Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart

Heaven Angel

22 hours ago, AnK said:

R&C RA in all it’s Native 4k & RT glory running at 50-60 fps:- 

this is incorrect 

if you see the video, 99% majority of the time the fps stays in 49-50 fps range. The jump to 60fps is for a few frames 

without VRR, 49-50fps would be juddery. 40fps120hz was already a good solution without VRR. 10fps gain with VRR may not be noticeable a lot for fidelity mode as compared to 40-120 

It stays at 50 most of the time & above 48 at all times. 
(Rarely drops to 48 or touches 60)

the VRR range for PS5 is 48-120hrz. 

Going by all the reviewers online it’s a flawless judder free experience in all Insomniac games. 

Average 50 judder free fps on R&C with Native 4k & RT is a massive feat. 

Edited by AnK

• 1 month later...

Been playing this when I get irritated with Returnal and finished it today. It's good fun and I enjoyed it but wouldn't call this a groundbreaking game as I initially thought it would be. The SSD prowess is pretty evident and the DS integration is pretty sweet. 

• 11 months later...
6 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Both are on PS4 :P even GT7 only Forbidden West ka DLC is PS5 Exclusive.. eventually even these will make it to PC..

So that makes only Demon Souls Remake as sole PS5 Exclusive 

Every PS exclusive will eventually make it to PC. Will take 2-3 years. One game which should have been on PC long time back but isn't is Dreams. Still don't understand how dumb Sony is to not put it on PC. It is a game which should be ideal for PC. 

2 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

If this game runs well on the PC, then all the fanbois fapping to the PS5 SSD are going to look so dumb :giggle:

Why? PC has similar and faster SSDs too, and DirectStorage as well.

If it however runs fine on HDDs, then yeah, I agree. 

14 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Why? PC has similar and faster SSDs too, and DirectStorage as well.

If it however runs fine on HDDs, then yeah, I agree. 

Sony marketed this game as if it’s only possible because of the custom SSD of PS5 :P

The instant planet jumping was great to experience but honestly it wasn’t in service of the story. 
The most impressive things about this game are the visuals and the characters. 

3 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

If this game runs well on the PC, then all the fanbois fapping to the PS5 SSD are going to look so dumb :giggle:

That won't invalidate how good/advanced PS5's SSD is. It will just invalidate Insomniac's claim that this particular game can't work without PS5's SSD.

2 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Sony marketed this game as if it’s only possible because of the custom SSD of PS5 :P

The instant planet jumping was great to experience but honestly it wasn’t in service of the story. 
The most impressive things about this game are the visuals and the characters. 

Ohh, maybe I missed that part.

I haven't tried but I presume it runs fine if installed on M2 Extension Slot of PS5, Gen4 PCIe card. If so, PC wouldn't break a sweat.

3 hours ago, Sach4life said:

That won't invalidate how good/advanced PS5's SSD is. It will just invalidate Insomniac's claim that this particular game can't work without PS5's SSD.

I am not questioning the fact that it’s good. But we did have some brilliant folks here (and online) who believed that it would not be possible elsewhere

Edited by l33tmaniac

17 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

I am not questioning the fact that it’s good. But we did have some brilliant folks here (and online) who believed that it would not be possible elsewhere

That was just PR stuff from devs. I never believed that.