the start of a new generation when adoption rates are already low. This statistic is probably exacerbated by the fact that they are already trying to upsell people on the $70 price, so the further upsell to $100-110 for a mass produced deluxe edition is just not worth it for the current small-ish consumer base. 

1 hour ago, Aloy said:

Not okay but what can be done. I usually buy only 3-4 games a year at launch. Otherwise, I'm fine with waiting for deals which are surprisingly pretty frequent on PSN. With the current backlog I've (thanks PS+) and the actual gaming time I get, I'll manage.  I don't like dealing with discs.

That is the best approach. I felt insulted buying RE3 digital at launch last year only to see the price crashing down to sub-2k by may end. Wait and watch technique karna padega. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyofx said:

Nah. Wait till sales. Only option. 

3 hours ago, Keyofx said:

It is a full game, just like the rest of them.

If you are not comfortable with 5K, wait a year or so for a sale, should drop to 2K by then

5 hours ago, fatpigeon said:

I feel like they always do this at the start of a new generation. The early PS4 games didnt really get any fancy special editions that were easily obtainable at launch. I guess it's hard to upsell people at the start of a new generation when adoption rates are already low. This statistic is probably exacerbated by the fact that they are already trying to upsell people on the $70 price, so the further upsell to $100-110 for a mass produced deluxe edition is just not worth it for the current small-ish consumer base. 

They can make it as a limited edition and sell limited units imo ??‍♂️

Just now, Keyofx said:

It will come down in price in just a couple of months (I doubt even 1 year, I'm thinking more along the lines of 2-3 months). Game is releasing in June, by the time of Sep-Nov, we will see it for 50% off I would guess. Heck, if you're going physical version and are OK with 2nd hand, you will get it for cheaper much sooner than that.

Day 1 purchases are best left for games that you are an absolute fan of and can't wait for. For example, for me that would be Persona, Yakuza, FF and the likes. No need to get everything Day 1.

AFAIK, 3rd parties are also increasing prices. All Cross Gen Titles will be $60 and all true next gen titles will be $70 from what I've heard (Other than the usual EA/Acti - who have already jumped on $70 for all games). It's just that other than Sony, not a ingle developer has released a pure next gen title yet. 

Just now, CarbonCore said:

I don't think you're getting that many used copies of an action platformer here. There's no Crash 4 or Sackboy in the TP. If everyone waits for cheaper used copy then nobody will get them.

I don't think many people purchased those games also (except the hardcore platformer fans). But with the way Sony is promoting R&C as the 1st true next gen game that takes advantage of the hardware (SSD and level changing), I think it will sell quite well even to casuals - which means more copies on 2nd hand.

On 2/13/2021 at 2:25 PM, Keyofx said:

Yeah, I love R&C and this looks f**king amazing, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to plonk 5K on it (or any other game for that matter apart from maybe the next ND game and GOW).

I'm pretty sure I said something similar about Crash 4 as well though before I ended up pre-ordering it as its release date drew near :|. But that was 4K and this is 5K. Wonder if I can resist this time.

Also, I guess most third party games are still 4K because they're cross-gen games. Let's see if they continue the same pricing with next-gen only games. 

13 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Yeah, I love R&C and this looks f**king amazing, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to plonk 5K on it (or any other game for that matter apart from maybe the next ND game and GOW).

I'm pretty sure I said something similar about Crash 4 as well though before I ended up pre-ordering it as its release date drew near :|. But that was 4K and this is 5K. Wonder if I can resist this time.

Also, I guess most third party games are still 4K because they're cross-gen games. Let's see if they continue the same pricing with next-gen only games. 

If its a physical edition 5K is still OK as long as you don't collect games.. Play and Sell for 3.5-4K is still win win 

4 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

If its a physical edition 5K is still OK as long as you don't collect games.. Play and Sell for 3.5-4K is still win win 

I don't really like to sell my games and it always seemed like a hassle as well. But yeah, I might have to resort to it from this gen onwards.

25 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Some of us are Digital too here :(

main-kya-karu-fir-job-chhod-du.jpg