Returnal

GeraltOfRivia

RETURNAL

Publisher : Sony

Developer: Housemarque

Platform: PS5

Release Date: TBA

Returnal combines side-scrolling action with roguelike gameplay into a third-person shooter where players fight to survive a hostile planet that changes with every death. Players can switch instinctively between firing modes by using a single adaptive trigger and can get right back into the action after dying. PS5's immersive 3D audio brings the alien world to life around the player, helping players navigate the intense positional combat. Coming to PlayStation 5.

Edited by GeraltOfRivia

• 3 months later...

2.jpg

1.png

3.png

Key features

Intense combat

• Fight to survive in this third-person roguelike shooter.
  • Take on ruthless enemies in explosive, bullet hell-fueled combat.

Thrilling exploration

• Manage equipment and resources carefully – every time you die, you restart from the beginning.
  • Scavenge alien tech for upgrades to enhance your abilities in future cycles.

Haunting narrative

• Piece together fragments of Selene’s memories as she seeks out answers.
  • Forge a personal connection with the planet as you explore its constantly evolving and decaying terrain.
Edited by Joe Cool

Just now, playstationdude said:

Dont know why they want to experiment so much. It would have been a killer linear SP game.

Its not an experiment, rogue-like and lite have been around since forever. Deathloop is another one doing similar thing.

8 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

It would have been a killer linear SP game.

Looks like the story itself is based around this person dying and re-exploring the world around them. So the game is designed with rogue-lite in mind, its not tacked on or anything. I myself I'm not a fan of rogue lites. Its never really clicked with me.