Returnal

GeraltOfRivia

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

There is no difference between soulsborne games and normal action adventure RPGs except the fact that souls games don't hold your hand and enemies are strong. 

When you die in Souls games, you only lose XP. There are tons of checkpoints so you're only really losing maybe 20-30 minutes of XP and even that can be regained easily by killing the enemy who killed you last time. 

1 hour ago, AnK said:

This game is doing pretty much the same 

just on rest mode 

Yes I think they should offer a save system similar to Soulsborne which would essentially only eliminate the need to use Rest Mode & waste power 

Only reset things if you die 

not if you quit 

True and true.

Just reset things on death. Do it like soulsbourne. How can anyone defend losing hours worth of progress bcuz elctricity went out or ps5 stalled or  updated is totally beyond me.

The amount of misinformation being spread online about this game is unreal. 

You absolutely don’t have to grind for 4-5 hours in every run.  

The fast travel options are well placed in the map and you can always choose to pursue the main objective instead of grinding. Your weapons are powered up to the appropriate level before each biome even if you don’t grind. 

There is no one single way of playing this game.

In so many of my runs, I died even after grinding so much for maxing out health, and in some others, I went really deep even when I didn’t grind. 
It purely depends on your luck and the items you find + your skill. 

Edited by VamosReva
  • Like 1

If there's an electricity problem any game is at risk even high risk of getting save corruption or PS5 major issue. PS5 stalled, how's that the game problem? Update, you can disable auto updates until done manually. 

How people finding reasons to hate is beyond me. 

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

How people finding reasons to hate is beyond me. 

You know why.

15 minutes ago, AnK said:

But why having an auto save feature like Soulsborne with only death resetting progress 

that much of a big issue to provide 

It will just add a QOL feature without breaking the design in anyway 

Ppl are practically already doing that using rest mode 

Because the save exploit can be done and b'coz procedurally generated world. It changes based on your performance and how much have you reached in game. Things which you going to get after certain deaths, story progression happens only at biome 1 and after 4 on act 2. 

People also did this rest mode thing in bloodborne, enemies and bosses can get weak. It was patched later but killing every enemies in each sections, farming for blood vials, souls was still bugging the players. These devs just telling you upfront. Basically it's only for players who keep whining. To be honest it's not needed. I've never used it. 

Returnal+1.3.6+Blog+Image.jpg?format=100

Patch 1.3.6 will be live today at 11AM GMT.

Patch Notes:

Multiple stability fixes addressing rare crashes/hangs.

Fixed issue with pre-order suits occasionally blocking item collection and door opening.

Fixed incorrect healing behavior when resting in Helios.

Fixed issues with certain custom controller mappings.

Numerous minor fixes and improvements.

Live in an hour from now. 

4 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Its funny how most of the people having problems with this game are those not actually playing it

Well, and whose exactly going to complain when the devs come out and say "No Returnal 2"  1-2 years from now? It's a game made with a AAA budget. If it cannot catch new audiences (Like Souls did at the time), then Housemarque will just go back to the old low budget games for the already existing fan community.

Edited by roun90

7 minutes ago, AnK said:

Demon Souls & Bloodborne may have done poorly coz of being niche titles exclusive to a low install base 

But same can’t be said about FromSoftware 

those games made them a brand in themselves & doing very good in the multiplatform market 

Never said From did bad. In fact, From exploded with Dark Souls. The main reason for that though - was that the game had the reputation of being hard but absolutely fair. It captured tons of new players with this.

For all the "New Players" here though, the reputation is not exactly great. Save files (at least Save+Quit and the file being deleted on coming back) is seen as a basic right these days. As @Sach4life said, the dedicated community loves it, but few new players are willing to even try it. Especially when it's a full priced AAA game. Housemarue's other titles went for pretty cheap.

Edited by roun90

There are countless of shooters out there in market. Why didn't Housemarque made the same generic looter shooter? no need to follow vision of their own but follow the generic products. Give us an easy mode and a save game and we probably going to buy... but wait after that we're going to debate the price tag. There are many games like this out there so why would we pay full AAA price for this? we'll wait for deep deep sale now. 

I didn't knew about FromSoftware until Bloodborne. Did they lost hope after less sales of so good demon souls (original) and dark souls 1 and 2. How we know that Housemarque didn't made new numerous amount of new fans and got more known to the public? Yea because I didn't like the fact that game does not have a save method and an easy mode and I don't have time for that. Meh! 

I wish if Housemarque not going for Returnal 2 but go for even more ambitious project build with their own vision. They have entered AAA market and they did a MARVELOUS job in Returnal. I personally wish they build their games in same concept like in Returnal or maybe even tougher next time. 

People who want to try the game they are doing it and loving it. I don't think anybody is forcing anyone to play. Don't like the game? Move on! Like to try? Get it and play. 

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Like 1

Literally every single reviewer recommended and gave best ratings to this game. Everybody who played saying well done HOUSEMARQUE and Thanks Sony/PS for investing in them. 

You guys want to know who didn't recommended this game? 

:lol:

• Haha 4