Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart

Heaven Angel

Guys, go to Savali and get the hoverboots as soon as you get the option to. They're f**king awesome!

Both combat and exploration become even more enjoyable.

Also, here's a little combat segment that I thought was pretty intense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWBBPcE9DeI

Aaaand Done !!  INSOMNIAC has nailed another perfection, they are the masters of delivering exceptional fun game.

Had a total blast weekend playing this for 3 days since Day 1.. what a BEAUTY and a completely a roller coaster ride. Challenge and Boss wise I think 2016 game is still more memorable for me but this game has much better set pieces, stunning visuals and attention to details. A masterpiece in crafting and totally justifies the SSD usage in multifold dimension shifting.

20210613-183238.jpg

PS-App-20210613-015922.jpg

Screenshot-20210613-191115-PS-App.jpg

Overall I felt it was Rivet > Ratchet in this game, guess she will take the lead in future games..

Plat Tips:

Pretty straight forward, used the guide only for the Bears trophy otherwise keep clearing the ones that pop up when you press the home button during the game. For 3 map collectibles, if you don't want to explore wait till you get to Pirate base.  you will get a map that shows the Bolts, Armor and Spider Bot locations. I did lot of exploration so took about 22-23 hours to finish up.

There is only one grind trophy - "Return Policy" make sure you upgrade Void Repulser to level 5 and becomes Void Reactor by using it from the time you buy it, Do NOT upgrade it using Reratarium as it will become too powerful.. for this trophy you need to catch the bullets in the shield shield, return back and kill 10 enemies.. if the weapon becomes too strong the shield will kill them instead of bullets.. this alone took more than an hour of grinding in Bronze cup challenge because I had upgraded upto level 3 Reratarium.

My plan was to trigger plat at credits like Tshusima but for one trophy you need to play NG plus for 15 minutes until you find the weapon store, to buy the 20th weapon..so apart from this make sure you clear all the trophies in Original save.. 

Edited by Assassins Creed

Done with the plat. Awesome game a bit short but no complaints. Dualsense really adds to the immersion! 
did not notice anything special in 3d audio

Also insomaniac missed the opportunity by giving both characters the same weapons ,upgrades and boots . A bit of difference would have made amazing characters.!
10/10 for story . Well paced and fun. 

6 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Done with the plat. Awesome game a bit short but no complaints. Dualsense really adds to the immersion! 
did not notice anything special in 3d audio

Also insomaniac missed the opportunity by giving both characters the same weapons ,upgrades and boots . A bit of difference would have made amazing characters.!
10/10 for story . Well paced and fun. 

I feel that was really done well, different upgrades and weapon upgrades for diff characters would have been frustrating.. 

Yeah, fantastic game! I especially loved the combat and the set-pieces. The particle effects are so good that each firefight pretty much turns into a colourful explosion of fireworks. 

ACiT still remains the best in the series for me by a wide margin though. But this is surely a step in the right direction and I hope we get more sequels.

One of my gripes with this game is that Ratchet is pretty much sidelined. Not because he doesn't have enough screen-time, but he has such a bland personality now that he is reduced to more or less being a plot device. It feels like they don't know what to do with him anymore. I miss the old Ratchet :\ 

Also, the game could've used some more difficult challenges. Only the boomstick and kaboomstick challenges were tough.

Just now, STICK3Rboy said:

One of my gripes with this game is that Ratchet is pretty much sidelined. Not because he doesn't have enough screen-time, but he has such a bland personality now that he is reduced to more or less being a plot device. It feels like they don't know what to do with him anymore. I miss the old Ratchet :\ 

Also, the game could've used some more difficult challenges.

This ! I felt that too it was Rivet show completely and challenges were really not great compared to how badass the challenge races were in last game.. 

• Like 1

Completed the game yesterday. 

It really is illegal for games to look this good. 

I was fooled multiple times when the cutscene was done and gameplay started. All that rendering in real time is just epic. 

Played the whole game in Fidelity, never switched to performance modes.

P.S

Spoiler

Very easy plat but that one trophy "Return Policy" was so annoying. :ranting:

Edited by VamosReva

1 hour ago, VamosReva said:

Completed the game yesterday. 

It really is illegal for games to look this good. 

I was fooled multiple times when the cutscene was done and gameplay started. All that rendering in real time is just epic. 

Played the whole game in Fidelity, never switched to performance modes.

P.S

Reveal hidden contents

Very easy plat but that one trophy "Return Policy" was so annoying. :ranting:

Yeah i got fooled twice at the start, i was like 5 sec hogaye bhai kya age? And the controller moved

30 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Had a couple of "senpai noticed me" moments when insomniac shared my photo mode pics on their instagram stories :bigyellowgrin:

They're actually doing it quite a bit now what with the game having just released.

Reveal hidden contents

And yeah, I do realize the senpai here is just their social media guy and not the actual devs :P

obsED72.jpeg
U0u6x3W.jpeg

Dude your work is gold! Like literally. Hope you gain followers in millions.

i also feel boss fight was another missed opportunity. They were repetitive and added nothing extra. Which there were a few cool boss fights too.

• Thanks 1

Loving the game so far. I think I'm at the climax. The game started out as a solid 8/10 but by mid-game it got to 9/10 as I grasped a tighter grip on its combat. Visually, one of best games till date!

Also Rivet is SO CUTE