Forspoken

GeraltOfRivia

6 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Could be the video quality, the original videos had no pop ins. Or maybe they did a downgrade, who knows

the first actual gameplay footage they showed also had terrible pop ins and other visual issues. luminous engine is a pos that se need to throw in the garbage. also shocking how badly its written, both Henning and Gary whitta are good writers so dunno what's happening. 

2 hours ago, KnackChap said:

the first actual gameplay footage they showed also had terrible pop ins and other visual issues. luminous engine is a pos that se need to throw in the garbage. also shocking how badly its written, both Henning and Gary whitta are good writers so dunno what's happening. 

Japanese developers trying to appeal to Western audiance instead of making as good a game they can. 

10 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Japanese developers trying to appeal to Western audiance instead of making as good a game they can. 

Entire PS3/360 Gen went to sh*t because of this mentality (As far as Japanese Devs are concerned). Many studios shut and many IPs died/reduced in popularity drastically (Including some very iconic ones like Silent Hill or Resident Evil or new IPs like Lost Planet). I thought Japanese Devs realized this in the PS4 generation. Seems SE still wants to try throwing it's hat in this particular ring once again with this IP.

11 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Entire PS3/360 Gen went to sh*t because of this mentality (As far as Japanese Devs are concerned). Many studios shut and many IPs died/reduced in popularity drastically (Including some very iconic ones like Silent Hill or Resident Evil or new IPs like Lost Planet). I thought Japanese Devs realized this in the PS4 generation. Seems SE still wants to try throwing it's hat in this particular ring once again with this IP.

SE hasn't yet recovered from HD era game development yet. Few good games they made since then.

Mostly Japan studios are gone cause their market isn't what it used to be. Only Capcom has come back way stronger than before. 

Hopefully Sony buys SE and restore them back to PS1 era days. This game might be a step towards that cause Uncharted creator is working on it. 

If that happens hopefully future SE games don't try to confirm to US politics, something completely irrelevant to rest of the world. We need original Japanese character and writing. Just fix annoying stuff like grinding in JRPGs or obscure mechanics. 

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

SE hasn't yet recovered from HD era game development yet. Few good games they made since then.

Mostly Japan studios are gone cause their market isn't what it used to be. Only Capcom has come back way stronger than before. 

Hopefully Sony buys SE and restore them back to PS1 era days. This game might be a step towards that cause Uncharted creator is working on it. 

If that happens hopefully future SE games don't try to confirm to US politics, something completely irrelevant to rest of the world. We need original Japanese character and writing. Just fix annoying stuff like grinding in JRPGs or obscure mechanics. 

Nah SE has recovered admirably, especially during the final years of the PS4 era. Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Final Fantasy 14 are bringing back the lost glory of the FF Franchise. Dragon Quest XI caused the resurgence of the DQ franchise. KH3 brought back the excitement for the KH franchise. SE is also doing really well with it's small titles and old IP catalogue. HD-2D Engine allowed for new IPs and remaking old IPs like Octopath Traveller, Triangle Strategy or Lie A Live. They are also trying new stuff with old IPs like Valkyrie Elysium, Star Ocean: The Divine Force etc.

SE is fine. It's just that they are trying this new venture (Forspoken) that they are trying to go back to mentality of PS3 gen (Trying to Westernize Japanese Games, espeially when their actual Western Games were not that great).

57 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Nah SE has recovered admirably, especially during the final years of the PS4 era. Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Final Fantasy 14 are bringing back the lost glory of the FF Franchise. Dragon Quest XI caused the resurgence of the DQ franchise. KH3 brought back the excitement for the KH franchise. SE is also doing really well with it's small titles and old IP catalogue. HD-2D Engine allowed for new IPs and remaking old IPs like Octopath Traveller, Triangle Strategy or Lie A Live. They are also trying new stuff with old IPs like Valkyrie Elysium, Star Ocean: The Divine Force etc.

SE is fine. It's just that they are trying this new venture (Forspoken) that they are trying to go back to mentality of PS3 gen (Trying to Westernize Japanese Games, espeially when their actual Western Games were not that great).

I expect more, like undeniably GOTY material.

Recovery is mild, making acceptable games.

None of them were like PS1/2 era games where I got completely hooked. Once I started OG FF7 on my lappy, couldn't put it down. Even brought a Vita to play the rest.

28 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

I expect more, like undeniably GOTY material.

Recovery is mild, making acceptable games.

None of them were like PS1/2 era games where I got completely hooked. Once I started OG FF7 on my lappy, couldn't put it down. Even brought a Vita to play the rest.

Ff7 remake perfectly captures the charm of the OG ff7. Its too bad they cockblocked the xbox audience but if you have access to ps4/pc, do try it.

37 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Ff7 remake perfectly captures the charm of the OG ff7. Its too bad they cockblocked the xbox audience but if you have access to ps4/pc, do try it.

Yeah that ones good cause of source material. That music, characters etc a lot of it they inherited. 

• 2 weeks later...

holy sh*t that fat lady npc is so badly animated. why the f**k would you give her so much screentime?? 

Everything looks dull, animations  are so bad, the enviornment so lifeless.

if this the best of the game they're showing then this is a big fat RIP 

looks ok. much better than the last footage. good that they didnt go with standard melee weapons types used in action games and are taking a different approach. good or bad only time will tell. traversal also looks fun but the writing & dialogues by both main characters and npc are terrible. 

gameplay and traversal looks super fun. NPC interactions are a bit dud but that would be like 20% of this game so if gameplay is as fun as it looks, I will be okay with it. Moreover, I guess they are taking extra months to polish animations etc so NPC interactions might get better. Next years is all about magic. Jan is Forspoken, Feb is Hogwarts Legacy and it looks like Midnight Suns will be March game based on what they said during delay. So 3 months back to back of magic and superhero powers. 

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

I saw the Gamespot video and it looked interesting but the fact they had made a special section, just for this preview, seemed a bit shady. Why not have a specific part of the final map available!?

Keep in mind, this was supposed to release in Oct/Nov, right?

Sarcastic Anil Kapoor GIF by Amazon miniTV

Devs usually do that to show more features in a smaller time. In the final game it will be more gradual, slower progression. That might be the case here too. 

Edited by dylanjosh