Forspoken

GeraltOfRivia

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2022 at 10:01 PM, playstationdude said:

The marketing for this game has been horrible off late.

Developers have opened up quite a lot about this game. They seems to be confident and no delays this time. It's almost ready. 

Marketing has been good but covered up upon all major releases. 

• 3 weeks later...

Forspoken Uses PS5’s SSD for Fast Travel With Virtually No Loading Times

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2022/12/01/forspoken-ps5-ssd-fast-travel-loading-times/

Square Enix has said that Forspoken PS5 utilizes the console’s SSD to allow players to fast travel with loading times under a second. The publisher just held a livestream offering a deep dive into the game, revealing how it crafted Forspoken’s story. The development team also touched upon gameplay aspects like parkour and magic spells.

According to a translation of the Japanese stream by Twitter user Genki_JPN, Forspoken features a 3D world map, over 100 magic spells under four main categories, and RPG elements that were crafted by some of the folks behind games like Final Fantasy 15. In addition to this, Forpsoken features magic parkour, which has been made easy to use because Square Enix wants the game to appeal to a wider audience.

The publisher has also said that Forspoken isn’t designed for multiple playthroughs. Players can simply continue playing in the world after finishing the main story.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This demo was so underwhelming, IMO. Visually, it's not the best. Gameplay is too convoluted for my taste. Just so much happening on the screen at all times.

Not all chaos looks pretty, and this one certainly doesn't. I had this on my wishlist for the longest time, but after playing the demo the second thing I did was remove it from my wishlist. The first thing was deleting the demo.

i sort of liked the demo but visually its very busy with sparks, effects and all sort of stuff flying around even at basic  combos. i prefer a clean look so its def not to my liking. when not in combat it looks quiet decent. 

combat is also a bit of mixed bag, the basic spells and stuff feel ok and quiet similar to inFamous games but lacks the punch & feedback of those titles. but my biggest problem is that to use melee combat you have switch from magic mode to melee mode. had they just mapped the melee combat to a button and made it more streamlined it would be better but even the melee combat has a lot of options and takes up most input buttons so not sure how it would've worked. the combat also seems yo to be quiet deep and the demo throw you right in the middle with almost everything unlocked and can be overwhelming. 

Spent around few hours on the demo and I like it! The combat & parkour stuff feels so smooth after you get some practice. Graphics are a let down but nothing bad. Fast and complex combat system which is what I like the most about action games. 

Developer Broadcast Vol.2