Forspoken

GeraltOfRivia

11 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Spent around few hours on the demo and I like it! The combat & parkour stuff feels so smooth after you get some practice. Graphics are a let down but nothing bad. Fast and complex combat system which is what I like the most about action games. 

Developer Broadcast Vol.2

Make sure you haven't turned on 120hz mode in the game. I made the same mistake and everything looked dull (basically defaulted to lowest setting). Then i turned off 120hz mode and switched on RT etc. It looks beautiful but yeah was expecting more. I guess luminous engine isn't good enough.

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Make sure you haven't turned on 120hz mode in the game. I made the same mistake and everything looked dull (basically defaulted to lowest setting). Then i turned off 120hz mode and switched on RT etc. It looks beautiful but yeah was expecting more. I guess luminous engine isn't good enough.

Yea, the 120hz mode is demanding on PS5. I don't know why devs had to put 120hz mode on consoles. Because of that the graphics quality got messed up, resolution could go down to 720p on 120hz DF mentioned it. They had to cut tree and foliage density massively to meet performance requirements. Hopefully other regions are a bit more coherently put together.

PC version will look better but requires a beefy unit to perform, check out the 'game informer' gameplay video 8 months ago! that's PC version 

From the demo the combat/gameplay is the main focus in Forspoken, followed by traversal, music and so on! 

Fast travel is insanely fast. Better than GOT. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, RV1709 said:

what’s going on with optimisation and pc games lately ?

Pretty weird recommendations. 4080 is around 50-60% more powerful than a 6800XT and both are kept as recommended specs for 4K Ultra. Makes little sense. 3080 is 6800XT equivalent, not 4080

Edited by Sach4life