Returnal

GeraltOfRivia

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

I just checked his Telegram group, those are decent rates for 1 month rental. I'll try it once I get PS5.

Yes but get them from him only. Don't go for those cheaps account stuff (I know you know that already but just saying). Also once you get DM me il pm you his number.

2 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

Yes but get them from him only. Don't go for those cheaps account stuff (I know you know that already but just saying). Also once you get DM me il pm you his number.

That's his group, only he can post there. Also got his number from there. 

Although this is usually against the PSN ToS and if Sony detects that one account has been used on multiple consoles, they might ban something.

41 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

That's his group, only he can post there. Also got his number from there. 

Although this is usually against the PSN ToS and if Sony detects that one account has been used on multiple consoles, they might ban something.

Yup, against ToS and AFAIK Sony bans an entire entire IP Range. Happened to a friend of mine a long time ago. Problem with IP Range ban, some innocent schmuck might get banned too.

8 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Looks like it'll continue this gen too. Already we got returnal and maybe kena but they've also signed up two brand new studios to make exclusive so far. Firewall studios and haven studios 

Yup, and I love it.

8 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Everyone wants unique games but no one wants to buy them :giggle:

People do buy, and depending on what people buy - the games get sequels. Do you mean to tell me Uncharted 1, Demon's Souls, Ratchet, Horizon, Infamous etc. did not sell at all?

Also, remember to be thankful to Sony. One of the low popularity, sales wise flop IP they took a risk on is your favorite - Yakuza. SEGA was about to can Yakuza completely. After Yakuza 4, they wanted no more Yakuza games, especially in the West. It was Sony who funded the localization of Yakuza 5 and others in the West (Before Yakuza 0 exploded and despite previous games flopping). Without Sony, no Yakuza 0. So yup, they do take risks. Some succeed with sales and become giants, while some don't. Not a big deal.

Edited by roun90

5 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Drones are real Nemesis in Biome 3. 

Easy if the weapons have good permanent traits. 

I unlocked waves for hallowseeker and those drones were getting destroyed in 2-3 shots. 

4 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

Anyone got sales data for Returnal? Want to see if the high price tag for new IPs is worth it. 

Not concrete data is given yet but it was still on top 5 in many regions. Not as strong compared to other exclusives because of reasons -_- but pretty decent for a brand new IP and developers. 

I'd say devs made a massive jump with Returnal and no doubt they made a fantastic game. 

5 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

Anyone got sales data for Returnal? Want to see if the high price tag for new IPs is worth it. 

I read somewhere that physical sales tanked in the 2nd week. Not sure though, take it with a grain of salt.

9 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Not concrete data is given yet but it was still on top 5 in many regions. Not as strong compared to other exclusives because of reasons -_- but pretty decent for a brand new IP and developers. 

I'd say devs made a massive jump with Returnal and no doubt they made a fantastic game. 

Being in the Top 5 is not a sales benchmark. There is literally no competition in that week which explains that position. 

Resident Evil 8 and Mass effect LE should be reaping most of the sales this month. 

7 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Being in the Top 5 is not a sales benchmark. There is literally no competition in that week which explains that position. 

Resident Evil 8 and Mass effect LE should be reaping most of the sales this month. 

Did I said it created a sale benchmark? It was on top 5 week 2 data for certain regions. Top 5 position maybe not as good but it's not bad either. 

Comparing directly with RE8 and ME LE isn't as fair considering these games are on all major platforms including previous generation. Also highly different genre and widely known. One is a remaster of already several goty award winner. 

1 minute ago, Heaven Angel said:

Did I said it created a sale benchmark? It was on top 5 week 2 data for certain regions. Top 5 position maybe not as good but it's not bad either. 

Comparing directly with RE8 and ME LE isn't as fair considering these games are on all major platforms including previous generation. Also highly different genre and widely known. One is a remaster of already several goty award winner. 

Agreed. Returnal, like demons souls would appeal to a niche audience only. Second, other two games are sequels to hugely popular franchises. 

17 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Its not going to top any charts because last day of the month release will skew data badly for monthly charts. It was still 3rd in PSN chart for April despite being out for just one day.

17 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

This is not a genre for everyone, and it has the additional stigma of no save points attached to it. Meanwhile, the games you mentioned are established and some of the most popular IPs in the entire gaming industry. Of course Returnal sales will be low compared to those. But IP establishment need not have those kinds of sales. So long as a community is built around the game, and popularity spreads gradually - IP will be established. Same thing happened with Demon's Souls (PS3) after all.

9 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

6 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Its not going to top any charts because last day of the month release will skew data badly for monthly charts. It was still 3rd in PSN chart for April despite being out for just one day.

Yeah, pricing such a niche game or new IP makes no sense. 

3 minutes ago, roun90 said:

This is not a genre for everyone, and it has the additional stigma of no save points attached to it. Meanwhile, the games you mentioned are established and some of the most popular IPs in the entire gaming industry. Of course Returnal sales will be low compared to those. But IP establishment need not have those kinds of sales. So long as a community is built around the game, and popularity spreads gradually - IP will be established. Same thing happened with Demon's Souls (PS3) after all.

Agreed. I am only questioning Sony’s blanket pricing decision on all Ps5 exclusive games whether is a niche game or established franchise. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mysteryman said:

Agreed. I am only questioning Sony’s blanket pricing decision on all Ps5 exclusive games whether is a niche game or established franchise. 

Though I feel 70 dollars is steep, but I think the hardware is so complex now, quality single player AAA experiences, specially exclusives, are extremely costly to build from scratch. My personal preference is a well stitched epic single player experience over an episodic experience with microtransactions (like Ubisoft has recently indicated it plans to do). 

Bottomline- don't kill off single player experiences to justify a cheaper price. 

Pps- just my personal opinion.

Personally, I wait till prices fall before making purchase, unless ofcourse it's a franchise I absolutely dig. Gotta have that day 1.